gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 18, 2024, 01:06:09 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: adding nic to a pre-mixed pg/vg base
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: adding nic to a pre-mixed pg/vg base  (Read 5973 times)

Offline bbb

adding nic to a pre-mixed pg/vg base
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:59:39 AM »
I want to verify what I "think" I understand

I mistakenly bought some pre-mixed base without the nic ... I normally would buy a base with nic included

I have a 40 % PG / 60% VG base ... I have ordered 12 mg nic juice from Wizard Labs ... I want to make a pg/vg/nic base of 6 mg nic

according to the ejuice me up calculator, to make 60 ml of 6 mg base, 50% of that base is going to be nic ... does that sound right ??

I can't include a screen shot ... I entered my 40/60 percentages in both boxes, in line 1 and the Target line ... I entered 12 mg in line 1, 6 mg in line 2 and 60 ml in the Amount to Make line ... after calculations, the percentages show 20% pg, 30% vg and 50% Nicotine e-juice ... is this correct ??

am I using the calculator correctly to add nicotine ?? ... I don't normally add my own nic so I just want to be sure

thanks

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: adding nic to a pre-mixed pg/vg base
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 11:21:07 AM »
I want to verify what I "think" I understand

I mistakenly bought some pre-mixed base without the nic ... I normally would buy a base with nic included

I have a 40 % PG / 60% VG base ... I have ordered 12 mg nic juice from Wizard Labs ... I want to make a pg/vg/nic base of 6 mg nic

according to the ejuice me up calculator, to make 60 ml of 6 mg base, 50% of that base is going to be nic ... does that sound right ??

I can't include a screen shot ... I entered my 40/60 percentages in both boxes, in line 1 and the Target line ... I entered 12 mg in line 1, 6 mg in line 2 and 60 ml in the Amount to Make line ... after calculations, the percentages show 20% pg, 30% vg and 50% Nicotine e-juice ... is this correct ??

am I using the calculator correctly to add nicotine ?? ... I don't normally add my own nic so I just want to be sure

thanks

Use the Nic Combine Tool.
I assume the 12mg nic juice is flavored. You didn't mention the PG/VG ratio of the juice.
In the attached image I used a 50/50 PG/VG ratio for the 12mg juice. Change it to what you have.

The sample shows that you will need to add 30ml of your pre-mixed PG/VG and 30ml of your 12mg nic juice to come up with 60ml @ 6mg strength (but your flavoring will be diluted by 50%).

Offline bbb

Re: adding nic to a pre-mixed pg/vg base
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 12:19:09 PM »
the 12 mg nicotine is 100% pg

I'm just trying to make a base of pg,vg,nic

the nic to be added to the vg/pg to create a 3mg base just seemed a little high to me

an approximate rule of thumb to create a base, I've read, is1/2 ml nic to 1ml of pg.vg ... is that approximately correct ??

thanks for the example, I'll try the other tool

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: adding nic to a pre-mixed pg/vg base

gfxgfx
gfx gfx