gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 01:22:29 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: My EVOD rebuild w/ SS mesh
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My EVOD rebuild w/ SS mesh  (Read 7589 times)

Offline Visus

• PV Master
My EVOD rebuild w/ SS mesh
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:40:20 AM »
Picture story:

Tools:
             Coil Welder
             Tweezers
             Wrapping rod 1/16 or smaller
             Pliers
             Nail clipper or scizzors
             27ga Nichrome
             30ga Nichrome

Disassemble EVOD use pliers with a cloth towel to protect and pull the pressure fitted small chimney

Prepare you 27ga Nichrome and your 30 gauge Nichrome  I like ohms @ 1.5-8 for an EVOD so I cut to length of 1.6ohms about an inch and a half.  EDIT: Its 1ohm lol holy cow its smooth, things change with the NR wires, this coil usually ohms out at 1.5-8 on 30ga.. freaked_out:

Weld your NR & R wires

Wrap your coil around a rod 1/16 or less

Push your coil on the rod thru the coil head holder and replace the rubber grommet keeping the wires opposite of each other and holding onto the rod
replace the positive pin carefully it will push up your coil use a little vg so it slides in easy.  Clip off excess wire

Reassembly to base, dry burn, and tweeze coil after dry burn while the coil is glowing red so the coil is tight.
When it glows from the middle its ready for wick

Prepare and cut the oxidized ss mesh so its loose inside the coil use small strands of silica to pressure fit the ss mesh wick in the coil
Dry burn the now fitted ss mesh and twist it with tweezers until there are no shorts and it glows from inside out, middle to the ends.

Reassemble and vape the greatest evod ever, it's an amazing inexpensive powerful vape..  For an added bonus enlarge the 3 base airholes to 1/16

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:49:52 AM by Visus »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: My EVOD rebuild w/ SS mesh
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »
Good job  :thumbsup:

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:43:24 PM »
Thanks Break

Couldn't have done ss mesh without the coil welder,  I tasted grommet whenever tried previous,  cotton was subpar as was silica;  man this thing is amazing.

I rebuilt an iclear 16 @ .5 and let me tell ya ---whoa -- arooo coil welder.  I'll toss up another picture thingy for tha  iclear16 and a cart  build when I get around to rebuilding them they sit @ perfect now lol no wanna mess with em..

Offline TheDofDoom

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:39:55 AM »
Damn, now I've got to build a wire welder to try this out. Definitely don't want to be Inhaling burnt grommet.  I don't think my mig welder would be suitable for this task.  Do you guys that use nichrome wire prefer it over kanthal a1 for taste?   I've got a few hundred feet of assorted round and flat ribbon kanthal in assorted gauges, never tried Nichrome before.  Just curious as I've seen a lot of folks here using nichrome.  For sure got to try out this ss mesh thing.  Getting tired of scorched cotton and a off taste for a while with a fresh wick.  Thanks for the guide OP.

Offline kerrybishop

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 12:25:44 AM »
You need complete RDA Tool kit.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Atty/Carto/Tank/Rebuildable  |  Topic: My EVOD rebuild w/ SS mesh

gfxgfx
gfx gfx