gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 18, 2024, 05:10:27 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Hookah project ..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hookah project ..  (Read 4019 times)

Offline warlordxxx

Hookah project ..
« on: November 24, 2013, 11:36:10 PM »
So I have a box that's about the right size for a hookah project with a 12V 6A desktop PC power supply - I was thinking of connecting 2-3 hoses to this using the LM series board - I figured going for the OKR series in this mod would be overkill because of the power supplies limited output . Admittedly it's probably more when a pulsed current rather than a continuous 6A pull. Any suggestions as to wether i'm heading in the right direction - I already know the LM boards can handle 2.5A without an issue and are cheap enough to put in there. This doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles but i would love to hear of any ideas this sparks for you guys :D

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: Hookah project ..
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:12:52 AM »
A similar project was discussed here: Multi User Passthrough

The LM board spec's the output current of 2A and a 3A max w/ a heatsink. The power supply would need to provide for input current which should be lower than the LM output current. I couldn't find the LM2577 or the LM2596 input current rating but let's say for intensive purposes it was 1.5A. If you have 3 boards simultaneously in use that would be 4.5A and a 6A power supply should handle it.
3pc LM2596 - UK

Offline warlordxxx

Re: Hookah project ..
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »
Thanks Breaktru - Figured I would add a few other things to the case while i'm at it (LED's etc) and that should give me more than enough amp limit to play with (Dipstick here forgot the amp pull in is less than the amp pull out) It should be a good project though ... Would be even better to grab a new power supply that was able to kick off three OKR's but the whole point of doing this one is budgeting lol

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: Hookah project ..

gfxgfx
gfx gfx