gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 09:58:44 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: question about test batches
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: question about test batches  (Read 5666 times)

Offline wordologist448

question about test batches
« on: September 27, 2015, 11:49:19 PM »
Soooo, I've been mixing for a couple of months now and really digging it, but I have a question I haven't seen answered in any of the threads on blending/steeping: does the "1 to 2 WEEKS" average steeping time apply to tiny batches too? When I make a new flavor, I make 5-10ml as I've seen suggested, to make sure it's not TOTALLY gross before I make a big batch, but I'm not sure how long it really needs to steep/mix before I even taste it. I've been using an ultrasonic cleaner for the mixing (the one with 8-minute cycles and the heat option) and generally running the juice through 10-15 8-minute cycles before tasting it, because when I've tried most of them RIGHT out of the bottle, they just don't taste "finished." I JUST discovered on some forum yesterday that I shouldn't have been using the heat cycle so much of the time because it degrades the nicotine, so I'm wondering what you all do to get a test batch ready to vape. I'm all about instant gratification too, and it sucks to think I should really be waiting DAYS, or a WEEK, just to TRY a flavor - any thoughts?

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Re: question about test batches
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 11:06:28 AM »
The only way is to heat steep if you want it sorta steeped faster.

Naturally steeping is the best method in my research.  Make a huge batch of your favorite make your testers and let them steep a good month tasting along the way while you vape on your favorite... 

Heat steeping gets you 80% there but some flavors lose all identity or go stale and taste like hair products smell..

Do not use nic in your test batches wait until you are sure..

It takes some patience but you can muster it,  just remember after you find a good mix and  its steep point make enough to last to its next steep point..

I make at least 60ml of my fav's and 30 ml's of other likable's as soon as I get down to 15/30ml of my fav's I make another 30ml..  I have some joos thats almost two years old, they are no good now but ya it starts to gang up on ya..

RY4 Dbl becomes fantastic after 4 months steeping it is the best joos for long steeps IMO it never sours..

Heat steeping may raise the diacetyl or acetyl in the joos so now we do not heat steep..

Offline Visus

• PV Master
Re: question about test batches
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 11:12:59 AM »
BTW
If you search parts for mods section you will find a post about syringes and vials and such.

I use this to steep my joos each sterilized glass vial is 35ml

The syringe on the left is not heat steeped joos the one on the right is,  it oxidizes the joos....
I made a tutorial post on how to microwave heat treat your joos,  I have abandoned that practice, but it works on many juices fast..

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:16:37 AM by Visus »

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: question about test batches

gfxgfx
gfx gfx