gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
19851 Posts in 1275 Topics by 5182 Members - Latest Member: charbuild April 19, 2024, 02:21:59 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: DNA20 ribbon cable seperated from screen
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DNA20 ribbon cable seperated from screen  (Read 4952 times)

Offline beamrider

DNA20 ribbon cable seperated from screen
« on: December 08, 2013, 12:25:28 PM »
Has anyone had this happen yet?  I reinforced the attachment points with a drop of epoxy before I started wiring the board, as always.  Went to tape the screen to the back of the board and the ribbon popped right off.

Is it possible to re-solder the ribbon to the screen, or will it be easier to get a new screen with ribbon already attached, and make the new connection on the PCB?

So PO'd I can't think straight, wanted to get this one wrapped up today, wish this crap wasn't so damn flimsy.

Online Breaktru

• Administrator
  • PV Master
  • PLEASE participate in this forum
Re: DNA20 ribbon cable seperated from screen
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 12:41:22 PM »
Sounds like a defect with the soldering rather than a mishandling issue. I would contact them for a replacement. It's warrantied.

Offline kortt

• what happened Muskie?
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »
That's unfortunate...hopefully Evolv will replace it for you.  Seems to be a common weak point on them.  Maybe Evolv will address it on the next one coming out.

Offline CraigHB

• PV Master
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
FPC ribbons are a pain and they break easy when soldered for any application.  They could use an FPC connector which would solve the problem, but it takes up some space on the PCB.

They look like this.  I've used them before on parts with FPC connections and they're pretty tough.

Breaktru Forum  |  eCigarette Forum  |  Modding  |  Topic: DNA20 ribbon cable seperated from screen

gfxgfx
gfx gfx