gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 29, 2024, 09:54:53 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: zmax shorted?can i revive
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: zmax shorted?can i revive  (Read 6292 times)

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
zmax shorted?can i revive
« on: August 05, 2013, 09:28:57 AM »
hi,

i have a zmax,not sure if its legit by smoktek since it doesn't have any markings on it...but it does follow all the menu's the zmax should have...

i think i shorted the thing when I was rebuilding...stupidly held the coil and the fired...

now its out of the body..
can i still somehow repair it?move it to a box mod or just throw it away?

i also have couple of samples form TI coming...evercoolchips..can i rig it to that?how?

thanks

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: zmax shorted?can i revive
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 11:16:56 AM »
The Smoktech and Sigelei have the same menu as well as the knock off boards. They are all the same board.

There is NO protection on the board so they are easily damaged beyond repair. Seeing a burnt part is hard on this board because usually the burned part is sandwich between two boards. Put it up to your nose and see it you can smell the burned part. It's usually the component close to the output connector.

The TI 08100w (evercool): are you talking about how to wire it? See the schematics for the Variable Voltage Evercool Copper Mod

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
The Smoktech and Sigelei have the same menu as well as the knock off boards. They are all the same board.

There is NO protection on the board so they are easily damaged beyond repair. Seeing a burnt part is hard on this board because usually the burned part is sandwich between two boards. Put it up to your nose and see it you can smell the burned part. It's usually the component close to the output connector.

The TI 08100w (evercool): are you talking about how to wire it? See the schematics for the Variable Voltage Evercool Copper Mod

sorry my bad mate,
I guess what I was asking was if i can salvage the display from that board and rig it to the evercool mod...

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »
sorry my bad mate,
I guess what I was asking was if i can salvage the display from that board and rig it to the evercool mod...

Sorry but NO... the circuitry and programming for the display is built in to the zmax board
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:34:22 AM by Breaktru »

Offline Learfx

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 07:14:23 AM »
have...

i think i shorted the thing when I was rebuilding...stupidly held the coil and the fired...

now its out of the body..
can i still somehow repair it?move it to a box mod or just throw it away?

What exactly do you mean when you say "held the coil and the fire"?  I'm not understanding... What is the unit not doing or doing that makes you think it's fried?

Offline zeus17

• Ultra Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 08:57:33 AM »
What exactly do you mean when you say "held the coil and the fire"?  I'm not understanding... What is the unit not doing or doing that makes you think it's fried?

well coil was attached to the post,held it with a long nose then fire..
now it just gives me ff errors...but everything else kinda works...
ohm meter voltmeter..works still....but not when to actually use it for vaping...

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: zmax shorted?can i revive

gfxgfx
gfx gfx