gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 07:17:38 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Tried something that did not work out as planned but here it is
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tried something that did not work out as planned but here it is  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Todd

Tried something that did not work out as planned but here it is
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:09:01 AM »
[cut and pasted from VF; too lazy to retype]

Hello everyone

This did not work out quite the way I wanted it to.  My intentions were to get the tank to automatically drip into the Ato-Miser.  I played around with it for two evenings and no matter what I did; it would not drip; kept getting dry hits as soon as the coil started getting dry.  I gave up on that idea and went to this one.

I had an old type B tank that did not work anymore and I cut it off with a dremel.  I used the feed stem, rubber gasket retainer, and a measured out piece of the tank barrel.  I epoxied the tank barrel to the Ato-Miser cap after I drilled the cap out.

I soldered a piece of a syringe to the feed stem so that it would be 1mm above the coil in the ato-miser.  I cut the rubber gasket and retainer down so that it would be flush with the cut down tank barrel.

This is feed stem with the feed tube and syringe needle with the rubber gasket retainer around it on an ego type B tank cartridge with a silicone seal.

Everything inserted in the Type B Barrel.

Everything put together and the base of the Ato-Miser screwed on.

It is not auto feed.  I drilled the draw hole of the Ato-Miser out just a little to make sure it would never pull fluid out of the tank; this also loosened the draw a little.

About every 15 puffs I just put my fingers over the holes of the Ato-Miser Cap and take a quick puff creating a vacuum in the entire setup; this pulls fluid out of the tank and drops it right on the Ato-Miser coil.

It is kinda like a bottom feeder except in this case you could call it a manual top feeder with no bottle to squeeze; just place your fingers on the holes and take a quick 1/2 second puff and the coil get 5 drops worth of liquid.

I am also trying to figure out how a cartomizer could be built inside this, but as of now have had no luck.

It vapes nice, plenty of vapor; good throat hit, and great flavor.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Tried something that did not work out as planned but here it is
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:08:12 AM »
Nice work. You succeeded in making something different. I like it.   :thumbsup:

Offline eliteedge_7

Re: Tried something that did not work out as planned but here it is
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:56:08 AM »
 :rockin smiley: awesome this is a great idea!!

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Tried something that did not work out as planned but here it is

gfxgfx
gfx gfx