gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 19, 2024, 02:24:42 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Looking for a little assistance with a pipe mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Looking for a little assistance with a pipe mod  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Todd

Looking for a little assistance with a pipe mod
« on: January 20, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »
Hello Everyone

I have a pipe mod going that has me a little stumped.  Here is where I am so far.

I have the bowl drilled out to fit an 18350 easily with plenty of room to spare.  I have not received the 18350's yet so I just stuck an 18650 in it for illustration.  I have the stem side of it worked out as far as getting the battery contact in and the stem will slide over either a regular carto or a royal smoker revsion 5 ce2 cartomizer.  Where I am stumped is with what to do with the switch,  Any ideas as to where to get a switch and how to mount it on the bowl would be appreciated.

I started with this cheaper Haoje pipe, but would like to do a wooden pipe once I get everything worked out.

One other pipe I have.

And the wooden one I would like to get if I can figure this out; it is much more expensive; but I like   :thumbsup:  it.

:help: :thankyou:

Offline Dznutz

• Always learning
Re: Looking for a little assistance with a pipe mod
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 11:49:50 AM »
Sorry no relation but looks cool I will be watching this thread and see where it ends up.

Offline MidnighToker

Re: Looking for a little assistance with a pipe mod
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 12:32:59 AM »
Have never tried working with a pipe (or really looked at many) so I am just going off what I've done with other types of mods.

First question I have is what's your main concern?  Aesthetics or ergonomics of the switch?  Aestheticly (and probably easiest to wire due to space) would probably be to put the switch at the bottom of the bowl, but it may be a bit awkward to press.  Ergonomically I would think near the "crotch" (I have NO idea what the proper term here is LOL) between the bowl and the stem toward the side of your holding hand.  I guess a lot would depend on the switch's size/color/etc.

And now that I've looked and thought a bit, I think that under the bowl would be fairly easy to fire while holding it as well.  I dunno if I've been any help here at all  :beer-toast:

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Looking for a little assistance with a pipe mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx