gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 19, 2024, 10:50:19 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Do's and Dont's
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do's and Dont's  (Read 4734 times)

Offline Romelee

Do's and Dont's
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:41:47 PM »
Hi all,

I am making some mods for some people and the only thing that plays on my mind is the do's and dont's when using a mod with the DNA30 board.

Does anyone know of a very simple rule guide that i can pass onto the people i am making the mods for, i myself know how to make them but when it comes the risks of how to use them i don't know as i don't use the mods myself as i just vape on a mech mod, i just make them for the fun of it.

Examples:

Recommended battery amps
Recommended battery
Ohms that the board can handle
What to avoid
What not to do

etc etc

My problem being is i don't want to get the blame for it when i have supplied them the mod and they break it due to not using it correctly.

Any help on this would be much appreciated scared:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Do's and Dont's
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 02:06:35 PM »
Well if you look at the DNA 30 datsheet, some of your questions can be answered.

Input Amperage (battery) requires a battery that can handle 12 Amps max.
Why not not recommend one of the two 18650 batteries that has been mentioned on this forum by mamu as well as a few other members:
The Sony 18650 30A 1600mAh and the LG 18640 30A 2500mah.

The atty resistance is 0.5 ohm to 3.0 ohms

Avoid standing in an open field or under a tree during a lightning storm, walking on thin ice, texting and driving, etc.....

Putting batteries in backwards, getting liquid into the unit, leaving batteries on charge without supervision............
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:10:50 PM by Breaktru »

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 02:54:47 PM »
Well the idea is to make the mod pretty much idiot proof.  Even for my own stuff, I try to make things as idiot proof as possible.  Even though I know the design as well as it can be known, I will invariably do something retarded at some point.  Never fails. 

By incorporating fuses, you're covering any eventualities, like putting the battery in backwards.  The DNA30 itself has the usual safety systems built in to protect the battery and electronics.  So, you should be fully covered just by adding fuses.

Other than that, don't use the mod while taking a pee after a few drinks or use it in the bath (which I do sometimes and I'm asking for it).

Offline Romelee

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »
With the information you have given I think i will just stick this info in with the mod:

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Do's and Dont's

gfxgfx
gfx gfx