gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 04:58:30 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Battery  |  Topic: C rating on lipo cells
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: C rating on lipo cells  (Read 5676 times)

Offline methos

C rating on lipo cells
« on: February 11, 2014, 10:10:53 PM »
I wanted to see how I can find the C rating on lipo cells from the smok groove. I have about 6 here and I wanted to build a DNA 30 mod with mah out the wazoo. LoL  I've seen one done before but I don't want to push a battery to far.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: C rating on lipo cells
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 12:44:22 PM »
If I had to guess, I'd say those are 2C cells and they may or may not have a low enough DC resistance to power a DNA30 to the maximal 12 Amps it can demand.  The cells are at least 2C and with 3800mAh, that gives them a continuous drain limit of 7.6 Amps.  Burst limits are safe for 3C with a 2C cell so that gives you a burst limit of 11.4 Amps.

You can get an idea by measuring the cell's voltage drop under load.  You want to check using a fairly heavy load.  You can use something like a 25 Watt 1/2 Ohm wirewound resistor or a 1/2 Ohm atomizer. 

You need two meters.  First a 10A ammeter inline to measure current and a voltmeter on the battery terminals.  Measure voltage with no load then measure voltage with a fairly heavy load.  Divide the change in voltage by the current and you'll get the DC resistance of the cell. 

You probably need to see a DCR no higher than 25 mOhms when the cell has a good charge on it.  I have some small LiPos good for 14 Amps continuous and that's what the DCR is on those.

Offline methos

Re: C rating on lipo cells
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »
Thanks Craig. I may have to bring he some stuff from work this weekend to test them.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Battery  |  Topic: C rating on lipo cells

gfxgfx
gfx gfx