gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 19, 2024, 02:53:54 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Vari Volt Booster Regulator w/ Digital Pot - Copper Mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vari Volt Booster Regulator w/ Digital Pot - Copper Mod  (Read 124159 times)

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Vari Volt Booster Regulator w/ Digital Pot - Copper Mod
« on: March 06, 2011, 06:05:12 PM »
Copper V.V. Mod. Using One 18650, 3.7v. battery Incorporated the PTN04050C regulator and a DS-1869-100 Digital potentiometer.
Voltage in = 3.7v to 4.12v, Voltage out = 3.54v to >6V

**I am happy to share info with all that drop by this forum. So dropping a mention when you post your mod elsewhere would be a decent gesture.
Show your support by signing up as a member and please participate by posting**

Log on to see Schematic

Increment / decrement voltage with a small tactile pushbutton

YouTube Videos

Booster circuit in a 2AA box mod: .44 mini VV Booster Mod

To See Attached Photo, Log on as a Member..
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:36:30 AM by Breaktru »

Online Avamil

Re: Vari Volt Booster Regulator w/ Digital Pot - Copper Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:42:52 PM »
I would love to make one. One battery for 5 volt vaping is right up my alley. Cool. I've see the 2 videos and I am very impressed with the digital pot you incorporated into the mod. Great work Breaktru. Can't wait for your next project. Keep us posted dude.

Offline shirl

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 06:28:13 PM »
My hubby has used your wonderful detailed diagram to build me a box mod. The high end voltage is too high. Like 15 volts. Please advise.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »
It's easy to adjust the voltage. I used one button for UP and Down instead on 2 separate ones. While holding the FIRE button, The first push decrements the voltage, each push goes to the next lower step. There are 64 resistive steps (taps). When you keep tapping the button it will go all the way to the lowest voltage. I posted it was 3.24v but just awhile ago when trying to make a chessy video I went to 3.12v. Once it bottoms it then starts to increment and visa versa, each tap is a step. If you hold the button it will keep scaling up or down depending on the way it was headed. To change direction, continue to hold the FIRE button and wait a second or two, then hit the UP/DOWN button. After you're at your voltage of choice, let go of the UP/DOWN button while continuing holding the fire button for 1-2 seconds and the setting will be stored in the D.P. chip.
Sounds confusing but after doing it a couple of times, it's quite easy. I placed the two buttons at 90 degrees from each other so it's easy to do it with one hand.
Although I read the spec/instructions several times, I figured it out by trial and error.

One more thing, those Digital Meters (1S-6S) for the Li-Po battery found at R/C sites and Madvapes, It wrecks havoc on the operation of varying the voltage. At first I thought I had a problem with my circuit or chips but I switched to my digital multimeter and it worked as designed.
What was happening is, when I went down to 3.24v, I was stuck there and the meter would flash dim to bright and sometimes each flash was a totally different voltage reading. Like I said, It was the D.M. module and not the circuitry. All is now fine and I am truly enjoying my new toy.
If you use the 1S-6S meter, don't go below 3.6volts.

I want to thank TuErOs for his idea of using couplers instead of just a copper pipe, give it a new look. Didn't look as good as his but I like it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:04:48 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »
My hubby has used your wonderful detailed diagram to build me a box mod. The high end voltage is too high. Like 15 volts. Please advise.
Hey Shirl, Made sure he used the same resistors as my schematic. He needs to put a 100k resistor across pin 3 & 4 of the regulator which is not in the Spec PDF from the manufacturer.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »
Right click and select "View Image"

Keeping the tubes tightly together:
Friction holds the tubes and couplers together. If it's too loose, give the outer edges of the inner tube a slight tap w/ a mallet to make it slightly out of round. But be very careful not to dent it or make it too out of round. The damage would be irreversible.
See also: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/168405-booster-v-v-copper-mod-w-digital-potentiometer.html#post2824383
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:13:44 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 06:53:42 PM »
Internals:
Booster Circuit board and Digital Pot board
Diode was old design and has been omitted in all 04050c mods. Do not use the diode.

Right Click Photos and select "View Images" for FULL sized view.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:02:26 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Online wwwest

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 08:29:15 PM »
Tight sqeeze, I must say.... Amazing  ;D

Offline tony2stix

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »
Hi would love to try have you a parts list?

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 08:00:42 PM »
Hi would love to try have you a parts list?
Hi Tony, Yes. Look at the very first post in this thread. The parts can be seen in the picture of the circuits.

Online vapemistress

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
So Techno  :o... I love it.

Offline geothee

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »
You are very talented in making your mods and your calculator. I am very impressed.
You sharing this with all of us is a blessing, keep up the good work. All your hard work will someday be rewarded, I'm sure.
I read your out of work, you should put a Donation link so those who benefited by one of your ideas or creations can reciprocate.

Offline steamEngine

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 08:13:31 PM »
You are very talented in making your mods and your calculator. I am very impressed.
You sharing this with all of us is a blessing, keep up the good work. All your hard work will someday be rewarded, I'm sure.
I read your out of work, you should put a Donation link so those who benefited by one of your ideas or creations can reciprocate.

I second that, I'm in.

Offline tommygun

• Cloud Maker
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »
I made my Digital Pot w/ the 0450c reg and I tollay love it. Using an 18650, 3000mah battery and this thing rocks man. I have saved a bundle not having to buy those expensive mods. This thing does the same thing.
Thank you so much for posting this and all the details on how to. Your an absolute saint breaktru. I have seen all your postings on many ecig forums and people love what you have offered us.

Offline Aromaz

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »
And the pistols are great too.  :D

Online octoman

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 05:20:17 PM »
Can someone tell me where I can buy that diode?
Thank you, O.M.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 07:50:55 AM »
I think I should mention this when working with a Digital Pot:
You absolutely need a STABLE voltage before trying to adjust up/down voltages with a D.P. especially when holding for EEPROM memory writes.
If your  Vout is bouncing even slightly, you will have trouble locking in "Last Wiper Position".

Bouncing? What you talkin bout breaktru?............

If you are using a Mosfet as a switch and are near the fringe of turning on the Mosfet FULLY, your voltage Drain Pin output maybe decrementing slightly.
Another reason is using Buck/Booster's without Capacitors. This MAY also cause a NON-Stable output voltage.

Offline Lance_Wallen

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 03:13:24 AM »
this + analog pot = win for me. The voltage range confuses me a little bit, the caps trick the regulator?

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 09:23:14 AM »
Anolog is good. Just wanted one mod different w/ the D.P.
Not the caps but the voltage divider resistor between Pin 3 and 4.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:26:36 AM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline Lance_Wallen

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
the chart shows pretty limited Vout bands, nothing like 3.2->6, I guess that was the real curiosity. How you got the wider voltage band in this one.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 10:50:15 AM »
the chart shows pretty limited Vout bands, nothing like 3.2->6, I guess that was the real curiosity. How you got the wider voltage band in this one.

Yes Lance, that's a good question. I just checked it again and measured (no load) 3.54v to 6.26v. If you look at the video, you will see that it bottomed out at 3.12v
That's why I breadboard and test w/ different components before slapping it together.
I used the same values shown above. Perhaps the Digital Pot has an effect.

Offline Lance_Wallen

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 12:32:50 PM »
hrm, fun. Time to go to frys heh.

Offline vaping_joe

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 04:46:43 PM »
Hey man great mod. I am just trying to figure out how you realized it, but the information here is quite confusing.

Copper V.V. Mod. Using One 18650, 3.7v. battery Incorporated the PTN04050C regulator and a DS-18689-100 Digital potentiometer.
I cannot find a DS-18689-100 D.P.. Could it be that you used the DS1869-100 ? Or where can i find information about the DS-18689 one ?

Voltage in = 3.7v to 4.12v, Voltage out = 3.54v to >6V
How did you realize that Vout range, since i cannot find that information in the 04050c :( ?

Also people are talking about a Chart, that i acnnot found.

I'd really appreciate any help.  :begging:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »
Log on to see schematic of Digital Potentiometer:
Circuit sa ibaba makikita lamang sa mga naka-log sa mga miyembro
Circuito de abajo sólo son visibles para los miembros conectado
Schaltung unten nur sichtbar für eingeloggte Mitglieder auf
Circuitul de mai jos vizibile numai de catre autentificat pe membrii
Circuit ci-dessous uniquement visible pour les membres connectés
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:57:19 AM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline Alamor

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 12:43:02 AM »
Nice!!  I need something lime that

Offline aquiles

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
Hi all ....,

This is my first post, and I want to thank BREAKTRU, for opening the doors of this place of meeting, and for all their schemes and advices he offer.

I also want to say that my English is very bad, please keep it in mind.   :help:

Well, now, speaking of mods, some time ago I gathered all the necessary elements to build VV mods. I started with the basic scheme PTN04050C   DS1869 (2 buttons)   Led Display, all mounted on a protoboard and fully functional.

Now, I want to place everything in a plastic box like those used BREAKTRU (the largest). But my intention is to mount all components on a PCB, which I'm designing on Eagle software (after more than 20 hours to follow the tutorial to learn how to use it, quite stressful, but now I am able), but it will take some time to finish for sure.

In preliminary tests came to me several questions, if anyone can help me understand certain points I will be very grateful:

1) My idea is to incorporate a master switch, attached close the mass of the battery, and what I have on hand, is a classic on/off slider switch, as the classic on / off switch that bring the standard battery boxes from madvapes, ebay, etc. But I understand that this switches does not support a lot of amperage, but then again, I also see many other modders assemble their mods in these boxes that bring this switch already installed, and have no problems, then ... What should I do? Should I put a switch suitable for 2 or 3 amps ? or should I put a mosfet ? or simply use these common cheap slider switches ?

2) In addition, I also like to add a button to turn on / off the display and the 2 potentiometer buttons.
I thought about putting a little button between GND, and GND pins of the display and the 2 tactile buttons.
But .... Is it correct ?.  Should I put a n-mosfet ?

Thank you very much !!!

Greetings ....

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 09:10:16 PM »
Hi all ....,

This is my first post, and I want to thank BREAKTRU, for opening the doors of this place of meeting, and for all their schemes and advices he offer.

I also want to say that my English is very bad, please keep it in mind.   :help:

Well, now, speaking of mods, some time ago I gathered all the necessary elements to build VV mods. I started with the basic scheme PTN04050C   DS1869 (2 buttons)   Led Display, all mounted on a protoboard and fully functional.

Now, I want to place everything in a plastic box like those used BREAKTRU (the largest). But my intention is to mount all components on a PCB, which I'm designing on Eagle software (after more than 20 hours to follow the tutorial to learn how to use it, quite stressful, but now I am able), but it will take some time to finish for sure.

In preliminary tests came to me several questions, if anyone can help me understand certain points I will be very grateful:

1) My idea is to incorporate a master switch, attached close the mass of the battery, and what I have on hand, is a classic on/off slider switch, as the classic on / off switch that bring the standard battery boxes from madvapes, ebay, etc. But I understand that this switches does not support a lot of amperage, but then again, I also see many other modders assemble their mods in these boxes that bring this switch already installed, and have no problems, then ... What should I do? Should I put a switch suitable for 2 or 3 amps ? or should I put a mosfet ? or simply use these common cheap slider switches ?

2) In addition, I also like to add a button to turn on / off the display and the 2 potentiometer buttons.
I thought about putting a little button between GND, and GND pins of the display and the 2 tactile buttons.
But .... Is it correct ?.  Should I put a n-mosfet ?

Thank you very much !!!

Greetings ....

Welcome aquiles,
It's my pleasure to help out where I can. Your English is excellent.

(1)
The slider switches that come with the battery boxes are usually somewhere around 0.4amps. In my first several mods I replaced them w/ 3amp slides. I recently stop replacing them. Normally the switch is either on or off. Burning up the contacts would happen if you switch it on or off while you were holding the fire button causing arching which I doubt will ever occur. I haven't burned out any yet and I use mine daily at about 2.4 amps.
The 0.4 amp slide has a CONTACT RESISTANCE of about 50m ohm typ. and a 6 amp has a CONTACT RESISTANCE of about 10m ohm. I don't think this would hurt performance.

(2)
Not sure exactly what you mean about 2 pot buttons.
For a Digital Meter, I would use a low current slide.
There's two ways to go:
 a) Two position switch: Positive from battery to center post of switch and top post of switch to pos of DM leaving bottom post empty. (Meter ON/OFF)
 b) Three position switch: Pos of battery to bottom post of slide, center post to DM positive and Output from regulator to top post. (center is off, bottom slide position is battery voltage and top position is Load voltage.

Offline bamsbbq

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »
wow this stuff is WAYYYYYY over my head..lol

but it sure is nice to see these cool mods - great job Breaktru

you're the kind of guy i pay to do mods for me or fix something i cant...lol

Offline aquiles

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 01:39:27 AM »
Welcome aquiles,
It's my pleasure to help out where I can. Your English is excellent.

(1)
The slider switches that come with the battery boxes are usually somewhere around 0.4amps. In my first several mods I replaced them w/ 3amp slides. I recently stop replacing them. Normally the switch is either on or off. Burning up the contacts would happen if you switch it on or off while you were holding the fire button causing arching which I doubt will ever occur. I haven't burned out any yet and I use mine daily at about 2.4 amps.
The 0.4 amp slide has a CONTACT RESISTANCE of about 50m ohm typ. and a 6 amp has a CONTACT RESISTANCE of about 10m ohm. I don't think this would hurt performance.

(2)
Not sure exactly what you mean about 2 pot buttons.
For a Digital Meter, I would use a low current slide.
There's two ways to go:
 a) Two position switch: Positive from battery to center post of switch and top post of switch to pos of DM leaving bottom post empty. (Meter ON/OFF)
 b) Three position switch: Pos of battery to bottom post of slide, center post to DM positive and Output from regulator to top post. (center is off, bottom slide position is battery voltage and top position is Load voltage.

Hey Breaktru, thankyou very much....

Point 1, totally clear now....

Point 2, I understand what you mean, and please, tell me if the following schematic that I have modified is OK (its for the 3 position slide swith option) :

And what I said about 2 pot buttons, I mean to put a slide switch to turn off the meter and also de two DS-1869 tactile buttons, but maintaining all the circuit ON, only turning off the buttons and meter, something like this:
Tested only on the proto, but it works, is another option. What do you think ?

Circuit below is only visible to members logged on.
Circuit sa ibaba makikita lamang sa mga naka-log sa mga miyembro
Circuito de abajo sólo son visibles para los miembros conectado
Schaltung unten nur sichtbar für eingeloggte Mitglieder auf
Circuitul de mai jos vizibile numai de catre autentificat pe membrii
Circuit ci-dessous uniquement visible pour les membres connectés
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:04:28 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 09:43:50 AM »
I removed the circuits that you posted and attached them. I only allow viewing of my circuits to members. Attachments can only be viewed by members.

The first circuit is good except for the fire button. The way you had it would keep the 04050c powered up w/ the on/off switch on. By moving the switch to the 04050c input would save on battery life a bit.

The second circuit would work. Just don't know why you broke the Up/Down switches too.

Note:
Make sure your low voltage range does not go lower that 3.5v or you will lock the Digital Pot up when using the Digital Meter.
The D.P. Operates from 3V or 5V supplies but w/ the meter ON, will cause the DP to be stuck at low end and will not increment.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:00:39 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline aquiles

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 06:36:58 PM »
I removed the circuits that you posted and attached them. I only allow viewing of my circuits to members. Attachments can only be viewed by members.
Ups... Sorry.. did not know. And users can also attach files?

The first circuit is good except for the fire button. The way you had it would keep the 04050c powered up w/ the on/off switch on. By moving the switch to the 04050c input would save on battery life a bit.
Yes, but that way I can not up and down the potentiometer or test the "V out" without pushing the fire button. Or am I wrong?

The second circuit would work. Just don't know why you broke the Up/Down switches too.
It is to avoid pressing the tactile buttons unintentionally. Anyway, the other design, the suggested by you, I like more. I think I will go for that, only remains, where to situate the fire button.

Note:
Make sure your low voltage range does not go lower that 3.5v or you will lock the Digital Pot up when using the Digital Meter.
The D.P. Operates from 3V or 5V supplies but w/ the meter ON, will cause the DP to be stuck at low end and will not increment.
Thankyou for the explaination, it happened exactly that, and did not know why. Till now.  :begging:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 06:56:14 PM »
In my vaping world, I have NO reason to go below 3.7v. I believe below that is useless. I make my range approximately 3.7v to 6.2v. And even above 5 volts, I find it also useless for my vaping habits. You can prevent the DP lockup by limiting your bottom range to 3.7v by picking the right resistor combo.
The reason I use that voltage range is to not hear the wise guys say.......... Ohhh!!!, it only goes to 5 volts? Well, mine goes to 6 volts.  :laughing2:
Anyway, I set it to 4.2v and rarely change it.

P.S.
I have changed my voltage range from the original setup of 3.54v - 6v to 3.7v - 6.2v.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:59:40 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Offline tek

• Free lancing modder
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 11:52:26 PM »
Would you belive i prefer about 6.4-6.5 volts? 3 ohms, but since i used lifepo4s the first hits off them i keep chasing lol..

Offline Pantera

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
Since this first original post, what I have noticed is that I've been seeing several mods popping up using this Digital Pot. Some with single control and some with dual. Thanks break for sharing. Hope those builders also appreciate it.  :beer-toast:

Online Dasen22

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »
Yes I did see some D.P.'s pop up since the breaktru mod posting even on the foreign forums.

Offline tangocharlie

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 06:57:15 AM »
dear sir, i cant see any schematic diagram, can u send me please

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »
dear sir, i cant see any schematic diagram, can u send me please

Tangocharlie, they are visible to ALL signed on members. See post reply #23 and #29

Offline tangocharlie

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 10:22:04 AM »
OK Sir, i got it now.
Thank you

Offline alphahot1

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »
Hello Breaktru, terrific mod I'd say!!
But, where I can find that kind of copper tube? What I should be asking for? Thanks!

Offline jonas44

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2012, 07:15:09 PM »
In one of the posts, breaktru mentions that he used couplers...

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »
I used ¾" copper tubing between ¾" couplers and ¾" end caps. Only the couplers and caps are visible. The tubing is inside.

http://goo.gl/TB885 End caps
http://goo.gl/Q6azd Copper Tube
http://goo.gl/XmuaU 3/4" couplers
Or:
http://goo.gl/X1NXy 12" 3/4 in. x 3/4 in. Copper Sweat Repair Coupling

Offline alphahot1

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 07:38:32 PM »
That's perfectly clear now! Let's see how they call those things here in Italy :D Thank you.

Offline Blakd

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 09:31:35 PM »
How long is this thing?  I am looking at doing 3 vv mods in aluminum and the tubing is between 4 and 5 inches long and around can be drilled out to around .9 inches.  I do have 4 PTn4050c on the way.  Was looking at putting in a meter possibly and maybe a touch for fire and one for up and one for down.  Unless my tube is to small, if that's the case I can leave out the digital meter and go with an analog pot with single touch or push button switch.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 09:59:21 PM »
How long is this thing?  I am looking at doing 3 vv mods in aluminum and the tubing is between 4 and 5 inches long and around can be drilled out to around .9 inches.  I do have 4 PTn4050c on the way.  Was looking at putting in a meter possibly and maybe a touch for fire and one for up and one for down.  Unless my tube is to small, if that's the case I can leave out the digital meter and go with an analog pot with single touch or push button switch.

This mod was done in several sections as show in the photos. The overall length is 5¾ inches. It's possible to cut it down maybe a ¼ of an inch.
The meter would definitely add to the length.
Layout your parts outside the mod to get an idea on the length.

Offline Blakd

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 10:16:53 PM »
Thank you for the quick response,  Once I get everything here I will see if I can at least check to see if it will fit in the tube with the battery compartment and shelf.  I am going to drill  3/4" for the battery just hair bigger than 65mm and then drill from the other side and leave a little shelf in between.  Then I am going to try and stuff everything in the top  and cap it off.  If I cold find a way to make a spinning ring on the top around the battery connector and make it so it controls the voltage and does not move the battery connector it would be sweet but that is more work than I want to do.  As is I might need someone local to do the soldering.  I have had an issue with shaking since I was little so things like soldering have always been hard.

Offline alphahot1

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2012, 06:49:01 AM »
a spinning ring on the top around the battery connector
It would be great!
By the way, since the recent fatcs with that battery exploding etc. is there anything we could do to add some protection to this circuit?

Offline Blakd

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2012, 08:03:13 PM »
Looks like this is going on hold for a while. I have 4 PTN04050C chips on the way, and the tube cut for the mods. I do not have them drilled yet and don't think it is happening. Realized when I went out to pick up a test board transistors, resistors, wire, and pots that I was getting in way over my head. Came home from Fry's with nothing. I ordered a provari instead, and my wife told me she was waiting for me to figure out that trying to build my own was going to be above what I can do. Then she lays it on my that she is pregnant. My jaw dropped and I realized that the provari was the best choice for me at the moment.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »
Looks like this is going on hold for a while. I have 4 PTN04050C chips on the way, and the tube cut for the mods. I do not have them drilled yet and don't think it is happening. Realized when I went out to pick up a test board transistors, resistors, wire, and pots that I was getting in way over my head. Came home from Fry's with nothing. I ordered a provari instead, and my wife told me she was waiting for me to figure out that trying to build my own was going to be above what I can do. Then she lays it on my that she is pregnant. My jaw dropped and I realized that the provari was the best choice for me at the moment.

Congratulations Poppa.
Don't feel pressured in making the mod. All in good time. The Provari is a good choice.

Offline alphahot1

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 09:40:31 AM »
Congratulations, I can't imagine how it would feel to be in that moment!!

If I may go back in topic... what happens if the atomizer is shorted? Or if a low resistance atomizer is connetcted and the max current rating is exceeded?

Offline Dznutz

• Always learning
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »
I was thinking of giving one of these a shot, my question is you made it a 1 button adjust for up and down right?can this be done with an up button and a down button? I was thinking of making a 4 button mod one being fire 2 being adjustments and the last one for VO display. Thanks in advance

One more thing is there a relay/delay like chip that I could use to power an led for say like 15 sec then fade or  power out kinda like cell phone lights. I would like for it to come on when I press a button but fade out or shut off after 15 sec or so.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:20:41 AM by Dznutz »

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Vari Volt Booster Regulator w/ Digital Pot - Copper Mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx