gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 07:17:27 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Steeping - Open...Closed...Preference?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Steeping - Open...Closed...Preference?  (Read 5369 times)

Offline TwoScoops67

• They don't wanna think it be like it is, but it do
Steeping - Open...Closed...Preference?
« on: June 05, 2015, 12:09:10 AM »
Hi All,

This is an oft discussed topic, however I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to the following.  I'd like to get some input on open or closed bottle steeping. Should I steep with the cap off the whole time? Should I leave the cap on the whole time? A mix of both???

I suppose one of the things I'm concerned with is getting particulate in my mix if I leave the cap off.  Is it just preference, or is their real advantage to one or the other?

Of course I desire the best outcome, so just curious how to get there.  Thanks a bunch for any input that can be provided.  ;cheers;

Offline Erck89

• Elixir Mixer
Re: Steeping - Open...Closed...Preference?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:27:05 AM »
Hi All,

This is an oft discussed topic, however I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to the following.  I'd like to get some input on open or closed bottle steeping. Should I steep with the cap off the whole time? Should I leave the cap on the whole time? A mix of both???

I suppose one of the things I'm concerned with is getting particulate in my mix if I leave the cap off.  Is it just preference, or is their real advantage to one or the other?

Of course I desire the best outcome, so just curious how to get there.  Thanks a bunch for any input that can be provided.  ;cheers;

2 scops:  I recently read definitive scientific  reasoning on this very subject.  I went looking for and could not find it now that it would be useful.  In a nutshell, the consensus is steep with the cap in place. Oxidation, in essence, rusting,  can, and does change the characteristics of the juice, so, eliminating the contact with air is advisable.  Additionally, there is the critters.  Large and small enjoy your juice too.  But, naturally occurring, airborne yeasts will invade and those will change the flavor of your juice through fermentation.  Just like when you make home brewed beer and totally change the taste of the juice.  Bottom line:  Cap your new juice and put it in a cool, dark place to steep.  They won't keep forever, but they will keep longer.     Eric

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Steeping - Open...Closed...Preference?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx