Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: Zoiboi on December 21, 2013, 01:21:59 PM
-
Just got one of these http://dx.com/p/mini-3a-4-5-28v-to-0-8-20v-step-down-voltage-regulator-green-24
Put 2x 14500 on it and it works....Used to work with lm2596 but found it to big.....
-
link points to a bluetooth dongle :no:
-
Here's a good link I think;
http://dx.com/p/mini-3a-4-5-28v-input-0-8-20v-output-step-down-voltage-regulator-green-238815
Looks like it should do the job for light loads, good for standard resistance atomizers with a couple 14500 cells. Though like most Chinese modular parts, it's sorely lacking on documentation.
-
Sorry for the wrong link....
http://dx.com/p/mini-3a-4-5-28v-to-0-8-20v-step-down-voltage-regulator-green-245131
This should be the right one....
Been vaping since ysterday on the board with 2 x14500 and it seems to do the trick (2.1 Ohm coil)
-
Nice Zo :beer-toast:
Maybe a sleeker tank on top would streamline it a bit.
-
I know....Think i will cut it a little on the top for a better fit/look....or maybe just make one more, i got 3 of the boards.....
-
Its definitely as small as I thought
wow nice board find
3amps -its as powerful as a provari, how does it vape?
-
That's small for sure. Keep us posted on how it works out.
I think these are the same ones as Craig linked to...was looking at them a while back.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/360751498046?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
-
Nice Zo :beer-toast:
Maybe a sleeker tank on top would streamline it a bit.
How many read Breaks comment and thought of a mod atomizer tank called a "sleeker tank", totally blocking out the definition sleek.
I googled sleeker tank -- 'oh another mod --lets check it out'. :laughing2:..
-
24 hours of vaping (didn't get much sleep last night) and still going strong with a nice and smooth vape on the iclear 30....
This is absolutely my favorite mod, never thought i would be so happy. But it handles like it should an has a perfect fit in the hand.
Found out that the pot is a 10 k and I'm thinking of putting a more "Handy " pot on to get better access to the vv part of the board (i`m vaping at 4v)...
Oh BTW....Merry Christmas to all of you......
-
That's pretty good results. Using an off board pot would be great to mount in the case.
Merry Christmas to you too and congrats on your build
-
Hey everybody,Been a member of this forum for a while don't post much but anyway I bought a bunch of those boards from eBay and they work great at least on a bread board except the pot it's a little touchy as Breaktru suggested a off board pot is a good idea at least that's what I'm going to do as soon as I figure out what I'm going to put it in,I've had builders block for a while and can't seemed to get going. And Merry Christmas
-
As previously stated the pots on the board is garbage - The pot is 200K Ohm if anyone needs to know to fit an external :D
-
I would think that they would use the cheapest components available considering the price of the board
-
Very true Breaktru - You can only expect so much for the price of them and i've come across the same pot on volt meters - even pressing on it slightly and it changes - But at least it's simple enough to de-solder and put a fresh external pot on there and again for the money the rest of the board is pretty good
-
I agree The boards are descent but again you get what you pay for.
-
Finally found "A sleeker tank".....Finer adjustment to the top.....
Still my best mod/battery ever.....
-
:rockin smiley: Now that is sweet :thumbsup: