Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: doobedoobedo on April 15, 2014, 07:21:14 PM

Title: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: doobedoobedo on April 15, 2014, 07:21:14 PM
I bought myself a Gus Aiolos (16mm) atty and wanted something small to put it in for out and about. This is what I ended up with. I think you can tell it's influenced at least a little by the microstick.

I'm making a second one as a present for my brother which will have an ego board in and probably a USB charger on-board.

The initial idea
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140320_205439_zps165f7186.jpg)

I was initially going to make 4 but holes drilled with a hand drill and insufficient space for wastage whittled it down to 2. I now have a drill press :).
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140328_193159_zpsc6db75e7.jpg)

Centre, top and bottom cut to thickness.
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140328_235538_zpse7cedcf7.jpg)

Battery pack and mosfet switch in the first one.
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140411_003558_zps4f571c30.jpg)

I've since removed the vero board. It was a bad idea to use adjacent tracks as I was constantly scared of causing a short with the soldering iron.
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140411_003606_zps64701950.jpg)

Getting there still need to add the back panel and the base, I've started rough shaping at the front
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140411_003615_zpsb5046e71.jpg)
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140411_003625_zps4171ccca.jpg)
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140411_003633_zpsab0dc865.jpg)

Next to my 3p mod, back is on and it's nearing it's final shape, still have to remove 5mm from the height.
The atty hole is so snug I've cross drilled a 6mm air hole to get some better air flow.
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140412_234538_zps06b3d4d8.jpg)
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140412_234603_zps549040d8.jpg)
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140412_234633_zpsd2a4ef8c.jpg)

Charge port at the top at the back. I'm going to make a charging dock for this one.
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140412_234555_zps9ae4a8da.jpg)


And all done
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140414_133017_zpsbc54a6de.jpg)
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140414_184002_zpsf1b79cf8.jpg)
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: doobedoobedo on April 15, 2014, 07:26:35 PM
Forgot to add final dimensions: 58mm high x 51mm long x 24mm at the widest part
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: Boonos on April 16, 2014, 12:06:27 AM
nice and tidy  :beer-toast:
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: thejewk on April 16, 2014, 05:34:24 AM
Said it before, but it bares repeating. Bliddy gorgeous.
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: Breaktru on April 16, 2014, 08:32:39 AM
Nice work doobe  ;cheers;
Looking good mate  :rockin smiley:
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: doobedoobedo on April 16, 2014, 08:46:15 AM
Thanks guys. I'm chuffed to bits with it myself. So easy to carry around in a pocket and enough capacity to last all day. Just wish the atty could hold a bit more juice ;).

Making mods is addictive and I'm still learning how best to put them together, and I think this is my best yet :D.
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: CraigHB on April 16, 2014, 05:14:56 PM
Yeah really nice looking.  Nice job and fun to see the photos.
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: doobedoobedo on April 19, 2014, 05:06:24 PM
Cheers Craig :)

Final update.

I decided to sqeeze a USB charge board in to number 2, this is the one for my brother. You may notice there's an Ego board nestled in there too.

(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140419_120507_zps801a3b14.jpg)

And all done

(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140419_200243_zps7124cc00.jpg)

The onboard USB charge board means the second one is a little bigger.

(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140419_194010_zps1e63d65e.jpg)
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140419_194033_zpse76b8c7a.jpg)
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140419_194049_zpsd7dfa544.jpg)
(http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/doobedoobedo2/micromod/20140419_194120_zps6ff96b83.jpg)
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: Breaktru on April 19, 2014, 05:29:41 PM
Beautiful  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: Mandro on April 20, 2014, 04:12:33 AM
Lovely looking mods  :rockin smiley:
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: shirl on April 20, 2014, 06:43:56 AM
Very purdy  :laughing:
Title: Re: unregulated 1500 mAh mini mod
Post by: doobedoobedo on April 20, 2014, 06:20:49 PM
 :thankyou: I might do a 22mm one next I think :)