gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 05:13:17 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: New SX350 Chip from China
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New SX350 Chip from China  (Read 88148 times)

Offline Adams_Mods

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Re: New SX350 Chip from China
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:06:09 AM »
Reviews say its badarse.
It goes down to 3 volts  also incorporates a bypass function to use mod as a mechanical..

Upgradeable to 35 Watts
$69US http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2014/04/jump-on-it-30-watts-in-aluminum-box-6999.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNmelCIDWXU

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:04:44 AM »
If you buy a fake Hana mod, expect junk!

You will NOT be getting DNA regulated device, you'll be getting a Chinese copy that as of yet has NOT been tested by any end-users.

All of these Hana Mods are pre-orders and nobody knows yet how they'll perform, but if they're anything like the Seneca 30W....which is also made in China, you may as well set fire to $80 cuz you'll have one hellava POS!

As for the YiHai controller, it too is not performing up to par and it's display is not showing the correct voltage according to several beta-testers.

Don't EVER believe what a vendor tells you, no matter how good their reputation is....get the facts from beta-testers cuz they'll be the one's to tell it like it is and have nothing to gain or lose by being honest.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:48:54 PM »
Gotta agree with ya Times the sx350 screen will not fit that enclosures screen window but yet its being linked advertised as being the chip in the clone hana @69US.

The mod chips sx220-sx350 have been scoped by a few and it is performing as advertised. 

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »
$69 for a custom dna30 enclosure thats billet aluminum thats prewired and batts, not to bad  :laughing2:

Vicious ants 120 watt mod is the one that I would buy, its purdy.
ie::  turn the sx350 mod into a mod enclosure channeling a mamu  mod tutorial that uses a clear acrylic screen.

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »
The mod chips sx220-sx350 have been scoped by a few and it is performing as advertised.

Ya got a link to the "scoping"?

I'd like to see it for myself.

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »
ie::  turn the sx350 mod into a mod enclosure channeling a mamu  mod tutorial that uses a clear acrylic screen.

Mamu was not the inventor of using an acrylic enclosure or screen, it's been done by many modders.....goes back to the days before the Provari even came into play.

It was used by many modders during the days of the "Evercool" mods. (Murata OKR's & Texas Instruments SIP modules w/LED voltage meters)

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 08:42:13 PM »
$69 for a custom dna30 enclosure thats billet aluminum thats prewired and batts, not to bad  :laughing2:

All the more reason to be leary of what's inside?

Crap batts?

Crap fake DNA?

Billet aluminum? (Doubt it, more like cast.)

I see no machining marks anywhere inside of those Hana clone enclosures. They're very similar to Hammond enclosures.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg.htm

And FWIW.....an aluminum enclosure from China can be had for dirt cheap!

You can buy them from an aluminum extrusion factory for next to nothing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:54:03 PM by timesarerough »

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »
Ya got a link to the "scoping"?

I'd like to see it for myself.
-- have video

sx-220
Bap has hands on and  is testing the sx-350 others have posted its great but no visuals on scope
the only problem reviewed is the batts are showing higher than actual voltage which with shutoff @ approximately 3.2v your batts will be @3.1-2.9v  so thats a real no brainer goodie fault..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jxTyMCyo-g

Here David is using the highly accurate ECD meter--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHQZ5sASurQ

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 09:05:08 PM »
Mamu was not the inventor of using an acrylic enclosure or screen, it's been done by many modders.....goes back to the days before the Provari even came into play.

It was used by many modders during the days of the "Evercool" mods. (Murata OKR's & Texas Instruments SIP modules w/LED voltage meters)
Where does it say in my post that mamu invented the see-thru mod enclosure, what she did do was make a modding tutorial with it..   :laughing2:

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 09:23:12 PM »
-- have video

Both of those videos are for the SX200 [20W]. (Sigelei Legend)

Not the same controller as the SX220 [22W] or the SX350 [35W].

These are the controllers in question and I have SERIOUS doubts with the SX350.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 09:31:04 PM »
All the more reason to be leary of what's inside?

Crap batts?

Crap fake DNA?

Billet aluminum? (Doubt it, more like cast.)

I see no machining marks anywhere inside of those Hana clone enclosures. They're very similar to Hammond enclosures.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg.htm

And FWIW.....an aluminum enclosure from China can be had for dirt cheap!

You can buy them from an aluminum extrusion factory for next to nothing.

Then why haven't you made a mod enclosure like bap and a couple others, to help modders building dna's.. 
Bap sold quite a bit of his plastic enclosures and the metal SS version cost is  $100+US of his enclosure, the printed plastic is $55+..  Even if the board is bad, this is a good deal on a nice enclosure, it could be cheaper and is @$59-- but, you get freebies,  a charge board, spring loaded 510, and pre-wired for a dna30--if the bat is crap its not expensive at all to toss in a  lipo..lol..  For ~100 you get a great looking mod that you can take and have screened, etched, or engraved.. 
Hammond boxes are good but only if you have correct tooling equipment.   I have seen a ton of misaligned screens and buttons drilled in mods.  This is a no brainer..  + you can put the crap board in an enclosure and use it when the dna is charging.   :thumbsup:

In a perfect scenario --- Its a huge win for the dna manufacts .  They will sell more boards because it is even easier to make a mod..
You may be right on the box enclosure but from this picture its definitely milled.  It doesn't matter it still badase.  lol

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 09:33:33 PM »
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coop-planning-discussion/532844-yihi-sx-350-30w.html#post12881366

There are others that confirm my suspicion during their own testing results.

"Sx350 testing bottom feeder done. This is barebones made out of 2 battery holders, some silver plated BeCu contacts, modified 510 to 510 adapter, 6ml bottle, and DSL filter case. No time to test tonight beyond initial vape. First impression is that the voltage reading is off."

The SX220 is inside of the 26650 mod called the Greenleaf Seven-22 and does not have the vibrate function like the Sigelei Legend. But it too isn't as accurate as it claims to be.

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »
Then why haven't you made a mod enclosure like bap and a couple others, to help modders building dna's.. 

Who says that I'm not?  :laughing2:

How do ya think that I know so much about where to obtain aluminum enclosures....hmmm?

Or for that matter, how I know so much about the fake Chinese DNA copies?

Bap has his designs on Shapeways and not all of them are free.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 09:44:56 PM »
Both of those videos are for the SX200 [20W]. (Sigelei Legend)

Not the same controller as the SX220 [22W] or the SX350 [35W].

These are the controllers in question and I have SERIOUS doubts with the SX350.

The sx-200 is the same sx-220 upgraded board,  it user defaults to 20 watts but will do 22 watts and buck down to 3 volts.. Did you watch Phils video? 
The original sx-220 did not buck 3v and was user capable of being dialed to 22 watts, this board will shoot up to 22 watts to balance the output frequency to give you 20 watts..  The dc frequency wave is tad bit smoother than the dna20 too..

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 10:37:51 PM »

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 01:53:54 AM »
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coop-planning-discussion/532844-yihi-sx-350-30w.html#post12881366

There are others that confirm my suspicion during their own testing results.

"Sx350 testing bottom feeder done. This is barebones made out of 2 battery holders, some silver plated BeCu contacts, modified 510 to 510 adapter, 6ml bottle, and DSL filter case. No time to test tonight beyond initial vape. First impression is that the voltage reading is off."

The SX220 is inside of the 26650 mod called the Greenleaf Seven-22 and does not have the vibrate function like the Sigelei Legend. But it too isn't as accurate as it claims to be.

Disregard everything times has said  negative about any of these boards they all are spot on.  Matter of fact the SX-350 is working 1000% BETTER THAN THE DNA30 ITS BEEN PUT THROUGH A RIGOROUS TESTING THAT OVERHEATS  AND SHUTS DOWN THE DNA.  THE TESTER HAD JUST PURCHASED  DNA'S AND  IS MAD ABOUT IT.. 

Pbusardo gave the sx-220 thumbs up after scoping it.

The DNA20 clone has also been tested and its a 1:1 DNA20 clone exact.  All menu functions are the same as well as having no reverse battery protection.

The sx-220 sx-350 both have reverse protection..

52 bucks for a dna hanna modz clone is hwy robbery to hanna modz but wow they did it..

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10007864/1689401-hana-modz-pack-dna-20-style-mod

mini with leather protector belt holder
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007864/1689400
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:01:49 AM by Visus »

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 12:44:34 PM »
Took a look at the specs on the SX-350, pretty amazing.  Is there a site that shows a bench test on it?

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 02:58:01 PM »

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »
Thanks, would like to see some close-up shots on the board, both sides.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »
Thanks, would like to see some close-up shots on the board, both sides.

The factory covers up a lot of the board with some black goo on the closeups I have seen.

Looks like pricing to be around $45usd maybe lower hopefully.
UK vapers have a coop going and its 45 so eventually when fasttech gets it,  it should be close or lower than that.  my guesstimation.
There's already modz being sold @250usd with dual 26650 in a box mod.
Its a money maker for modders that for sure with only parts count @ box and solder they even give ya hookup wire..

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 01:08:56 AM »
I built the barebones bottom feeder. My scope is old so it is not currently calibrated but what I found was a very well filtered output with ripple around .15V with a .7 ohm coil at 30W & .05V at 5W, and .075V with a .4 ohm coil at 30W and .025V at 5W.  The ripple was an odd sawtooth but was very minimal. I torture tested it  with a .4 ohm and a .23 ohm coil at 30W and the atty got hot enough I couldn't hold on to it but the board was just a little above skin temperature.

I have since upgraded the firmware to the 35 watt release but have not had time to test beyond using it in real life. My original firmware must have had a glitch where the battery voltage did not show a change during firing but it does with the new firmware. Oddly enough at idle it still shows the battery voltage a little high as before but correct during firing. Was told by a distributor that YiHi is going to be revising it with the option to use buttons for adjustment. (Although the tilt adjustment becomes second nature after a bit and I find it to be fine and saves wiring and buttons to have to place somewhere) I was wondering what the unused through holes were for and maybe they are what will be used.

I took a look at the firmware update file and it is apparently created with DefuSe so I assume they are using an STM32 32-bit ARM Cortex MCU. Also, the display characters (display during boot and menu items) are in plain ASCII so if there is not a CRC check they should be easily changed with a simple Hex editor. Found that the Hex just before the character string is apparently the size to display the following characters. Holding off on changing anything for now just in case it was to brick it.

All in all it seems to be a winner. Only things I see that I would like addressed is the battery voltage display  accuracy and it would be real nice if the display was not potted to the board so  there was more flexibility making a mod with it. (Also would make it simple to determine what display driver chipset is being used to further reverse the firmware update to figure out the graphics set)

Anyone have tools to dump the complete flash file from the STM32 via HID? (Wondering if they have the protection bit set)

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
Couldn't help myself.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »
Looks like the Hex editor worked. Nice going Mundy

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 05:31:39 PM »
Yes, on the menu items but the logo display is not straight ASCII like I thought. I am looking for patterns in the image that would be similar to the logo but it is going to take awhile checking each X/Y possibility and also turning it 90 degrees. If I only knew what driver chip it was............

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 10:07:36 PM »
Found the boot images and also the character images pulling an all nighter because I just couldn't let it beat me.  :thumbsup:

They are not in a standard format I have seen before. Full page addressing is 8 bits vertical from most significant bit down to least with 0 for dark pixel and 1 for lit pixel, then advance 1 column to the right until the end of that row. Advance down 1 row of 8 to the 9th pixel and go back to the first column but on this row it is inverted from least significant bit to most. Repeat 3 times for a total of 6 rows of 8 bits vertical and 64 columns horizontal. Individual characters are treated the same, only using 2 rows of 8 bits each. They are not using any character set the driver chip might or might not have and are building each screen bitwise with all the characters from the flash image.

Anyone seen that addressing pattern for a display before? I am not that well versed in anything on the market in the last 20 years since I have been out of the scene for that long.

Going to see about writing a program this weekend to convert a BMP to the binaries required.

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 10:53:59 PM »
Well that pretty much went right over my head. But way to stick to it and sort it out :)

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 01:56:02 AM »
I don't know if you'll find anyone here who can tell you the compiler or even the specific MCU they're using on that.  If you knew, you might be able to decompile the program and do whatever you wanted without risk of bricking the thing.

It's pretty tricky going in there with a hex editor.  If you overwrite an instruction in the bootloader then install the program, you won't be able to salvage the board.  It's risky, not at all like modifying a regular computer program. 

Looks like you have it worked out to some extent though.  That's always cool when it's possible to customize things.

One thing to keep in mind is the code libraries for MCUs are fairly device dependent and you're looking at things in raw machine code.  Things can vary quite a bit from one device to the next. 

I don't think I could recognize the binary patterns even on the stuff I write in assembly, let alone C which I'm sure they're using on that one.  When I do look at the machine code for my own stuff, my compiler lines it up with the written code, otherwise it would just look like a bunch of random hex characters to me. 

I find it amazing people can actually hack programs with a hex editor, always looks like gibberish to me.

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 08:26:29 AM »
Just wondering if anyone had seen that particular addressing technique for graphics display. I don't intend on altering anything except the graphics areas used. I am lucky they didn't use a CRC routine to make altering any of the code impossible without bricking it.

As far as binary goes, I've always had the knack. I still see binary whole kind of like a good morse code guy hears complete words instead of individual letters. I built my first computers at component level. (You couldn't buy anything at consumer level unless you were really rich, think PDP10 or S370) So I programed in machine language by toggle switch input and read the code by individual led display. I learned the 4004 instruction set and at one time I knew the complete Z80 instruction set in binary and could write and read a program in binary. (You had to) 16 bit and then 32 bit architecture came out and it was exponentially harder to do that way. I went to assembler then higher language compilers and got out of the hobby mainstream since it wasn't as fun and anyone could buy an assembled computer and code in higher language. In other words I wasn't one of the few special geeks anymore.

Offline Inviktus00

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 09:46:28 AM »
Hello all, Im new to this forum but not new to vaping and circuitry so this is a nice combo for me. lol

I am also interested in changing the Boot Logo of this SX350, the idea i had was fairly simple but i cannot program at all.  :wallbash:

The program would be simple, show a grid layout of the SX350 screen in pixels. You would click on the pixel to either light it up or turn it off. A pixel with the value of "on" would be a value of "1" per the post from Mundy. This would leave us endless options without having to attempt to write the code and install, only to realize one pixel is off and re write the whole thing.

Mundy hopefully you can throw some suggestions out to make this idea a bit more streamline. i have not received my SX350 yet but as soon as i do i will be messing with it.

Offline Mikhailmods

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 01:43:25 AM »
Trying out the new chip, thanks to Mamu tutorial. Works well.

image by MKJurassic, on Flickr

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2014, 06:07:57 PM »
Finished the vital subroutines but need to clean up the code and the GUI.
Also on the  " ' things to do" list:
Add subroutines to view and change the internal alphanumeric character set.
Add subroutines to change the internal graphics. (like the lock symbol, etc)

Bottom line though is.................it works.

Didn't see a way to put video on here, so here is a GIF

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »
Finished the vital subroutines but need to clean up the code and the GUI.
Also on the  " ' things to do" list:
Add subroutines to view and change the internal alphanumeric character set.
Add subroutines to change the internal graphics. (like the lock symbol, etc)

Bottom line though is.................it works.

Didn't see a way to put video on here, so here is a GIF

Great Alex. Cool. Glad you got it down.

Using the button "Insert Hyperlinks" and you type in the address for the video between the hyperlinks, It should display the video.

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2014, 07:16:35 PM »
Thanks, I was trying to make it too complicated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI5KyHxp5F4

Rudimentary but functional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGSuLljKhz8

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2014, 07:34:27 PM »
I clicked on the video and now on my screen it says, all your bases belong mundy lol

bravo thats some tinkering dynamite matrix type level..

:thumbsup:

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »
That's some awesome hacking, black hats off to you.

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »
I clicked on the video and now on my screen it says, all your bases belong mundy lol

bravo thats some tinkering dynamite matrix type level..

:thumbsup:

That's some awesome hacking, black hats off to you.

How that makes my day.  :thankyou:

Haven't heard that in 25 years or so.

I have been out of the game for too long.

Maybe I'll get out my trash80 to celebrate.  8)

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »
 :rockin smiley:

Offline vereybowring

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 05:59:20 PM »
Just got my very own SX350 today and have been planning my build.
Going for a dual parallel 18650 layout using this box - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121332758319?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Going to change the slot in section at one end of the box to be a battery door with hinges and a simple latch.
I am going to replace the stock switch with a vandal switch, obviously have the USB available on the outside and I'm going to cover the facing sections of the box with carbon vinyl.

Also going to make my own SS 510 connection with sealed sprung centre post (will just initially use a standard 510 though since I do not have a lathe or fancy tools so it will take time to fabricate my own 510).

I have to say in my initial little tests to make sure it all worked I am really impressed with this chipset and I am glad I bought it instead of a DNA30.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 07:18:19 PM »
Just got my very own SX350 today and have been planning my build.
Going for a dual parallel 18650 layout using this box - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121332758319?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Going to change the slot in section at one end of the box to be a battery door with hinges and a simple latch.
I am going to replace the stock switch with a vandal switch, obviously have the USB available on the outside and I'm going to cover the facing sections of the box with carbon vinyl.

Also going to make my own SS 510 connection with sealed sprung centre post (will just initially use a standard 510 though since I do not have a lathe or fancy tools so it will take time to fabricate my own 510).

I have to say in my initial little tests to make sure it all worked I am really impressed with this chipset and I am glad I bought it instead of a DNA30.

Would luv to see it when completed. Sounds interesting.

I got a couple of those enclosures as a free sample a couple of years ago and used it for an MCU DNA 12 mod. I wasn't particularly thrilled with the enclosure but maybe it will work out better for you. I also used carbon vinyl as an after thought a week later.

That's great, making your own SS 510 connector  :rockin smiley:

I only have a partial view of the enclosure w/ the vinyl because I scraped the box for a different one...........

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 07:22:55 PM by Breaktru »

Offline vereybowring

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »
Construction of my mod should begin later today - I am going to call it The Crum-Dubh !
http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/vereybowring/slideshow/Crum%20Dubh%20parts

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18:49 PM »
Got this in email from YiHi.
Doesn't seem to be available just yet, but would be a real topper.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »

That will hold its own.   Very attractive mod, thats the way China woot  no tomtrickery with cloning.
I can use as persuasion some of these women who chase me when I leave out the front door with that.

Interesting vaping developments ahead of the bigs;
Provari is supposed to have a new mod coming out soon, sneak peek when pbusardo went to their factory
Evolv is also rumored to have something new
Joytech has the evic supreme

Almost as good as collecting r/c cars and I had 8 cars $$$$$ two of same chassis cause upgrades in new model RS4's ten bodys, 2 custom pro painted, left with one in divorce, no bodies  Oh yeah one traxxas truck  :laughing2:  Vape hobby so much cheaper  :laughing:

The vaping world is changing because of  mechs, mods, and Evolv    :thumbsup:

Still cannot believe I am comfortably vaping 24 watts sometimes 30+..

Offline BigHoffy

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 02:14:59 PM »
ya if you toss that thing I may beat down some chicks for it lol. until the nails come out then I'm gone. wondering where to get a sx350 for cheap. like around 60 bucks if possible maybe a little more. also on the whole hana mods clone, someone was bound to do it since they're overcharging so much. ive seen then from 265-400 bucks. lets do some math real quick and this isn't counting wholesale prices they can get. $50 chipset + $2.50 for 3x buttons + $10 battery + $6 510 connector = $68.50 so there getting all that for about $50 or less. now lets divide retail cost of machine by 3 to account for 300% profit. 265/3 = 87.66. so they are charging at wholesale prices about 37.66 for that case and you probably have to order more than 200 of them. or you the consumer about 210 for the case. pretty crappy if you ask me. I'm surprised someone doesn't make a clone with the same dna 30 for 130 or so. or just the case for 40 bucks or something. I personally refuse to spend over $100. so that's why im here in the diy forums trying to find info on where to get stuff. besides all that the sx350 blows the pants off dna 30 IMO. which makes the whole hana lineup a dead dinosaur. one thing I do want to see from yihi is a firmware update where you can adjust the watts like my evic where you can say fire up your coils at a higher wattage for .5-1second and then drop the wattage to where you like it, then trail off the wattage at the end of you hit. I have found this gives me better flavor and I think its very tech. I think its the way these mods should be going not just more watts. 30 watts is fine by me, I don't really plan on going over 18 or 20. then again I haven't been able to go sub ohm because of my shitty evic so lolz to me. I have found it can run 1.3 ohm instead of the rated 1.5. but if you put a 1.2 ohm sucker in there she don't like it. she can still be used a an overpriced ohm meter though =).

Offline Adams_Mods

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »
ya if you toss that thing I may beat down some chicks for it lol. until the nails come out then I'm gone. wondering where to get a sx350 for cheap. like around 60 bucks if possible maybe a little more. also on the whole hana mods clone, someone was bound to do it since they're overcharging so much. ive seen then from 265-400 bucks. lets do some math real quick and this isn't counting wholesale prices they can get. $50 chipset + $2.50 for 3x buttons + $10 battery + $6 510 connector = $68.50 so there getting all that for about $50 or less. now lets divide retail cost of machine by 3 to account for 300% profit. 265/3 = 87.66. so they are charging at wholesale prices about 37.66 for that case and you probably have to order more than 200 of them. or you the consumer about 210 for the case. pretty crappy if you ask me. I'm surprised someone doesn't make a clone with the same dna 30 for 130 or so. or just the case for 40 bucks or something. I personally refuse to spend over $100. so that's why im here in the diy forums trying to find info on where to get stuff. besides all that the sx350 blows the pants off dna 30 IMO. which makes the whole hana lineup a dead dinosaur. one thing I do want to see from yihi is a firmware update where you can adjust the watts like my evic where you can say fire up your coils at a higher wattage for .5-1second and then drop the wattage to where you like it, then trail off the wattage at the end of you hit. I have found this gives me better flavor and I think its very tech. I think its the way these mods should be going not just more watts. 30 watts is fine by me, I don't really plan on going over 18 or 20. then again I haven't been able to go sub ohm because of my shitty evic so lolz to me. I have found it can run 1.3 ohm instead of the rated 1.5. but if you put a 1.2 ohm sucker in there she don't like it. she can still be used a an overpriced ohm meter though =).

www.varitube.com is where you can get this chip. Very fast shipping.

Offline memoevapor

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 12:13:13 AM »

Offline baron von bubba

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »
Thanks, I was trying to make it too complicated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI5KyHxp5F4

Rudimentary but functional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGSuLljKhz8

are you going to make the program public?
cos thats pretty damn cool and im building a SX350 box right now  ;)

Offline Alexander Mundy

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2014, 03:17:42 PM »
I am not releasing it into the wild.
There are several reasons, but 2 stand out.
1) Being blamed if someone bricks their board.
2) There have been a few boards doing sporatic things after factory upgrade. A YiHi distributor contacted me to inquire if anyone had it. Him and I discussed the ramifications of warranty integrity if it was in the wild. I agreed that it would make his ability to warranty with the factory (and thus to all customers) much more complicated.

Offline Claviger

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2014, 07:15:41 PM »
Thinking of ordering one just to hack the code on it lol :P

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: New SX350 Chip from China

gfxgfx
gfx gfx