gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 18, 2024, 06:41:23 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Finished Touch Sensor Mod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Finished Touch Sensor Mod  (Read 10893 times)

Offline SolarRay

Finished Touch Sensor Mod
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:07:41 AM »
So, this is my finished Touch Sensor Mod based on an Enabled LDO with a Darlington Pair driven touch sensor. See my posts: Enabled LDO's and Touch Sensor http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,571.0.html for more info on this circuit.

The Mod runs off 2 CR123A's is adjustable from 3.7 to 6.0 volts and vapes great. Touch sensor is very sensitive.

My custom Mod features glowing orange LED's the emanate their light through the vent holes when active.

Tail Cap switch turns the Mod on and off as indicated by the Green LED.

The Brass balls near the green LED are the Touch Sensors

Breaktru forums have been a real inspiration for me even attempting a Mod such as this...I am so glad I found this resource and really happy with this my second Mod (a box mod was my first).

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:10:43 AM by SolarRay »

Offline SolarRay

Re: Finished Touch Sensor Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 04:11:17 AM »
Custom Carrying Case, Ready for Saturday's vape meet.

Only the inside is customized, with foam cut-outs and lined with Fabric.

Features spots for: The Mod, Extra Batteries, Extra Juice, Extra Parts, and an Adjustment tool
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:14:50 AM by SolarRay »

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 07:36:32 AM »
Well done. Interesting design. Definitely unique.
Didn't think I would like to see a painted copper mod but.... I like it  :thumbsup:

Offline SolarRay

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
Thanks!  :)

God it was a b*tch to paint.....I think I needed to rough it up more....used Rustoleum Self Etching Primer and Rustoleum Glass Black and Kylon Clear Coat...Had all of it on hand, so that why I chose what I did.

Its a Copper / Flashlight Hybrid morphed into something unique...The flash light portion was already black....so that influence the decision to paint A LOT

My next copper Mod, the one that is nearing completion (with the digi-pot), is going to be High Polished, I been spending a lot time the with sand-paper and my buffing wheel (with rouge).....I will most likely use a clear lacquer (A true lacquer, the kind that's hard to get these days) to keep shinny and tarnish free.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:52:15 PM by SolarRay »

Offline SolarRay

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 03:05:14 AM »
update....The darlington pair based touch circuit is working awesome, been testing for a week now. I have some  things to report.

1) it's so sensitive that I don't even have to touch my "Ground" sensor...if you see in the circuit and in the photos there are too brass balls....one goes to ground, one goes to the base leg  (through a resistor) of the transistor.... Only have to touch the sensor that goes base leg  of the transistor to activate. Never need a wet finger...my case is painted....I haven't measured the resistance of the paint to ground, but I'm sure its really high!

2) With the LDO the voltage stays rock sold! I vape at 4.20 volts with a 2.4 - 2.8 (measured) ohm cartos. (6.3 watts, 1.5 amps) and it outputs great until the batteries are depleted and the just quits.....it doesn't seem to fall off as the batteries drain. At at higher watts results may vary.

3) My RCR123a, 750mah rechargeables  last a full day. 900mah  OR 1300mah,  would be my recommendation if using these type of batteries for even longer run times.

4) with a 1.5 smoketech single coil all I can saw is WOW! ....too much for me (even turned way down to 3.7 volts), but most people were impressed by it!

5) it seems to have trouble sufficiently powering 3.4 ohm dual coils...maybe go with the 7amp model LDO if powering such or  maybe it's just too much drain on the RCR123A's I'm using.

6) For Dripping and DIY tanks, I use Kangers, I find they are giving me the best overall results.

7) I have a smoketech tank and a DIY tank I find the DIY tank with the Kanger gives a better vape then the smoketech tank. (Dang, I was hopping I would like the smoketechs......maybe I haven't found the right ohms yet.) Haven't tried Boge's yet

Current vaping Cinnamon mint dripping into a 1.8 ohm (measured) Kanger - Yummy without a burnt taste..but is close to "burning"....Even though its adjustable, I don't mess with the voltage, once I get an inline volt meter, I probably will! :D

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:30:01 AM by SolarRay »

Offline steamEngine

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 06:54:15 AM »
Cool design.  :rockin smiley:
Do you have any more creations to show?

Offline SmokeRings

• Puff Master
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 12:32:35 PM »
Very nice  :beer-toast:

Offline jumper

• Ultra Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »
I love it. Great thinking to make a half flashlight and half copper mod. Like someone else said, I didn't think I would like to see copper painted, but what you've done has changed my mind. Using the best way to protect the finish after it's painted would be awesome. Plus, it's made me think about something. I'm also an abstract artist. There may be a way I can paint an abstract mod then clear coat it. hmmmmmm

great mod!

Online geothee

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »
I love it. Great thinking to make a half flashlight and half copper mod. Like someone else said, I didn't think I would like to see copper painted, but what you've done has changed my mind. Using the best way to protect the finish after it's painted would be awesome. Plus, it's made me think about something. I'm also an abstract artist. There may be a way I can paint an abstract mod then clear coat it. hmmmmmm

great mod!

That is a nice looking mod that SolorRay made  :thumbsup:

Being that you are an abstract artist, you can acid etch the copper instead of just painting and clear coating. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NQjAC4_T5E and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw55UW_2rFk
LearFX has done some cool stuff with acid etching.

Offline jumper

• Ultra Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »
Hi geothee,

Thanks for the examples. I have just touched the surface of the etching, but from what I saw on the first video, A Sharpie marker will work. That would be a LOT easier than trying to use a brush, lol. Thanks for taking the time to find this for me.

I'm no good at painting anything realistic because when I started painting, I started doing abstracts right off the bat :) I can, however, do some different stuff that would be my own style (I would hope). I don't know if steam punk's time has come and gone, but I really like that stuff. I only found out what it was recently from seeing some other people's mods. They actually put gears and things on the PV, but I would just try to draw them.

You have really helped me a lot. I didn't know you could use a Sharpie for the resist, and that makes the whole process easier. Everything else is just sandpaper and the acid bath. Thanks so much for the post. It has really helped me a lot! Now I have to find LearFX and ask him some questions <g>.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Finished Touch Sensor Mod

gfxgfx
gfx gfx