gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 16, 2024, 03:19:28 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: New SX350 Chip from China
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New SX350 Chip from China  (Read 88289 times)

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: New SX350 Chip from China
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »
I looked at those adds.  Those old time adds crack me up, they were so dorky back then.  They'd make up anything to sell a product.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
They have every sin, every freud, drug category covered, yeah they had to hit fast and hard for the page flip lol. 

Being digital really brings it all out.

Banned from tv, lol no wonder

We had a project in H.S. psychology to find Freudian ads and what we all found was blowing our teacher away.  It was her first and last time probably asking such an assignment..  :laughing2:

My find was ice cubes that were not ice cubes. lol  I had a whole stack,  so did many others my Dad got playboy but thats not where the golden finds were,  ladies catalogs had the serious gay and pedo..

Like old gold in this post, doggystyle with the finish, cause everyone who smokes after the finish,  yeah gonna light up lol..   Psychology was an awesome class..

Offline miskol

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2014, 02:10:30 AM »
Batteries too, that power has to come from somewhere.  You would need at least three 30A batteries in series to support that much power output and then you're still taking them to the limit. 

Didn't take long for them to copy Evolv's temperature control idea, I figured someone would but that was fast.

how do you estimate or calculate it would require at least 3 batteries? it should be true though since the SX350 100Watt upgrade already requires 2 series batteries and the Raptor 60A 300W requires 3 series batteries.

is Evolv's idea basically based on thermocouple concept? without using thermoK wires but instead with NI200 coil where the resistance coil changes with temperature which they monitor that relationship for accurate temperature calculation.
did a little reading, if i'm not mistaken, the principle should be based on the Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD). basically from what i understands is NI200 is one of the metals that has a known "temperature coefficient". their resistance increases with temperature. DNA40 constantly monitors the change of resistance to estimate the coil temperature. seems like it will be a challenge to properly set a DNA40 but it should be worth it once we get the hang of it

i'm thinking to play around with the temperature monitoring using a MAX6675, but since that part gives digital output would love to find other IC that gives linear voltage output.
MAX31865 should be more suitable with the new information i just found out lol, would be better if there's any IC that is specifically for Nickel material.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:28:08 AM by miskol »

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2014, 05:20:36 PM »
how do you estimate or calculate it would require at least 3 batteries? it should be true though since the SX350 100Watt upgrade already requires 2 series batteries and the Raptor 60A 300W requires 3 series batteries.

You have to look at maximal output at minimal battery voltage for a worst case.  You always have to do that in electronics, look at things at the limits to make sure you have good tolerances.  For a 250W output you're going to need as much as 270W input to cover regulator losses.  With a minimal cell voltage at 3V and three running in series, that's 270W divided by 9V for 30A from the battery.

If you don't actually need 250W output which is pretty ridiculous anyway, you could run a couple series cells for a limit of 180W, but there's a safety issue with that.  If the regulator can put out 250W without flagging an overload, then you could potentially overload the cells.  For example, if the output were to run up to the limit due to an atomizer fault.

You really do have to be careful with Li-Ion batteries about overloading them.  People have been injured when batteries fail and it has happened a number of times.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2014, 09:29:42 PM »
So with it being only a 20amp @ 2**watts the batts  still have cover the wattage ?

I remember a post you  made before on this but was thinking since 12v @ low ohm needing 20 that would cover. 

A 180 watt mod just hit fastech its a3batts    mod.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2014, 04:37:53 PM »
Any Li-Ion battery has to be able to cover the limits of the regulator.  Conversely, any regulator has to shut down when demand exceeds the capability of the battery.  You need a battery capable of handling the maximal demand the regulator will allow and you need a regulator that does not allow a demand greater than the battery can support.

For batteries, limits are always in terms of amperage.  For regulators, limits are in terms of power.  So, you have to arrive at a maximal allowed power input for the regulator and work back to battery demand in terms of amperage.

For example, worst case supply with two series cells is 6V, assuming there is some mechanism to disallow operation when cell voltage drops below that.  If there's a 20A limit on the battery, an input demand greater than 120W could overload the battery.  Since regulators typically limit output not input, you have to also allow for losses in the regulator.

These extreme output mods are highly dependent on people using the correct cells in them.  Using a battery without the necessary drain limit can be hazardous.  Most people are aware of the need to use the correct battery, but there's always someone who will do something stupid no matter how bold the print.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »
Oh, one comment with respect to that 250W board.  As the board would have to monitor battery voltage anyway, it would only be a matter of a few lines of code to ensure input demand does not exceed battery drain limits.  It's likely the board limits output power as required depending on the cell configuration (2 or 3 series cells).  I would be surprised if that's not the case, though it may not be.  Just depends on how thorough the engineers are in terms of safety and how flexible the board is in terms of cell configuration.

Offline Bruno_B

• Skydiver
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2014, 11:33:24 PM »
Greetings. First time poster here. Please go easy on me.

I'm surprised that I'm the first to post this, but Paul Busardo did gave the SX350 board EXCELLENT marks on his review. Check out the scope portion (starts at 34:31) of his review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARcoviGKT5A#t=2071

I'm looking to build my first mod. If I use a commercial board, this will be it.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: New SX350 Chip from China

gfxgfx
gfx gfx