Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: bapgood on February 21, 2014, 11:05:09 AM

Title: Faux Touch Switch
Post by: bapgood on February 21, 2014, 11:05:09 AM
I got some light touch thin tact switches a while back thinking to use them in a pipe build for a lip activated switch. Then I got playing around with an old MVP case, DNA, and some 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc sheet.

I have too many projects going on right now and I can't find a battery solution that I like so I have put this project on the back burner for now, but I wanted to show what I think actually turned out and works pretty dang good.

Here is the tact switch I used - EVQ-Q2B01W Panasonic | Mouser (http://"http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=EVQ-Q2B01Wvirtualkey66720000virtualkey667-EVQ-Q2B01W")

Here is where I got the 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc - Chrome, Stainless items in Pillar Covers store on eBay! (http://"http://stores.ebay.com/cfcoversstore/")



I epoxied the tact switches in cutouts in the MVP case so the top square portion of the switch was even with the outside of the case, and the little rubber activator nub stuck out proud just a hair.

(http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/bapgood1/7F84B9DE-C2B9-4A18-8B22-73BCF4D777FE_zpsmpqroa2e.jpg) (http://"http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/bapgood1/media/7F84B9DE-C2B9-4A18-8B22-73BCF4D777FE_zpsmpqroa2e.jpg.html")



Then I cover it with the 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc.....and magically the switches are gone. You can just barely feel the nubs with your fingers, and can typically find them without activating the switch.

(http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/bapgood1/0DD82C63-D604-44A4-8C6B-E2C78572DDA8_zpsngqvivi6.jpg) (http://"http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/bapgood1/media/0DD82C63-D604-44A4-8C6B-E2C78572DDA8_zpsngqvivi6.jpg.html")



Here it is in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPlv95sk-zA
Title: Re: Faux Touch Switch
Post by: Breaktru on February 21, 2014, 11:37:08 AM
Cool baps. Nice touch.
Thanks for sharing
Title: Re: Faux Touch Switch
Post by: vaperkarma on February 21, 2014, 12:35:42 PM
The magic box  :rockin smiley:
Title: Re: Faux Touch Switch
Post by: rdwilliamson on February 21, 2014, 06:24:31 PM
Great idea. I am waiting on my MVP2 to die so I can throw a DNA board in it. Might have to use this.
Title: Re: Faux Touch Switch
Post by: FlameOut on February 22, 2014, 09:57:00 AM
Well that is definitely different  :thumbsup: