gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 11:13:04 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Parts for Mods  |  Topic: ***FREE EVERCOOL REGULATORS, PTR08100W, PTR08060W, PTN04050C & MORE!!***
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ***FREE EVERCOOL REGULATORS, PTR08100W, PTR08060W, PTN04050C & MORE!!***  (Read 55929 times)

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
Register an account, sign-in to your account, and you're ready to start shopping!

https://myportal.ti.com/portal/dt?pr...-bin%2Fhome.pl

PN's of interest (probably):

PTR08100W
PTR08060W
PTN04050C (3 versions)

You'll have a limit of (5) sample components, but you cannot sample more than 1 identical part number at a time.

To order the 100% FREE SAMPLES, type in the part number into their search engine, confirm the part number on the next screen and click on "sample & buy" to place that part into your shopping cart.

Do the same process for all of your part numbers until you've reached your (5) limit.

Now go to the top of the page and click on "sample & purchase cart", check mark the sample boxes for each part number and proceed to check out.

You will receive a sample of each one of these parts, shipped FREE to your front door!!

Good Luck!

Offline timesarerough

• PV Master
  • Username: Virus
Re: ***FREE EVERCOOL REGULATORS, PTR08100W, PTR08060W, PTN04050C & MORE!!***
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:43:28 PM »
AND DON'T FORGET TO CLICK MY APPLAUSE BUTTON IF YOU DIG FREE STUFF!!!   :thankyou:

Offline retroboystuckinthepast

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:08:06 PM »
Thanks for the info,  :thankyou: :thankyou:  got 4 boosters a couple days later. just need some wiring instructions.  :help:

Offline Copper

on the PTN4050C modules, what is the difference between the AD, AH, AS and AZ designations? I don't see anything real conclusive

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
on the PTN4050C modules, what is the difference between the AD, AH, AS and AZ designations? I don't see anything real conclusive

Part#                Package|Pins
PTN04050CAD      Through-Hole Module
PTN04050CAH      Through-Hole Module
PTN04050CAS      Surface Mount Module
PTN04050CAST    Surface Mount Module
PTN04050CAZ      Surface Mount Module
PTN04050CAZT    Surface Mount Module

Offline fsors

• PV Master

I always wondered about that too besides the connectors Dave posted above what are the differences? :Thinking:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
They are all the same module, just different mounting pins

Offline d_walk

Looking at the TI.com website shows that they are exactly the same. Except as breaktru stated about the pins.
They use the same datasheet.

Offline Degnr8

:rockin smiley:Sweet! Just ordered mine

Online michamer

:rockin smiley: Sweet! Just ordered mine

welcome to the forum @Degnr8 and good luck with you mod

Offline Degnr8

Thanks Mich. They just came in yesterday and I have a question, the PTR models both have 5 pins and the schematic Breaktru put up only uses four. Do I just skip #1 and do the rest normally? Also wondered on the through hole chips if I can dremel the posts off.

Online michamer

Thanks Mich. They just came in yesterday and I have a question, the PTR models both have 5 pins and the schematic Breaktru put up only uses four. Do I just skip #1 and do the rest normally? Also wondered on the through hole chips if I can dremel the posts off.

Pin 1 is for On/Off Inhibit. If used, you can use a low current (tact) switch instead of breaking the positive battery which requires at least a 3 amp PB switch. Using the inhibit switch will always have some sort of power to the board which results in trickle down battery drain.

Page 12 of the 08100w datasheet shows the inhibit pin wire with a discrete transistor. Datasheet

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master

Michamer is correct. Never used the inhibit pin. It would be more efficient to use a PB on the battery end.

You could apply heat to the through posts and they will come off leaving a soldering hole where you can insert your wire. Careful not to overheat or you will damage the circuitry. Or snip off the pin with your side cutters.

Offline Phestr

• SteamDwarf
  • That which doesn't kill me...better start running.
Mine are on the way! The 08100 is back ordered, but the 08060 is coming in, along with the boost chips.  My wife and kids goe out of town for 3 weeks in a week, so I might have to have a neighbor kid stand by with a fire extinguisher while I attempt to clone the .44 Mini...

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 09:34:23 AM »
Mine are on the way! The 08100 is back ordered, but the 08060 is coming in, along with the boost chips.  My wife and kids goe out of town for 3 weeks in a week, so I might have to have a neighbor kid stand by with a fire extinguisher while I attempt to clone the .44 Mini...

how lond did it take the back ordered ones to arrive?I am still waiting for mine thou...

Offline Phestr

• SteamDwarf
  • That which doesn't kill me...better start running.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »
The first one arrived a couple days later.  Then I ordered more, and the same chip was backordered.  Been a week this time.

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 08:56:22 AM »
mine is still waiting...haven't received been over a week now,,,

Offline Dasen22

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 10:24:47 AM »
The 08100 sells out a lot. Once it's back in stock it only takes a day or 2 to receive if you are located in the States.
I don't believe they ship International though.

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 11:26:58 AM »
The 08100 sells out a lot. Once it's back in stock it only takes a day or 2 to receive if you are located in the States.
I don't believe they ship International though.

2 years ago...
they did and I was able to get like 15 chips...
then last year I think our country got banned,,,due to the hype of vv mods at that time

now I just tried...they ship internationally..free..
currently tracking at fedex its here already in the country...just waiting for it to be delivered to my place...

yup still on back order...

Offline smami

Has any one got samples from here recently? My order backfired because "we cannot identify your company". Any one got any advice?

Offline snoop1928

:help: same happend to me few weeks ago  raged:

Offline smami

I think i found the problem. They don't accept order's if you are registered with "free email" address, at least not anymore. Made new profile with everything same except chanced email address to the one i got from university. 2 hours later i had already received email saying "order shipped" :)

Offline Jasen

• Ultra Member
Thanx Times,
Had to satisfy the GovCo regulations as to why I wanted a couple circuits, and it sounds like an actual person will have to look at it before it's approved  :Thinking:

Offline XombyCraft

• [¬º-°]¬
Very nice find!  Sign-up was pretty straightforward, and I used my work email (I'm CTO there anyway, so partner doesn't care) instead of gmail/etc.
So far, so good.  Thank you very much!

Offline Emerpor_Kraft

email validation fail
Your myTI Profile appears to be associated with a personal email account. Please edit your myTI profile to reflect your corporate or university email address and then Submit a New order.  We can then validate your company/university. Email questions to: ti_store@ti.com
guess I'm SOL don't have either kind of email accounts

Offline XombyCraft

• [¬º-°]¬
email validation fail
Your myTI Profile appears to be associated with a personal email account. Please edit your myTI profile to reflect your corporate or university email address and then Submit a New order.  We can then validate your company/university. Email questions to: ti_store@ti.com
guess I'm SOL don't have either kind of email accounts

I think TI is getting a bit more picky now.  While you don't necessarily need a "company", a half-hearted website spouting nonsense regarding electronic constructs and the free email account that came with said website from 'va papa' would probably run you about $15 a year.  Whether that's worth it for free samples or not is up to the individual.  I already had something set up, but I realize that is probably not the case for everyone.

Has anyone tried this using a mailinator.com or pinkp*ssy.ro disposable email account?

Offline miskol

TQ for sharing, i just ordered 5 samples!

LMZ31710 is VERY interesting.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Most companies don't like sending samples to end users.  The intent is to provide them to engineers looking to design products with them. 

In any case, you don't need an actual website, though there's is a box for it on the TI samples form and it's required you put something in there.  You could put anything in there probably, I don't think they actually check that.  TI is unusal there, they normally do not ask for a web site when requesting samples.  They all look at the email address.

Most companies will not send samples if requested with an email that does not use a private domain.  I have one because I need it, but as already mentioned, it's not expensive to set one up for yourself.  If you want to go the full route, it's about $60 a year to register a domain with email at Network Solutions. 

I'm sure domain and email registration can be done cheaper elsewhere.  Network solutions has always been the most expensive for that stuff, but I use them because they are reliable.  I've had trouble with unreliable domain providers before.  Can be handy to have an email with a private domain anyway.

Offline XombyCraft

• [¬º-°]¬
Craig-- Makes a lot of sense.

Not to debate hosting companies, but I've dealt with NS before, and while they're better than Hosting.com, for super-cheap and 99% reliable domain purchases, economy hosting, and pop3 email (bare bones here) I've had good luck with GoDaddy..  Currently I just pay annually for domain registration, and get free linux economy hosting and 1GB pop3 email.  This is enough for setting up development spaces for web design and the byproduct is... well... a private domain email that TI will accept.

Offline Emerpor_Kraft

Craig-- Makes a lot of sense.

Not to debate hosting companies, but I've dealt with NS before, and while they're better than Hosting.com, for super-cheap and 99% reliable domain purchases, economy hosting, and pop3 email (bare bones here) I've had good luck with GoDaddy..  Currently I just pay annually for domain registration, and get free linux economy hosting and 1GB pop3 email.  This is enough for setting up development spaces for web design and the byproduct is... well... a private domain email that TI will accept.

thanks guys ima look into this right now i could use this for something else as well

Offline Emerpor_Kraft

was able to register a domain name and host for .50 cents @ month came with a small mail box this should get me my samples.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Damn, that's almost free. 

Offline XombyCraft

• [¬º-°]¬
I'll say, I'm at about $0.84 a month at the moment.

Which host?  Done with coupon code? 

Cheap/free domain/host/email packages would be a handy subtopic for the "parts for mods" area.

Offline Emerpor_Kraft

I'll say, I'm at about $0.84 a month at the moment.

Which host?  Done with coupon code? 

Cheap/free domain/host/email packages would be a handy subtopic for the "parts for mods" area.

web.com with a promo code i am only gonna use it for a month after that it can get pricey
promo code ehosting50promo5471

Offline XombyCraft

• [¬º-°]¬
Nice.  I got my set up from GoDaddy about a decade ago...  Just about every domain back then came with free economy hosting and email.

Offline miskol

just received the status of my samples request ... Shipping Status: Cancelled (1) : 24 Jun 2014 ... all 5 requests  :no:

Offline fusionboy

:thankyou: Hey Times! Thanks for all of the links! Stuff from TI delivering Fri!  :rockin smiley: I'm a newbie here and would like to hit the applause button but I'm not sure how? Where might I find that Sir? Thanks!

Offline Emerpor_Kraft

just received the status of my samples request ... Shipping Status: Cancelled (1) : 24 Jun 2014 ... all 5 requests  :no:

why were your requests Cancelled?

Offline miskol

why were your requests Cancelled?

"The Ship To or End Customer address you entered was either incomplete or inaccurate and was rejected by our carrier.
Please resubmit your request with a complete and accurate address in English."

i submitted another request, hope it will be smooth.

Offline Emerpor_Kraft

"The Ship To or End Customer address you entered was either incomplete or inaccurate and was rejected by our carrier.
Please resubmit your request with a complete and accurate address in English."

i submitted another request, hope it will be smooth.

sounds like it should go thru if you provide a shippable address was just notified my order has been shipped thanks to everyone's help here

Offline miskol

wohooo, i have just been notified has been shipped  :rockin smiley:

Offline XombyCraft

• [¬º-°]¬
Congrats!  Glad it worked out ok!

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
I was wondering why they wouldn't ship to you.  Glad to hear it was just a bad mailing address.  I live on the TI sample service (I use their parts a lot) so that would suck if they decided to clamp down in some manner.

Offline ModManCooper

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2014, 05:49:04 PM »
This still works fine. I just received my sample order. However I am a business owner and used my business email. Thanks guys!!!

Offline Mandar715

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2014, 05:38:22 PM »
Just ordered my samples yesterday and received confirmation this morning that both PTN4050CAD and CAH shipped. I kept getting an error every time I tried to get all 4 that were available but when I just did 2 it went through no problem kept coming back with "I exceeded my QTY. for shipment" error. Not complaining it'll be nice to try this chip out in a wooden box mod. :beer-toast: :beer-toast:

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2014, 06:35:30 PM »
Just ordered my samples yesterday and received confirmation this morning that both PTN4050CAD and CAH shipped. I kept getting an error every time I tried to get all 4 that were available but when I just did 2 it went through no problem kept coming back with "I exceeded my QTY. for shipment" error. Not complaining it'll be nice to try this chip out in a wooden box mod. :beer-toast: :beer-toast:

Congrats on your order Mandar. Odd that you could only get 2. Just tried it out and I got 4.

Offline Mandar715

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »
Yea I thought the same to but every time I hit the check out button it kept giving me an error that I exceeded my QTY. for shipment so I removed the 2 SMD boards and hit the check out button and it went through no problem. Again I'm not going to complain just happy to get these 2 boards been wanting to build a small mod with either this board or the 8100. Thanks again

Offline XombyCraft

• [¬º-°]¬
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
Yea I thought the same to but every time I hit the check out button it kept giving me an error that I exceeded my QTY. for shipment so I removed the 2 SMD boards and hit the check out button and it went through no problem. Again I'm not going to complain just happy to get these 2 boards been wanting to build a small mod with either this board or the 8100. Thanks again

more than likely it's not "quite" in stock.  one of the SMD boards is packeged in a super-overkill-anti-moisture getup that I imagine they might run short of.

Offline Mandar715

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »
Talk about quick service, I ordered the boards on Sept 8th they arrived yesterday Sept 10 and that's waiting on my order to get approved from TI.

Thank you to timesarerough for sharing the information about the boards as well as everyone else on the forum you've all been a great help.

Offline Flawed

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2014, 03:15:40 PM »
Yes sir, two day shipping.  All 8 boards sent, no questions asked. Nice. Thanks Timesarerough. Now i'm off to make some of Breaktru's three year old mod designs.... lol.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Parts for Mods  |  Topic: ***FREE EVERCOOL REGULATORS, PTR08100W, PTR08060W, PTN04050C & MORE!!***

gfxgfx
gfx gfx