gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 06:06:43 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: 510 adapters
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 510 adapters  (Read 7657 times)

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
510 adapters
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:18:58 AM »
Hi guys i have 2 mods with the ptr08100 circuit my TTS mod and both have developed the same problem. The 2 mods have been working fine until I started using a 510-ego adapter from liberty flights and the first mod i was using it on all of a sudden would not fire no screen display or power to atty, then after a while started working again, then stopped again. I put it to one side and started using another mod exactly the same with the adapter and after a few days exactly the same problem. Stops working leave for a while then works for a while then stops. Now could this be due to the extra resistance of the adapter putting strain on the dc convertor. I have now started using the first one that packed up without the adapter and it seems to be working fine at the moment. I have just had another one back that i replaced the silicone spacer on then advised him to use the adapter with the same fault now this cannot be coincidence. All of these mods have been working without problem for 5 or 6 months. To have 3 with the exact same problem after using these adapters is strange.
Anybody else had this problem?
cheers
Styl3®

Offline vaperkarma

Re: 510 adapters
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »
It sounds like you answered your own question on what is causing the problem... the eGo adapter is shorting out causing the 08100w short circuit protection to kick in.

Check the insulator to the center post clearance on the adapter. Probably when screwed in or wobbled will cause a short. It may seat differently each time it is screwed in because the insulator is damaged or designed badly.

Offline Pantera

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »
I'm also willing to bet that the eGo adapter is the culprit  :yes"

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:00:05 PM »
nop it's not short circuit it is fine and also tested on a 2 ohm atty and it reads 2 ohms with the adapter on ...very wierd. One of the mods is working fine now without the adapter but the other isn't. Just found some brand new batteries so will charge them and try on the mod that is not working see if it is the batteries causing problems even though the batteies i have are powering the other mod alright. Will test tomorrow just seemed a wierd cioinsidence

Offline Pantera

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »
The statement you made below led me to the conclusion that it was the eGo adapter:

The 2 mods have been working fine until I started using a 510-ego adapter from liberty flights and the first mod i was using it on all of a sudden would not fire no screen display or power to atty, then after a while started working again, then stopped again. I put it to one side and started using another mod exactly the same with the adapter and after a few days exactly the same problem.

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 05:21:36 AM »
 and it did me and i still think they are the cause, i just don't know how....yet. But it surely does lead to the adapter as both mods exactly the same mods were working fine no problem then after a short period with the adapter they became faulty. And also somebody else i told to use the adapter now has the same problem. So i still think you are right but i have to find out why....... which sometimes is half the fun.
thanks for all the input guys

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »
and it did me and i still think they are the cause, i just don't know how....yet. But it surely does lead to the adapter as both mods exactly the same mods were working fine no problem then after a short period with the adapter they became faulty. And also somebody else i told to use the adapter now has the same problem. So i still think you are right but i have to find out why....... which sometimes is half the fun.
thanks for all the input guys

You may want to re-read this:

Check the insulator to the center post clearance on the adapter. Probably when screwed in or wobbled will cause a short. It may seat differently each time it is screwed in because the insulator is damaged or designed badly.

Offline styl3r

• Styl3®mods
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »
i know Dave, i should have paid more attention at school, but on a plus side i think i have found the problem it was the original switch breaking down under load. Kept testing on my bench and all seemed fine then fitted batteries and vaped and after a couple of fires stopped again. So replaced the switch and been using it all morning so i do beleive this was the cause. I have another 2 with the same problem so will try the switch on those... never overlook the obvious.....
cheers guys
Styl3®

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: 510 adapters

gfxgfx
gfx gfx