gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 12:31:56 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: looking for some info
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: looking for some info  (Read 5381 times)

Offline grimmtrippers

looking for some info
« on: November 08, 2014, 05:49:09 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm brand new here and this is my first post. I have been doing a ton of research lately to prepare myself for myfirst DNA box mod build. I have one question that I can't seem to find the answer to. First let me explain my idea. I am going to use a 18650 battery in the same kind of way as the vapor flask. so ill be able to change out the battery whenever I want. So I am going to slide the battery into a hole in the bottom of the mod and then screw on a cap to hold the battery in place. I would like the cap to act as the negative battery contact. I have seen a couple pictures of builds like this and it appears that some people are soldering the positive connection to the DNA board but leaving the "battery -" hole on the board of empty. I could be wrong. In The pictures I have seen it is hard to tell how the wiring is set up. I was also examining my vapor flask and there appears to be no wires that come down and connect to any negative battery contact. So my question is... how does this work? Could I only hook up a positive connection to the battery and leave the "battery -" hole empty? Like I said ... I want to use the cap that will screw in to the bottom as the negative battery contact. this is hard for me to explain. I hope you guys know what I mean. Thanks!!

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
Re: looking for some info
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 11:50:02 AM »
Welcome.
I think I got what your saying. If you insert a threaded collar into the mod then you could solder your NEG wire to it. Maybe use something like a threadsert or a  helicoil, you could even epoxy in a threaded tube or coupler of some kind.

Offline grimmtrippers

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »
Hey thanks for the response! I was thinking of doing something like you described. Although I'm still curious as to how something like the vapor flask or the champion mod work. I hopeci can post this link here because I can't figure out how to post a picture. Notice how there is no wire coming from the "battery -" pinout. That's the internals of the champion GT mod.

https://m.facebook.com/1449997451919182/photos/pcb.1465093993742861/1465092773742983/?type=1&source=49

Offline grimmtrippers

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 12:44:49 PM »
I am actually making an enclosure that is very similar to that champion box. So any info on how that works would be very much appreciated.

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
Wasn't familiar with the construction of those mods. The pic you posted, that's aluminum and it "is" the wire, the board is grounded to that part of the case through the charging board I believe, I can't see a wire at hole #6 although it could possible be on the other side. So no wire needed for the NEG battery post or the NEG atty connection.

It's Sunday. but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon.

Offline grimmtrippers

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »
Hmmm I'm not quite sure what you mean. How is it grounded through the charging board? Also I don't think it makes a difference but I believe that the frame is stainless steel. Thanks again for helping

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 12:46:09 AM »
Grimm,
I'd think one could attach the charging board ground lead to the SS case and that would ground the board.
But I'm a novice unlike some of the folks here.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: looking for some info

gfxgfx
gfx gfx