gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19852 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild March 28, 2024, 03:32:35 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Where's the Menthol
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where's the Menthol  (Read 11160 times)

Offline midnightron

Where's the Menthol
« on: August 26, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »
Hello all, I wonder where you all get your mixing juices. I might not be saying it right, I'm talking about the juice that you can make your own juice with by mixing and maxing other flavors and nicotine. I got a bunch from Lorann and they seem to be pretty good. I thought I had found a home but someone asked me to make them some menthol juice, I placed an order with another company (I probably can't mention their name here  raged:
Well, I got the menthol in and mixed two mils like I always do to drip test it and it had exactly no flavor, no throat hit, no NOTHING :wallbash: it was like trying to suck soda through a pencil. Anyone have any good idea where I can get some good menthol juice to mix some up for my friend?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
Re: Where's the Menthol
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »
Sounds like you're talking about mixing your juice.  Even when I try to understand what you're saying as literally as I can, you're still talking about mixing your own juice.

Breaktru has a really nice calculator you can use for that; http://www.ejuice.breaktru.com

As far as vendors for mixing ingredients, My favorites are Essential Depot for PG and VG, Wizard Labs for nic base, and The Perfumers Apprentice for flavor concentrates.  You can get PG or VG and flavor concentrates from Wizard Labs as well;

https://www.essentialdepot.com
http://wizardlabs.us
http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com

You can get graduated cylinders from Wizard Labs or My Freedom Smokes (MFS is also a good source for nic base, PG/VG, and flavorings)

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/categories/graduated-cylinders-beakers-flasks.html
http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=71_74

Hope that helps :)

Offline midnightron

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 12:45:33 PM »
Hi Craig, thanks for the info. You are correct, I am talking about mixing. Have been for a couple weeks now. Calculator is great. I was having trouble finding a good menthol concentrate. Thank you so much for your help. I truly appreciate it.
May God Bless you and yours.
Ron

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »
You can get menthol crystals or liquid from Perfumer's Apprentice;

http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-151-menthol-and-mint.aspx

Offline midnightron

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 06:33:02 PM »
Thank you so much for your help. It brought me right to the exact page for menthol. One concern I have is that there is a warning that these chemicals have not been tested for vaping thus they recommend not vaping them. Any concerns here??
May God bless you and yours.
Ron

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 12:25:39 PM »
I don't see any warning like that on the site.  Most of the flavorings they sell are for the intent of vaping.  I use a lot of their stuff.  They also resell through a lot of e-cig vendors under the name "Flavor Apprentice"

Offline midnightron

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »
I don't see any warning like that on the site.  Most of the flavorings they sell are for the intent of vaping.  I use a lot of their stuff.  They also resell through a lot of e-cig vendors under the name "Flavor Apprentice"

This is on perfumers apprentice home page
"Please note that very little testing on inhalation of these materials has been done, and so we can not recommend them for this use"

Offline gladheart

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 05:39:06 AM »
I bought menthol 10% solution from Wizard Labs to used for a person who uses only menthol flavoring. 
20% menthol flavor was not as satisfactory as a higher amount.
I will reduce the % of menthol in order to stay with the highest recommended amount to use. 

What is the highest % menthol to use and be safe?

The 2 recipes using menthol in the e-Juice me up calculator recipes only used 2-3% menthol. 

Wonder what % DIY menthol juice would compare to the % that Halo uses in their e-juice.

http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-7355-menthol-liquid-pg.aspx

If you'd prefer to work with menthol crystals, you can duplicate our menthol blend by the ratio:

for 1000 grams
660 grams menthol crystals
340 grams PG
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:43:26 AM by gladheart »

Offline beamrider

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 10:26:37 PM »
Most of what I mix up for my wife contains menthol, which I also DIY.  I pack a standard 1oz bottle with menthol crystals, and then fill with PGA.  The resulting liquid is what I use *sparingly* to add menthol to a mix.

For example, in a 120ml mix-up, I use 0.5ml of the menthol liquid.  Not much at all, and yet enough to know it's there.  For just a plain menthol, I might use 2%.

And yes, I did get stupid one day and took a hit of straight menthol, back when I used PG instead of PGA...

freaked_out:

Just about took my head off.  I've done it a few times since., when I've got a raging head cold.  ONe hit is guarenteed to instantly clear the sinuses.

Offline gladheart

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 07:49:33 AM »
Most of what I mix up for my wife contains menthol, which I also DIY.  I pack a standard 1oz bottle with menthol crystals, and then fill with PGA.  The resulting liquid is what I use *sparingly* to add menthol to a mix.

For example, in a 120ml mix-up, I use 0.5ml of the menthol liquid.  Not much at all, and yet enough to know it's there.  For just a plain menthol, I might use 2%.

And yes, I did get stupid one day and took a hit of straight menthol, back when I used PG instead of PGA...

freaked_out:

Just about took my head off.  I've done it a few times since., when I've got a raging head cold.  ONe hit is guarenteed to instantly clear the sinuses.

beamrider

Thank you for posting what you do.
Who do you buy menthol crystals from? 
Mountain Rose Herbs is a company that I'm familiar with and they also sell menthol crystals. Wizard Labs is the only company I've ordered DIY supplies from. 

I only began vaping in June after smoking for over 50 years... Used to working with herbs and essential oils but new to DIY and learning....

In making up some e-juice for a family member what I had to use was a mixture at 10% menthol dilution in PG.

Thank you again.  Your post gave some specifics. 

Blessings,
gladheart
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:06:32 AM by gladheart »

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  DIY eJuice  |  Topic: Where's the Menthol

gfxgfx
gfx gfx