gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 08:37:14 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: Question about measuring ingredients on eJuice Me Up calculator
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Question about measuring ingredients on eJuice Me Up calculator  (Read 6412 times)

Offline ghh3rd

I have a question about measuring ingredients on the eJuice Me Up calculator.   I have just started DIY Ejuice, and my first batch was HIC's Macaroon Bars.   I made a 30ml batch, using a good scale that measures to the 100ths of a gram, and am confident that I weighed correctly.  Although the batch tasted very good, it only made about 20ml.  Also, the nic level seemed lower than the 3mg I was attempting.

I used the calculator default of 1ml = 1gr for all of the ingredients, nic, pg, vg and flavors, since I don't know the actual weights of each, and suspect that is what caused the difference in volume.  I wonder how far off the final flavor is from the actual recipe -- I want to experience recipes that I try as they should be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Granville

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Question about measuring ingredients on eJuice Me Up calculator
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 06:36:37 PM »
Actually 1ml does not equal 1gr. It is just a place holder before you enter the correct gram weight for each ingredient. If you used 1gr for 1ml you would come up short for your total amount made.
Weight differs for PG, VG, flavoring, water, pga and nic. VG is the heaviest. The more VG the heavier the gram weight. Nicotine with 100% VG would be heavier than nicotine with 100% PG.

I have seen people state different gram weights than others. It depends on the accuracy of an individuals scale
To precisely know the weight for YOUR scale, weigh out 1 ml of each liquid and add the gram weight by going to the menu item "Tools", "Gram Set".
If you do this for your "Default" then when you create recipes that data will be intact.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:44:33 PM by Breaktru »

Offline ghh3rd

Re: Question about measuring ingredients on eJuice Me Up calculator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 12:13:13 AM »
Thanks for the explanation - that will help.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: Question about measuring ingredients on eJuice Me Up calculator

gfxgfx
gfx gfx