gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 18, 2024, 10:37:29 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: How are you mounting LED screens?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How are you mounting LED screens?  (Read 7436 times)

Offline blkbd

How are you mounting LED screens?
« on: May 31, 2014, 01:04:15 AM »
Good day gentleman and women of the forum,
I used the search feature and got nowhere fast but my question is how are mounting the LED display in your box mods? I have thought of carefully cutting screen dimension and hot glue/silicone/epoxy the unit in flush to drilling two holes just far apart and removing the excess material between the holes and securing it recessed style, I could mount it to a PCB board but having to remove it would require flexing the board to install and remove.(not good)  I was wondering if anyone has a better solution like a snap in frame found on some automotive switches and keep a clean look.

Here are the units I purchased.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Wire-0-28inch-LCD-Mini-Digital-DC-Voltmeter-Gauge-Voltage-Detector-LS4G-/121214300535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c38ef7177

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: How are you mounting LED screens?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 07:48:25 AM »
I have epoxied and also used bapgoods "Screen Cradle" SHOWN HERE
Check your meter dimension and compare it to the screen cradle dimensions:

Offline El Zipster

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 06:03:29 AM »
I have epoxied and also used bapgoods "Screen Cradle" SHOWN HERE
Check your meter dimension and compare it to the screen cradle dimensions:

As a matter of interest, when you epoxy yours in do you just leave the plastic membrane that comes with the voltmeter as a screen protector or do you fit a plexi-glass screen first?
Cheers
Zip

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 07:01:53 AM »
As a matter of interest, when you epoxy yours in do you just leave the plastic membrane that comes with the voltmeter as a screen protector or do you fit a plexi-glass screen first?
Cheers
Zip

I remove the protective membrane. Personally I do NOT use a plexi glass or plastic in front of my display. It's your choice to do so.

Offline Suzukiv6

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 05:16:42 AM »
Hi, I glue the board in a recess,  and make a small frame and glue it on the front. See pic.
Edit -- here are a couple more pics. One of the frame being filed to shape, and the other one of the finished frame being tried in the box.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:53:47 PM by Suzukiv6 »

Offline SDaddy

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 02:17:42 PM »
Shapeway  http://www.shapeways.com/model/1736356/volt-meter-housing-0-28-quot-digit.html?li=shop-results&materialId=6

Ebay  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bezel-for-28-voltmeter-/281539625703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418d11c2e7

Good day gentleman and women of the forum,
I used the search feature and got nowhere fast but my question is how are mounting the LED display in your box mods? I have thought of carefully cutting screen dimension and hot glue/silicone/epoxy the unit in flush to drilling two holes just far apart and removing the excess material between the holes and securing it recessed style, I could mount it to a PCB board but having to remove it would require flexing the board to install and remove.(not good)  I was wondering if anyone has a better solution like a snap in frame found on some automotive switches and keep a clean look.

Here are the units I purchased.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Wire-0-28inch-LCD-Mini-Digital-DC-Voltmeter-Gauge-Voltage-Detector-LS4G-/121214300535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c38ef7177

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: How are you mounting LED screens?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx