gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 06:10:25 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Classifieds And Swaps  |  Topic: Anyone Need BI Tech's 93prxxxlf potentiometers?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone Need BI Tech's 93prxxxlf potentiometers?  (Read 9910 times)

Offline MonkeyTokes

Anyone Need BI Tech's 93prxxxlf potentiometers?
« on: July 31, 2015, 07:36:37 AM »
I ordered a bunch of these at the lowest price I could find(about $2.50 after the $9 shipping charge) so if anyone is interested I'm any I'd gladly let them go for cost plus $2.04 for first class shipping. Unfortunately it would only be worth while if you're in the US. At 4.54 that's much cheaper than digikey especially if you factor in their shipping charge. If you buy two they would come out to only about $3.52 - still kind of a lot but of course companies see these things are desirable and mark them up, just like the irlb3034pbf -_-

I've got 93pr10klf - for PWM builds and 93pr1klf for okl2-t/20 builds. I also have a bunch of components for both builds if you'd rather get them from me at cost rather than digikey or Newark, etc. And get a huge shipping charge for a few dollars of components.

I also have a couple different populated PWM boards that I'd be willing to get rid of if anyone is interested!

Offline vapetech334

Re: Anyone Need BI Tech's 93prxxxlf potentiometers?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »
I am new to the whole PWM trend but is like to know more about your populated boards. I understand they are very efffecient. What are the specs and size. What kind of power source do you reccommend. Is the mosfet a p-channel or n-?
I'm still a novice builder, only done 6 total mods. 3 unreg a n okr 10 and 2 sx350s the regulated were all done from picture schematics. I wish I'd taken more pics. I'm currently receiving parts for a much more complicated build using a delta 40a chip a modmeter and hopefully a li-po or dual 26650s . I have a huge post in the modders forum. That being said  I had to order a 1591 box bc my original box I purchased of custom wood was going to potentially be too small so I'm asking about your pwm board as a possible setup for the spare enclosure.

Offline MonkeyTokes

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »
Do you know the dimensions of your enclosure? The boards aren't technically mine. Well they are in the sense that I have them in my possession and am the one who populated them but they are actually TheModFather's Mini PWM board and David4500's Dual Parallel Mosfet PWM board.

They both can be used with two 18xxx or 22650 batteries in series. They need around 5-12V so any power supply that meets that and your current needs will work. With the mini PWM I use just a regular TO-220 Nchannel mosfet wired as you would for a regular unregulated mod then you just connect the PWM output to the switch which then cobnects to the mosfet. The other board has two nchannel mosfets and one P channel. The board is a bit more complex but because there is no other components needed its much easier to wire in. Both of the boards have a thread on here for more info. They basically go from 0% to nearly full power of a series mosfet box which is pretty damn powerful. Depending in your mosfet/s and batteries you can easily go up to 500-1000+ watts though practicing proper battery safety is imperative while using batteries in series as amperage goes up quick at 8 or 12v and amp ratings don't compound with each battery added like they do in parallel.

If you're interested in them for your box I will send you one of each for basically cost plus $2.04 for shipping, all together probably under $5

Offline vapetech334

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »
I am interested ... My ENCLOSURE is a Hammond 1591 so it should be plenty big enough.. I wish I could find a build to use my modmeter effectively but it seems everything uses an nchan which makes the mosmeter require its own power source so it won't give proper battery readings...I guess I gotta order a few of those meters Mamu linked from eBay...
So how much are we talking for one of each board with shipping and how do you take payment?

Offline vapetech334

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 09:16:07 PM »
The populated pwm boards your talking about , one of them wouldn't be the 555 pwm board by David with the modfathers board... I've been talking to visus in the modding forum and I've decided to scrap my delta 40A build in favor of doing that.. I need to get rid of this chip now lol
If your interested in trading let me know it a the Delta D12F200A 40AMP 200Watt.. I paid close to $40.00 w/ s&h...

Offline MonkeyTokes

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 09:54:28 PM »
Is modmeter a brand? Surprisingly I bought the literally cheapest voltmeter I could find from China(under $2 a piece with free shipping) and the green, blue, and yellow ones work fine, the smaller red ones I have don't though. I guess its just hit or miss if they work with PWM.

I've never bought the 1591 but I think that's the plastic version of the 1590B which is big enough to make a triple series 18650 PWM box with either board. Or you can make a dual series 18650 PWM box in with either one in a 1590G.

David has quite a few boards so I've attached the stock images of the boards I've got. I can send you more photos of the actual populated boards if that'll help you figure out if its the one you're referring to. The one made by David that I have is the latest iteration of the "DualParaMos-555PWM" version 1.4 made with all the same components from his parts list except I just used a jumper instead of a switch because I use flush buttons so I don't really use switches but I can easily add one if you'd prefer it.

If that's the one you're looking for I'd be willing to trade you one of each and probably some cash, more than one of each, some parts for your build, or whatever. I'm not really familiar with the board you've got but I'm always looking for a new mod to build and something to play with.

If you want to just buy them I use PayPal mostly but I think I may have a google wallet set up too. I'm not really sure of a price or what they're worth. I see people selling the mods for big bucks though I sell my completed PWM mods to my local shop for $50 a piece so I wouldn't charge you anywhere near $40 for both to be honest with you. Probably $5-10 really

Offline vapetech334

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:02 PM »
The Mod meter http://www.modmeter.com is a nifty little way to add a display to these hobby builds.. they are $20+sh but are quite handy.

I'd be Happy to trade you the chip for those populated boards and we wouldn't have to worry about cash if you want to include what other electronic parts I need to wire it up and/or battery sleds or 3a + momentary switches ..whatever is fine with me.
Did you say they did not have nfets bc I use a mom switch off the first leg from the battery to negate idle battery draw for a dual button fire. And yes the 555pwm board build is the one I'm looking for. 
I've heard great things about it and if I run it w dual 18's or 26650s and no nfets then with the mod meter it could turn out to be a super sick build. My enclosure lid has already been finished with a carbon fiber veneer and I've got a pretty sick idea for the rest of it once I mock up its internals... I'm going to try and include a 20mm fan If I have room.
I'm also in the process of ordering a DNA30 CLONE on sale for 10$.
Anyways let's do this! :) I'm excited

Offline MonkeyTokes

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 10:27:32 PM »
I can't believe I never heard of that modmeter. Pretty cool piece of hardware in theory! Though I definitely see the problem you're facing after they rule out PWM builds, the more common negative logic OKL builds and standard unregulated mosfet builds. That leaves, well... An ego circuit stuffed into a box with 18650s and a cool screen I suppose haha maybe it'd work with the nivel chip, which again, in my opinion is good in theory but kind of missed the mark and its time period to be relative. 15 max watts was good for modders three years ago :/

Offline vapetech334

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 10:41:33 PM »
It's not 15watts max in their example pic it shows 123 watts..lol and you can use it with an nfet it just needs it's own power supply.. so you would also need a separate battery level meter..
I'm going to also order some of those LCD meters Mamu showed from eBay but they are only in China so it's gonna take forever but they don't seem to harbour the same restrictions..
Anyways ..let me know what you wanna do w this chip and we will get on it.

Offline MonkeyTokes

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 10:55:31 PM »
Wow where'd you get the 30 clone at?! I actually just got my first DNA board ever as conpensation for building a mod for a friends DNA 40. I ordered extra bezels on shapeways though so I could use the DNA 30s!

Well what parts do you have so far? I'll definitely give you one of the pots listed above for the mini PWM board for sure(linked pic), right now I may have some extra 12mm stainless momentary push buttons as well, may have some dual 18650 sleds from FT and some other odds and ends. 20ga Solid core copper wire (largest size that fits in the boards) and 14ga stranded for the dual para mosfet boards load carrying wires.

Unfortunately though both do indeed use nchannel mosfets. The mini PWM board doesn't use a Pfet, you can use one but it doesn't need to, but they do all need to use an nfet to take the load off the switch like you would with a regular mosfet box mod which is essentially what PWM mods are with just a pulsing input to alter the output. I'll post a crude diagram I made for the mini PWM board to show how its wired and how it all works.

Offline vapetech334

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 12:48:20 AM »
I've got a nice 10k vishay pot with the knob... I hate having to get the shafts and knobs for those plastic pots but sometimes that's all you can find for certain values. . Man I wish there was an alternative to nfets lol.. oh well... I have a little dual button cell battery holder I will try to run the mod meter with and I'll get a battery meter for the 18650s. I'm gonna order 10 or so of those other meters from China and resell them here bc they seem really useful...
As far as the DNA clone...I'm getting it from http://www.eastcoastvape.ca/mobile/Product.aspx?id=38444
In Canadia....

Offline MonkeyTokes

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 06:02:53 AM »
Oh no I meant the nivel chip only goes up to 15 watts. And they still haven't really started selling them yet 0_o.

The coin cell idea should be good, and with the extra space you'll have it shouldn't be a problem! You could probably tie it all into a usb charger if you plan to use one(with rechargable coin cells of course) so you dont need to worry about pulling it out to swap the batteries and can just heatshrink it. Another thing you could do is get one of the triple 18650 sleds from dipp3d or similar 3d printing company and wire two batteries together in series and leave one on the outside not wired into the main circuit, giving you 8.4V plus an 18650 to power the meter.

Well thatll definitely work. Thats another good thing about PWM, you can use pretty much any pot from 10k to 200k. The other board already has a pot on the board so you won't need to worry about that. If you don't already have a mosfet i should be able to throw you one of them as well so you don't need to wait for any other parts to assemble your mod, and I'll give you a few 555 timers (the mini PWM board has a DIP-8 socket) in case you need them. I usually he at shrink the entire board and just cut out the top so the socket is showing so I can swap timers if I need to.

The little voltmeters definitely come in handy. In my opinion its good to do that with all your components. That's what i do. Buy 30-hundreds of each part and sell most on eBay to compensate for my cost for my mods :D

Offline vapetech334

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 10:52:23 AM »
Well how do you want to do this...we can pay our own s&h or if that doesn't sound fair I can PayPal you money...
I guess we should discuss this over private message or email..
I'm ready to do this.. sorry for the couple days mia.. wife is high risk preggars had a few complications but all is well...
Hit me up

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Classifieds And Swaps  |  Topic: Anyone Need BI Tech's 93prxxxlf potentiometers?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx