gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 08:41:50 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: What is happening to our Forum
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What is happening to our Forum  (Read 10926 times)

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
What is happening to our Forum
« on: October 05, 2014, 11:41:39 PM »
Doh:  Dave:   While I was recovering from some health woes, it seems people were silently slipping away from our forum.  So, I am going to offer an open letter to all that may pass by or reside within the best forum currently available on the internet.  Being out of commission has given me the opportunity to investigate a number of the other operating forums.  There are a few, very few, other forums that do approach the statue of the Breaktru forum.  It goes without saying that there are extraordinarily talented people on most any forum.  Breaktru, however, seems to have a corner on, at least, the technical market.   We also offer anyone wishing to join us, an unbiased home.  I was literally attacked because I used something beside thee concentrates haling from Italy and, God forbid, use percentages greater than 3.  There also was no common sense used with respect to language.  Or should I say there was no respect for others with regard to language used.  Anyone looking for a home forum that will except you and your choices of suppliers and mixing practices, unconditionally, Breaktru offers you a place to relax, learn, share, and experiment.  You may find other forums that appear to stand along side of us, however, a lot of those are located in the UK or other locations in Europe.  Their culture differs from ours and some of their leaders will jump to conclusion and ban you and even threaten you.  And all stemming from the difference in colloquialisms.  Others have been known to ignore newbies and Yanks. 

Does that sound like somewhere you could be comfortable?  I don't think so.  None of those bias are at work here.  You are Welcome.

Now a word for the rest of our membership.  Gang, we need to be more active within our forum.  That is the only thing I can say good about some of the other forums.  They had their popular posters, as do we, but, for some reason, their postings enlisted postings from other forum members.  This is what insured their forum will continue.  We have a great MASTER in Dave, but we have to show we want Dave and the forum to continue.  As they say:  Use it or lose it.  Limited to NO postings for days on end, does not show how much we want our Forum to stick around. 

If I have offended anyone, good.  Some need to know they are important and may need a little nudge to help them understand.  So, if you haven't posted in a while, tell us about that new recipe you just mixed.  You will be surprised how many will try it and post you back.  Maybe it will branch out into another Tiger's Blood.  You never know. 

Well that's it.  Let's have some fun.

Eric

PS:  I am going from here to the Recipe section and post a recipe I developed at the request of my college student grand daughter. 

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: What is happening to our Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:13:19 AM »
Well said Eric. I want to thank you for this wonderful post and for all your great participation here. I'm glad you are feeling better and I'm looking forward to your future posts.

Offline midnightron

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 04:57:25 PM »
Hi Eric and guys. I haven't heard from anyone for a long time, posted a question and all of a sudden messages started posting in a few areas. Unfortunately no one answered my question but that's cool. Sorry I have been absent for a while but I haven't been well at all. Seem to be feeling a little better now. Had a scare a few weeks ago, I was on my way to church and apparently blacked out, crossed my two lanes, two lanes of on coming  traffic and woke up when my car was out of control on a school lawn and finally came to a stop on an asphalt driveway. God was surely steering my car, I missed a tree and sideswiped a sign. Thank God nobody was hurt. Reminds me of that song for those of you who like country music, Jesus Take The Wheel. Glad to be here guys.
God bless.
Ron

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »
Hi Ron. Glad you're feeling a little better. Wow that's a scary one. It's good to hear that no one was hurt.
Welcome back to the forum.

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 12:32:16 AM »
Hi Eric and guys. I haven't heard from anyone for a long time, posted a question and all of a sudden messages started posting in a few areas. Unfortunately no one answered my question but that's cool. Sorry I have been absent for a while but I haven't been well at all. Seem to be feeling a little better now. Had a scare a few weeks ago, I was on my way to church and apparently blacked out, crossed my two lanes, two lanes of on coming  traffic and woke up when my car was out of control on a school lawn and finally came to a stop on an asphalt driveway. God was surely steering my car, I missed a tree and sideswiped a sign. Thank God nobody was hurt. Reminds me of that song for those of you who like country music, Jesus Take The Wheel. Glad to be here guys.
God bless.
Ron

Hey Ron:

WOW,  sure glad you were not injuried or worse.   I too have been under the weather (5 hospitalization since Feb.)  I was not around, you know I would have taken a shot at answering your question.  Sooooooo, ask it again.  Bet you get more answers than you know what to do with. 

Eric

Offline wa9w00d

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 10:58:34 AM »
Hi Eric, you make a very valid point.  My excuses so far are that I’ve just found/joined, I’ve had my head buried in the technical information goldmine that is here, and I am by nature more of a reader than a writer.

I’m glad you’re better, and that Ron survived his scare. I’m gonna try to be a participant here.

Off topic, this is only my second post – I have experience in electronics, and have built a few circuits, but not a mod.  I’ve got most of the parts for a raptor 10A build, but haven’t settled on enclosure, and I’m first gonna assemble a DNA 30 in a fasttech hana style box (if it ever gets here).  Pretty straightforward, but I want to add reverse polarity protection via an n-fet on the low side. I’ll post my plan somewhere here for review before I turn on the soldering iron  :).

Offline midnightron

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »
Hi Wa9  (name ?), glad to have you here. This forum has great potential but as of late has been kind of slow. Glad to have you here and hopefully this forum will pick up again like it was before. You will find some of the best help and great people here. Good luck in building your mod. Keep us informed on how it is going.
Ron

Offline wa9w00d

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 02:47:08 PM »
Hi Ron,  Sorry, forgot to put sig on. Name's Wayne.  Yeah, I think a lot of people who, like me, love technology, aren't natural "chatty" types.  But I'll be bugging the board for info soon enough.
Later,
Wayne

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »
Hi Eric, you make a very valid point.  My excuses so far are that I’ve just found/joined, I’ve had my head buried in the technical information goldmine that is here, and I am by nature more of a reader than a writer.

I’m glad you’re better, and that Ron survived his scare. I’m gonna try to be a participant here.

Off topic, this is only my second post – I have experience in electronics, and have built a few circuits, but not a mod.  I’ve got most of the parts for a raptor 10A build, but haven’t settled on enclosure, and I’m first gonna assemble a DNA 30 in a fasttech hana style box (if it ever gets here).  Pretty straightforward, but I want to add reverse polarity protection via an n-fet on the low side. I’ll post my plan somewhere here for review before I turn on the soldering iron  :).

Welcome Wayne:  Hope you post the drawings and schematic.  I would take a shot at it.  We have "THE # 1" mod guru here on our forum, Craig.  If it has to do with batteries or building mods, he can answer any of your questions.  You will also find that everyone else on here are super people.  We are all ready and able to help or just talk and have a good time.  Question:  Are you an e-juice DIYer?  We have a recipe section that is fun and informative.  Have fun and again, welcome.

Eric

Offline wa9w00d

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 05:16:39 PM »
Hey Eric, thanks for the welcome. And I have already learned to read Craig's posts twice. Carefully  ;).

I have acquired some basic supplies for making my own juice, and have even made a couple of basic, crude mixes, but haven't made time to do much yet.  I do plan to start checking the recipe section soon, though.  For the moment, I wouldn't advise selling you Nickoticket stock yet  :).

Wayne

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 09:06:42 PM »
:beer-toast:  Wayne:  Ok, I'll Hold the stock a little longer.  When you do get time, I think you'll fit right in.  Sounds like you may like to be a little adventurous and will come up with some unique mixes.

Eric

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: What is happening to our Forum

gfxgfx
gfx gfx