gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 08:33:26 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: So I built 3 26650 20A Mods as my first builds ever, also last builds ever...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: So I built 3 26650 20A Mods as my first builds ever, also last builds ever...  (Read 6143 times)

Offline werkkrew

Hey all,

I decided to try my hand at building a couple mods.  I went with the OKL2-T20 and Naos Raptor 20A for them and designed them around being able to fit 26650 batteries inside.  I was originally planning to just make myself one but I figured I might as well build a couple for some close friends since I was going to be placing orders and having all the tools out.  Wound up surprising them with em.  Two are OKL2-T20's because the 20A Raptor was out of stock, mine is a 20A Raptor.  I think I'm going to upgrade the other two to 20A Raptors also because I am much happier with how that build came out.

They came out pretty awesome but all in all they took me SO much time (probably 12+ hours per mod all told) that I don't see myself building any more of them and I have a whole new appreciation for anyone who can sell one of these at the $200 price point.

Anyhow, here are the details:

• Hammond 1550B Cases, custom painted
  • Graphics are decals like you'd use on models, I got some special paper you can print onto, came out pretty nice.
  • Reverse polarity protection with LED
  • Low voltage cutoff @ 6.2v
  • Low battery LED indicator @ 6.6v
  • 20A self resetting fuse bank
  • Voltmeter with switch for displaying battery voltage or output voltage
  • Backlit fire button
  • Non-rated fire switch
  • Ceramic POT with really nice knob
  • Magnets to hold down lids
  • FDV Spring-loaded 510
  • Voltmeter color matches fire button LED color:  Blue mod has blueLEDs, green has green, and the grey mod has red.
  • Schematics in the album were drawn by me but all of the actual work was done by Mamu and some others on these forums, I simply integrated a few of her different diagrams into one I could use for all the features I wanted.

Anyhow, TL;DR: Pictures!

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
Nice

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Cool cat, awesome modding, wheres whats dinner picture

How's your run times? Why last?

Niiice

Offline werkkrew

Last because I really underestimated the amount of time/effort that goes into one of these and now that I have one of my own I don't need to make any more.  I have literally dozens of people trying to throw money at me but I have no desire to try to sell them, there is no profit margin when you are as slow as I am and I don't want to have to play tech support/customer service on these things.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
You must have not been a heavy smoker gotta build, gotta forum, gotta make the juices, etc. etc. , takes the edge off.  :laughing2:

If theres one module to try it's Breaks boost Ti4050c I recommend it heavily and as back up in tiny config, its boss..  Ya can vape an awesome provari and the 4050c  side by side and there's no difference except over 15watts with proper batts  it will do quite a bit more..  Tiny power mod  :thumbsup:

Offline Mandro

Last because I really underestimated the amount of time/effort that goes into one of these and now that I have one of my own I don't need to make any more.  I have literally dozens of people trying to throw money at me but I have no desire to try to sell them, there is no profit margin when you are as slow as I am and I don't want to have to play tech support/customer service on these things.

Nice work  :thumbsup:

I agree with you about the amount of time/effort involved but for me, that's a plus, I don't have time to get bored anymore lol
Also I wouldn't make one to sell. I don't know enough about the electronics to confidently sell one even though all of mine are still going strong plus I think making to sell would take away some of the enjoyment and I could never make a profit anyway.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: So I built 3 26650 20A Mods as my first builds ever, also last builds ever...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx