gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 08:42:10 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: Having trouble with PG/VG ratios
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Having trouble with PG/VG ratios  (Read 8086 times)

Offline Nash812

Having trouble with PG/VG ratios
« on: September 30, 2011, 01:17:20 PM »
 Hi,  Been trying to use the calculator, but having trouble getting the ratios that I prefer.

My Base Nic is 100%PG @36mg, and my preferred final PG/VG ratio is 65% PG, and 35% VG @ 18mg nic.
Here's what I was shooting for;

...seems the only way I can get it to work with the 65/35 ratio(without warning) is to drop the target nic level to 14mg (that's a bit low for me), or use almost no flavoring.

I don't understand why the program isn't setup to just add more pg or vg(whichever you need), to compensate for the negative ratio warning. 

In this case, adding more VG would balance out the PG/VG ratio, although it will reduce the target nic strength somewhat.  I guess the "target nic strength" is the primary parameter, but it would be nice if the final PG/VG ratio could be user set to be this primary parameter, and have target nic strength, and VG level adjusted accordingly.  I can easily add more VG ...got a big bottle of that  ;)

:idea:  My quickfix experiment was this; With the PG at -10 drops, and VG at 35 drops... to bring the PG up to 0 drops, I just added 10 more drops of VG to my recipe.  Not sure what this does to the final nic strength, but it turned out quite good.  Lots of vapor and throat hit... so I would call this a successful experiment. :thumbsup: Again, would be nice to have these features in a future version of the program.

...comments please!  ...thanks All!

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Having trouble with PG/VG ratios
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »
The culprit is the Flavoring. Either use flavoring w/ VG or no PG/VG. Most flavoring is 100% PG.
You should not have to lessen your Nic mg.
The way to fix this is to change your resulting PG/VG to 75/25 because this is what it will truly be.

I can make this calculator to accommodate what you are saying but the results would NOT be correct. What you see here is an EXACT result to what you are adding into the recipe.

Most calculators if not ALL do not consider the PG or VG that is going into the mix from the flavoring added.

There are several posts about this on this forum. I would suggest reading through some of them for more tips.

Offline steamEngine

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »
Breaktru has explain this subject more than once.
He is exactly correct about the flavoring adding the extra PG

Offline Nash812

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »
yes, searching for these now... looks like i'm going to have to find some 100%vg flavourings, or (probably easier)order some 100%VG based nic liquid, to make a 50/50 nic liquid to start with.

...thanks and thanks
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:52:27 PM by Nash812 »

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  eJuice Calculator  |  Topic: Having trouble with PG/VG ratios

gfxgfx
gfx gfx