gfxgfx
 
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo
 
gfx gfx
gfx
19694 Posts in 1260 Topics by 5033 Members - Latest Member: jackiehinchey November 18, 2017, 11:52:29 PM
*
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  Payroll Software  |  General Discussion: Payroll Software  |  Reports - 941 Form  |  Topic: Quarterly reports - 941 Forms
gfx
gfxgfx
 

Author Topic: Quarterly reports - 941 Forms  (Read 7150 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Tom

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Joined: Jan 2011
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
Quarterly reports - 941 Forms
« on: January 23, 2011, 07:25:38 PM »
I live in a state that requires many, many quarterly reports (plus the federal government 940/941s).

Is there a facility for creating quarterly reports in your payroll software? Form 941, in particular, requires things like rounding (line 7a) - how do we handle that?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:04:37 AM by Breaktru Admin »

Online Breaktru

  • Administrator
  • PV Master
  • *****
  • Joined: Nov 2008
  • Location: NY
  • Posts: 3299
  • Karma: +784/-4
  • Gender: Male
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Quarterly reports
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 07:51:59 PM »
If you have Excel installed, go to Year to Date form and click Excel up at the top menu bar. It will Export and open Excel where you can edit what you need to do.

Offline Tom

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Joined: Jan 2011
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: Quarterly reports
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »
Thank you for the quick response. How will Excel know when/if your software has rounded on SS and Medicare? This is required on line 7a of the Federal quarterly 941

thanks,
Tom

Online Breaktru

  • Administrator
  • PV Master
  • *****
  • Joined: Nov 2008
  • Location: NY
  • Posts: 3299
  • Karma: +784/-4
  • Gender: Male
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Quarterly reports
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:08:09 AM »
You have to take in consideration that the software does not do forms but will aid in filling out forms by providing a YTD report which can be tailored for quarterly reports by exporting to Excel.

Online Breaktru

  • Administrator
  • PV Master
  • *****
  • Joined: Nov 2008
  • Location: NY
  • Posts: 3299
  • Karma: +784/-4
  • Gender: Male
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Quarterly reports - 941 Forms
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »
If you have been keeping an accurate record by keeping each employee’s “Year to Date” form updated each pay period… You can print or view each employee’s YTD form. On the YTD form click “Excel” on the top of the menu. You can use that information to do your 941 form.
Note that for 2011 the employee’s S.S. rate is now 4.2% and the employer rate is still 6.2%. The 941 requires the total of the two which would be 10.4% or 0.104

See: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irs.gov%2Fpub%2Firs-pdf%2Fi941.pdf&rct=j&q=941%20return%20instructions&ei=s_E2TrizNMXm0QGhk8WyAw&usg=AFQjCNHVBBh33g2TzYsEU6JQLLKk9l5r-g&cad=rja
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 02:38:03 PM by Breaktru Admin »

Breaktru Forum  |  Payroll Software  |  General Discussion: Payroll Software  |  Reports - 941 Form  |  Topic: Quarterly reports - 941 Forms
 

gfxgfx
gfx gfx
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!