Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: studiovape on April 10, 2014, 05:36:45 AM
-
Hi folks here is the ZMAX V2 Steampunk Bottom feeder I have been working on.
It has two brass tapwheels one on the top with a short thread for the 18350 configuration) to clamp the battery and make the - connection, and one in the front with a longer thread to allow for the shorter length of an 18650.
Tha temp gauge is again funtional, as it the big brass button that depresses the juice bottle for squonking.
this V2 board will fire a 1.2Ohm coil, and with the volts set at 4.8v that is 19.2watts @4Amps, but with a 1.5Ohm coil at 6v you get 24Watts @4Amps.
The wiring and soilder points have been majorly beefed up to aid in efficency along with the brass body and contacts, far superior to the original SS ZMAX V2 setup.
Again all parts were hand made with a pi;ar drill grinder, dremell and soldering iron.
I will include a few pics of some of the build for interest, as I never did with the copper version.
Cheers
SV
(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3719/13576236764_e491d807cf_o.jpg)
-
Simply a gorgeous build. :rockin smiley: Your design imagination is extraordinary and well done. :thumbsup:
-
Now that's a beautiful build and the craftsmanship is superb. You have a fine imagination. :rockin smiley:
Would love to see some of the build shots and a description of how you created the pipe work.
-
Very fine work mate. Amazingly stupendous.
;cheers;
-
Good job studio. I like this shiny one better.
-
Amazing. Just amazing. :begging:
-
Now that's a beautiful build and the craftsmanship is superb. You have a fine imagination. :rockin smiley:
Would love to see some of the build shots and a description of how you created the pipe work.
Building the Sqonk Button:
(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3689/13576534304_8940d85cce_o.jpg)
-
Now that's clean... Top shelf right there. :thumbsup:
-
Making the button and manifolds:
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7369/13576365855_4209257451_o.jpg)
-
Pipework and fittings:
(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3759/13576430733_d8d9cbb828_o.jpg)
-
Internals & Electrics:
(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3737/13576428833_79c95231ab_o.jpg)
-
Now that's very cool.
-
Studiovape :thankyou: Just shows how much thought went into this mod.
Cant workout if you soldered or glued the pipe work on?
-
Studiovape :thankyou: Just shows how much thought went into this mod.
Cant workout if you soldered or glued the pipe work on?
Epoxy this time. I used Tix solder last time, what a pile of poo that stuff is.
The epoxy is stronger and doesn't risk compromising the cases silver bearing solder joints, also no heat scale as a result.
I was in two mind about it for a while, but integrity is worth nothing when all you have is a pile of bits being bumped off all over the place. The fact that you can't tell is what it's all about in the end I suppose.
-
Studio
Very nicely done and well thought out! I like the silver color for some seams but you're right about Tix. It may have it's applications but I haven't found one for me! If you have mini jeweler torch there's some copper & brass solder seller on etsy and the colors stay very close to both copper and brass colors but you do need more heat than an iron. The jewelers mini torch ( oxy + propane) is great for getting to tiny places and small pieces. I'm playing with it now as I haven't used one in years but it's kinda like riding a bicycle as it's coming back to me. Now I just have to remember which pickle for which metals. :yes" Aaah yes Google what a tool!
-
gorgeous