gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 10:43:34 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: What is inside of that new Ovale Mod? Here is a look
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What is inside of that new Ovale Mod? Here is a look  (Read 6149 times)

Offline Sweet-Vapors

What is inside of that new Ovale Mod? Here is a look
« on: March 04, 2012, 06:44:51 PM »
I REALY liked this mod, but it has taken a poo! There is virtually nothing inside, but was thinking about seeing if it was worth looking over the electronics and see if there was something worth a look!

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: What is inside of that new Ovale Mod? Here is a look
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »
Is that a VV mod?  Looks like it uses PWM.  Wouldn't need much in that case, mainly just a micro-controller and a MOSFET which it looks like on the PCB.  First time I've seen that with series cells in a production mod.

Offline Sweet-Vapors

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
It is a 3.7, 5, 6v adjustable. I actually loved the thing, at 3.7 and being pulse, it was all I needed on a boge 3.0ohm carto. at 5v was great on some of the ce2 tanks, but 6v was too high for anything I use except the carto that came with it.

I want to move the board into a different mod and the nice thing is, it is screwed in! So comes out that easy.

The box it is in, well, sorta really feels very cheap, but I liked how small it is. As long as the board is ok, I am going to put it into a much smaller mod and hope it works. If not, where might I find this board?

It is the same as this one http://www.ljesmokes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=42&zenid=15tg3hacc37enjj5shruauoijak2v7j9

And is this the same board? Or is this a similar board that I can use for a simple VV mod  http://www.discountvapers.com/lm2596-dc-step-down/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:53:13 PM by Sweet-Vapors »

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:46:47 AM »
The Ovale PCB does not look like a switching regulator from what I can tell, but I'd have to see it better to say for sure.  Can you take it out and show both sides of the PCB up close? 

The LM2596 switching regulators are used a lot by people.  They work well from what I've read, though I haven't used one personally.  They are not the most efficient or compact, but do the job well enough.  My favorite buck regulator is the OKR-T/6, very compact and good efficiency but they don't have an on-board pot.  You have to add one yourself.

Offline Sweet-Vapors

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »
I am inches away form my first actual mod. All I have to do is not be at work and get my butt out to do it! LOL.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: What is inside of that new Ovale Mod? Here is a look

gfxgfx
gfx gfx