Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => General Discussions => Topic started by: Jasen on March 31, 2014, 03:32:09 PM

Title: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Jasen on March 31, 2014, 03:32:09 PM
I ordered it Saturday night (3/29) for 1 penny and $4.49 shipping. It showed up before noon today (3/31) via USPS. I got it at Amazon from Planet Hacker out of Connecticut. I know I could have gotten 5 of them off fleabay for 4.50, but I'm impatient and didn't want to wait 4-6-8-10-12 weeks for it :laughing2:

It's from the JMT company Taiwan, but I believe it's the same board sold at fleabay and just about everywhere else.

http://www.amazon.com/JMT-Lithium-Battery-Charge-Interface/dp/B00EQ0ZS0M/ref=sr_1_30?m=AKQUCHGRDBQ0Z&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1396293584&sr=1-30 (http://www.amazon.com/JMT-Lithium-Battery-Charge-Interface/dp/B00EQ0ZS0M/ref=sr_1_30?m=AKQUCHGRDBQ0Z&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1396293584&sr=1-30)
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Jasen on March 31, 2014, 05:26:00 PM
Well I went out to the mail box and nothing. Say's it's been delivered, Amazon say's wait 24 hrs. to make sure then contact them.  :Thinking:
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Breaktru on March 31, 2014, 06:00:03 PM
eBay vendors do that a lot also. They play with the pricing. 0.01 for the item and 5 bucks for shipping. Searching further will reveal the same product for 5 buck and free shipping. 6 of those or a 1/2 dozen of the other  :laughing2:

Just be careful when buying multiple items. I got burned once buying several items priced cheaply and they tacked on shipping costs for each item. It would be wise to first contact the seller for details.
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Jasen on March 31, 2014, 08:18:25 PM

Just be careful when buying multiple items. I got burned once buying several items priced cheaply and they tacked on shipping costs for each item. It would be wise to first contact the seller for details.

Yea, that's never happened to me either, ever  :laughing2:
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Jasen on March 31, 2014, 10:15:08 PM
Just checked the mail again and there was a package, but it was something else I ordered. I checked tracking again on both item's, now it say's the usb board is in transit and the other thing I got today is also listed as in transit   :Thinking:
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Jasen on April 01, 2014, 05:26:46 PM
Now it seems something hinky is going on. Amazon tracking said it was delivered, a few hrs. later it said in transit. Today, no tracking and Amazon has no record of the order number. I'll wait till the end of the day to see if it get's here then contact Amazon and the vendor. It's only $4.50 but...
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Breaktru on April 01, 2014, 06:05:45 PM
Now it seems something hinky is going on. Amazon tracking said it was delivered, a few hrs. later it said in transit. Today, no tracking and Amazon has no record of the order number. I'll wait till the end of the day to see if it get's here then contact Amazon and the vendor. It's only $4.50 but...

That's frustrating. I wish you luck with it
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Jasen on April 05, 2014, 02:09:19 PM
I have it in my possession, showed up yesterday. For 1 penny and $4.50 S&H you don't get a bubble wrap envelope, just a manila envelope. I'll have to get out my bread board and see if it survived the US postal service. But it only took 5 business days to get here.

Now wheres my stuff from China  :Thinking:  :laughing:
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Poppy26 on April 06, 2014, 04:32:03 PM
Finally  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: CraigHB on April 06, 2014, 06:35:17 PM
Now wheres my stuff from China

My last China order took almost a month.  Got some atomizers using Fasttech.  Price was right if you don't mind the wait.
Title: Re: 1 penny micro USB charger through Amazon
Post by: Jasen on April 06, 2014, 06:54:49 PM
I don't mind waiting if your stocking up, just get impatient when building something :)

But this may be for the best. It's given me time to do more reading,research and see what others have built and learn more. I'm putting the original build on hold for something more fun. May build the original idea later as a back up.