gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 05:13:35 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: What happened to Iron Lung Design (for OKR Breakout Board)?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What happened to Iron Lung Design (for OKR Breakout Board)?  (Read 8655 times)

Offline ghh3rd

What happened to Iron Lung Design (for OKR Breakout Board)?
« on: November 28, 2015, 11:44:05 PM »
I bought an OKR breakout board from Iron Lung Design perhaps 5-6 months ago, and finally decided to use it.  My son wants to order one too so he can build one along with me, but it seems that their web site is down. 

Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Thanks,

Granville

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: What happened to Iron Lung Design (for OKR Breakout Board)?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:47:28 AM »
Looks like Iron Lung took down his site. I found a link to order the board at OSH Park. Not sure if it's still available. OKR Breakout Board 1.6.15

Offline ghh3rd

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »
Too bad - looks like they may not be available any longer.  Well, I'll be giving my breakout board a try, and I guess I'll be helping my son wire up a OKR T-10 like the one that built many months ago... it's in a 1590B box, so it feels and looks like a brick but works great along with the $20 Freemax Starre tank.

Granville

Offline DIYFancyLights

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »
I would think a properly designed breakout board would make it easier to use heavier gauge wire to all the high current stuff. I consider the convenience for all the other wires secondary. Getting one already assembled definitely would reduce build time.

On the con side of them ... the OKR is at right angles unless you replace the pin assembly on them (which has interesting possabilities of it's own for small spaces, having both bask to back)?

Offline david4500

• Ultra Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 12:29:37 AM »
Not sure what happened to Iron Lung... I used to message with him a bit on Reddit. He was kind enough to send me a few boards, but I never used them. If anyone would like them, please let me know.

Offline Damoo

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 05:35:06 AM »
Not sure what happened to Iron Lung... I used to message with him a bit on Reddit. He was kind enough to send me a few boards, but I never used them. If anyone would like them, please let me know.

Hi David do you have any boards left?

Offline Madyn3D CNC

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 02:12:36 PM »
I purchased all stock from LPV when they had their fallout internally from a member. Mostly enclosures, FET's and switches but there was also a few of these Iron Lung boards along with a populated board and some wiring diagrams. I know this is an old thread but if anyone still needs info on these boards I will take some photos and scan the diagrams I have.

Offline DIYFancyLights

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 02:58:03 PM »
The two tiny green board that are close to the front & center of the photo wired with blue wire & yellow heatshrink are my microPWM & microFET boards. If you need information on them I can can supply that or you can look for my listings on eBay which contain links to some .pdf's as well.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: What happened to Iron Lung Design (for OKR Breakout Board)?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx