Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: mamu on February 23, 2014, 11:38:53 AM
-
I bought a 3x 18650 (89mm x 58mm x 21mm) DIY aluminum power bank kit a while back and converted it into a dual 18650 DNA30 mod.
After doing the build, I have a few do-overs with the next build: I used the ss 510 connector from fatdaddyvapes and although I really like it, it was a pita to shorten it as well as the center post and delrin insulator, so I would use just a standard 510 connector with a ss finishing washer. I also would try to figure out a way to have a snap on bottom cap instead of screwing it on. I would also use a 12mm ss fire switch instead of a ss 16mm fire switch - I had to shorten it to get it to fit plus it took up so much space that fitting the wiring in the top portion was a pita.
Other than that, I really like how JAX turned out. With the curve it fits in the hand really well, like a small whiskey flask. :laughing:
Also, the case will be perfect for an OKR or Raptor mod. The batt contacts can easily be wired in series instead of parallel and all the electronics placed in the middle portion of the case like I did with the DNA30.
Template on and holes cut...
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax1.jpg)
parts ready to be epoxied in place... for the positive connections I shaped 2 Keystone C sized batt contacts and glued them in a plastic holder then glued to the top cap...
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax2.jpg)
DNA30 wired and ready to go...
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax3.jpg)
Close up of the slot I dremeled in the fatdaddyvapes 510 connector's center post to make it adjustable by using a jeweler's screwdriver... the top cap is just a plain metal piece, so I used a vinyl wrap on it...
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax4-1.jpg)
All done and ready to close up... I shaped 2 Keystone C sized batt contacts and soldered them together, then glued to the bottom plate... I'm using 2x 18650 LG batts for a total of 5000mAh 60A... it's a bit of a pita to screw the bottom cap on with the springs and batts pressing against the plate so a snap on bottom cap would be perfect...
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax4.jpg)
Evolv's usb charging board... I can charge internally or remove the batts for charging...
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax5.jpg)
Lights on and powers up YAY! :laughing:
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax6.jpg)
Size comparsion with Tera and Max...
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax7.jpg)
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax8.jpg)
-
Another fantastic looking build mamu and so neat. :thumbsup:
I've just re read your post and noticed that you likened it to a small whiskey flask, funnily that's what I've been calling my latest build lol
-
Nice job mamu :rockin smiley:
Nice touch with the slot in the 510 pin for adjustment
-
That's a lovely little case
-
Very good :beer-toast:
-
Thanks guys! :)
I was curious how much it weighed with the batts... 6.8 oz. So... it's not a lightweight. :laughing:
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax9.jpg)
-
Wonderful mod. Great as always.
-
Man you guys build such great looking stuff
-
I really like the blue! I bet you get some nice run time with 5000 mah.
-
Double blasted scotch in mine
thats a shot of single malt scotch sitting in a beer mug filed with more scotch :laughing2:
:yes"
-
Love those tiny switches you used! ;hubba;
-
Close up of the slot I dremeled in the fatdaddyvapes 510 connector's center post to make it adjustable by using a jeweler's screwdriver... the top cap is just a plain metal piece, so I used a vinyl wrap on it...
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/jax4-1.jpg)
How did you solder up the 510 connector?
I am wanting to do the same thing, but was trying to figure out the adjustability of it without twisting up the wire at the connection.