gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 11:58:25 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: DIY Box Mod App - Interest/ Possible Collaboration?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DIY Box Mod App - Interest/ Possible Collaboration?  (Read 4077 times)

Offline MonkeyTokes

DIY Box Mod App - Interest/ Possible Collaboration?
« on: September 03, 2015, 07:04:32 AM »
In my spare time I'm an android programmer amongst other things. One thing as a kind of just for fun project that I've started is a DIY box mod app. Basically it is a step by step tutorial to make a box mod covering everything, including the things seldom mentioned in stabdard tutorials basically for the layman to build their own better than decent box mod. By everything I mean literally everything, from drilling holes, moding the box to fit the components, modding the battery sled, soldering with proper solder technique, safety tipes, assembly, etc. Right now I've only got it set up for Mosfet mods but am looking to add in the more popular builds like DNAs, OKL2 -T/20 and PWM using some boards available on here.

Right now it is pretty bare bones and not finished, I have yet to test every aspect of use to ensure its functioning properly and even still that's only on my three devices. Basically I'm wondering if anyone here is interested in such an app. I know this is more of an advanced modding community so I'm sire there will be few people who'd need such an app here but I'm also looking for people who may want to contribute. Maybe on a step by step basis. Essentially picking a topic or step to focus on and cover each of the steps you use to complete that step.

Each step has its own layout and I will gladly add any info about the contributor to that page as well as plugs to whatever profiles/stores/etc that you'd like to plug on the info section. No programming expierence is needed, I'll take what you type and turn it into an XML layout and write the java code to accompany it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if you're just willing to test the app on your device for me or shoot me some ideas you'd like to see in such an app! Thanks in advance for your help!!

Offline Actro

Re: DIY Box Mod App - Interest/ Possible Collaboration?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 09:26:27 AM »
Very interesting. Would offer you to test it on my Galaxy S3 tablet and phone and also would help you localize it, if needed. I would provide you with german translation, if you like..

Offline MonkeyTokes

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 08:46:02 AM »

That would be awesome! Especially helping translate to German! Maybe I could use a translator then you could help me to correct the silly errors it makes. Do you live in Germany?

Offline Actro

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »
Yes, I live in nothern Germany. Just drop me a message with your text, I'll translate it. Since the german grammar is slightly different, most translators are not working well..

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: DIY Box Mod App - Interest/ Possible Collaboration?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx