gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 09:10:52 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: My fresh build DNA 75 Bamboo and Copper
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My fresh build DNA 75 Bamboo and Copper  (Read 7768 times)

Offline silverslayer

My fresh build DNA 75 Bamboo and Copper
« on: August 16, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »
Hi all....... Just wanted to stop in and show off my latest mod.  Evolve has really been pumping out the new products lately huh. I just got my new 75 board and I dropped by their site and now i see a 250 and a 60. wont be buying those boards. I hate lipos. I say that because i built a 200. Spent weeks looking for a battery with the most mah that I could fit in the box. Every thing fit perfect and was running great. Then about a month later the battery puffs up and pops the magnetic cover off. It was still working, but i no longer trusted it. So now I have a 150 dollar paper weight sitting on the mantle. That battery was very expensive and didnt last. As for the sixty I cant see spending the money on one when I can buy a 75 cheaper and fit it in about the same amount of space. plus I can properly mount the 75. Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:40:20 AM by silverslayer »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: My fresh build DNA 75 Bamboo and Copper
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 12:53:28 PM »
Very nice work  :rockin smiley:
Too bad about your li-po in the 200. Mine is still going strong with a 1000ma. Not enough battery life but manageable. One of my 75's have 3 parallel li-pos (3000ma) and is also still going strong. The other was a single 18650. Nice to pop out for a fresh one or charge on board.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 03:15:58 PM »
The packs, all,  when ran hard will swell!  It is a natural function of a lipo pack..  Craig explained it to me and I started noticing it on all my packs..  Some just the connection ends swell and some swell slightly in the middle of the pack but it is more common for it on the connection end and most will not notice it..  Must be an uber tight fit or you have a bad battery(send it back).. 

Cannot really see your pictures  they are not clickable for zoom view on my computer..  But nice build..

:thumbsup:

BTW that fancy DNA200 software can tell you exactly whats happening with that battery..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:20:49 PM by Visus »

Offline silverslayer

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 06:15:51 AM »
Yes it was a very tight fit. It was a 1300 Mah. it fit perfectly until it swelled. I didnt run it hard. probably never took it over 40 watts. I may have over discharged it once though. Im probably going to change it over to a 133.   

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 07:39:21 AM »
Thanks for reloading picture,  it is uber sharp.  I like it a lot..  :thumbsup:

New DNA 250 watter on market now..  I vape 35 watts now and almost never go above that except when drinking lol..  It's wild how it changes months to months.. :laughing2:

Check your battery with escribe software and perhaps use if it is ok in a bigger box,  no need to waste a a good bat..

Offline silverslayer

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 05:54:19 AM »
Im thinking Im gonna just build and enclosure for just the board and connector so I dont have to worry about battery size. Ill just plug in whatever battery and strap it to the enclosure. Im sure it will look like shit, but good enough for sitting in the recliner lol. It was in one of those fancy alpine tech G+ enclosures. That shit was pricey. Too bad the battery didnt work out. The box was always a little big to be hauling around any way. Like you, I dont vape at high wattage, but it is nice to have the power if you ever do. I think all those high wattage boards are just a ploy to keep people buying. Hey look at me I have the latest big power board. So far though Im really loving the 75. Im vapin it at around 40 watts. This mod is the first one Ive ever built that Ive really fallin in love with. Im gonna be sad when I drop it. I always drop them. I should have built in something to strap a lanyard to.

Now that Im looking at the battery its looks like one of the cells might have vented, I didnt see that before. And it feels deformed on one edge.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 08:04:04 AM »
Don't play around with that battery then freaked_out:

A really cool passthru can be had for the DNA200 with a very cheap purchase of a battery backup off ebay. 
You can find them from 5Ah to 12Ah and from 7Ah up it can take every bit of the 200 watts if you ever vape that high and has self charging and alarm  if overdischarged.  I love mine, its almost 3yrs old and not a single issue, fingers crossed, watch the batt go bad soon now lol..

Just slide the battery out disconnect and make a Y connection and all is good..  They usually have a 12v 30watt barrel plug output cord that you can use for whatever. 

Offline silverslayer

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 11:42:54 PM »
A pass through sounds good. There are some threads out there on using a power supply. Can you go into more detail on using the back up? Do you plug it into the USB port, or do you wire it directly to the board? I guess what I'm saying is I have no clue how to go about it.

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 05:24:27 AM »
Battery I use

There s a 12v battery inside.  A cover on the back easily snaps off and the battery slides out.
Be careful its connected but has enough slack to pull all the way out..  disconnect making sure power is off
Choose your extension cord cut to length
you can get fancy and make a grommet drilling a hole in back cover.. 
Connection to either a on/off heavy duty switch, voltmeter,  at DNA or  battery
inline a fuse
Connection extension cord to DNA pos neg thru a heavy duty plug or direct to DNA with board**internal securing the extension cord (plastic box if not shrink sleeved and grommeted)
Last:::::   Connection  to battery pos and neg terminals or turn on ::::::

Offline Visus

• PV Master
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 05:41:26 AM »
I will say a lot may try using a power supply but if memory serves well,
some people were having issues using a pwm of some power supplies  instead of the cleaner dc of  a battery with DNA's in the beginning IDK..  Break may know of a good power supply if you go that route..

It will work flawless with a 12v battery is guaranteed.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: My fresh build DNA 75 Bamboo and Copper

gfxgfx
gfx gfx