Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: rhay80 on April 27, 2014, 02:04:16 PM

Title: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on April 27, 2014, 02:04:16 PM
this is my first attempt at making my own box, i have gutted and rebuilt an existing mod with an 04050 chip, this mod i am planning on using an okr t6 chip, with ptc fuses and reverse polarity. i will keep this updated with photos and description when necessary.

so the box itself;

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140427_084337_zpszu4uodcr.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140427_084337_zpszu4uodcr.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140427_084400_zpsqqarxwm5.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140427_084400_zpsqqarxwm5.jpg.html)

it has taken me a couple of evenings to get this far :)

today, i have finished the exterior and have started on the battery housing  ;)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140427_184140_zps4stkkmam.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140427_184140_zps4stkkmam.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140427_184149_zpsxw3xx8gy.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140427_184149_zpsxw3xx8gy.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140427_184019_zpslyzn7ore.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140427_184019_zpslyzn7ore.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140427_184211_zpswutmnr2i.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140427_184211_zpswutmnr2i.jpg.html)

the battery housing will obviously made to be a snug fit, and will also be glued in place. once i have decided on the position for everything, and the holes cut etc, i will lacquer inside and out to make it water tight :)

Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: Breaktru on April 27, 2014, 03:17:05 PM
Cool box build rhay. Very Oriental looking.  :rockin smiley:
Keep us updated. I hope your eFest batts live up to the task.
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on April 27, 2014, 03:30:09 PM
 scared: I hope so too lol. They are the only two batts I have that have never been used, early reports are reasonable. I have the 18500's which last me 3/4 of a day in a dna12 mod.

I have loads of modelling match sticks lying around from projects I did years ago :)
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: thejewk on April 29, 2014, 12:24:52 PM
Love the enclosure idea. Very unique.
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on April 29, 2014, 12:36:20 PM
Love the enclosure idea. Very unique.

Thanks, battery enclosure is almost finished. Made an adjustable 510 connector today. :)
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 02, 2014, 04:19:32 PM
as promised more piccies of the build progress, just waiting for some bits to arrive before final finishing :)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140502_194245_1_zpskwdm0npd.jpg) (http://"http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140502_194245_1_zpskwdm0npd.jpg.html")

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140502_194445_1_zpshod8whpb.jpg) (http://"http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140502_194445_1_zpshod8whpb.jpg.html")

This is my home made adjustable 510 connector

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140502_194519_1_zpsnlmdaumi.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140502_194519_1_zpsnlmdaumi.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: Breaktru on May 02, 2014, 04:36:00 PM
Looking good rhay.
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 02, 2014, 04:38:53 PM
Its slowly taking shape, the volt display will be for out put voltage, was bored last night after my incident with the pot lol, so cut the hole forthe display. Oh and it is green :)
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: Mimms on May 02, 2014, 04:48:39 PM
Very good and unique  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: Squance on May 02, 2014, 05:29:01 PM
Very well done mate  ;cheers;

The only suggestion I have is maybe a different fire button. Something more fancier.
Did you use a mosfet to break the heavy current thru the 50ma button? or did you use it on Pin 1?
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 02, 2014, 06:16:32 PM
It will be wired on pin 1 with a 10k resistor across pins 1-3, also with a zener diode to the switch. :)

Switches are hard to choose, got a bunch of tactile switches lying around so just used what I had :)
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: Visus on May 02, 2014, 08:04:14 PM
That had to forever to build wow
stain?  its gonna look like a sports court when sealed in

looking good

Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: Boonos on May 02, 2014, 11:29:41 PM
that looks very cool. how tough is it? would it survive if you dropped it?
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 03, 2014, 02:36:36 AM
That had to forever to build wow
stain?  its gonna look like a sports court when sealed in

looking good

Its taken about 5 evenings to get to this stage, but that's with wiring up the chip etc, I will just be using a clear lacquer on it.
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 03, 2014, 02:38:17 AM
that looks very cool. how tough is it? would it survive if you dropped it?

It is really tough actually, I have dropped it a couple of times, I use a decent wood glue, its a waterproof/weather proof adhesive.
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: runawaytrainn on May 04, 2014, 07:54:15 PM
  the matchstick idea is awesome! gives me an idea , I hope I have half the talent you do so I can make my mental picture a reality...
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: geothee on May 05, 2014, 09:17:05 AM
Congrats rhay :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 05, 2014, 03:57:14 PM
WOOT, :D its all finished now phew :) anyway follow up pictures of the final product.

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140505_163530_zpsy29rkloe.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140505_163530_zpsy29rkloe.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140505_163547_zpsjhucyevz.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140505_163547_zpsjhucyevz.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140505_191924_zpscjbjrdhd.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140505_191924_zpscjbjrdhd.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140505_163642_zpsseq2452r.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140505_163642_zpsseq2452r.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140505_163651_zpsk3lrkdup.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140505_163651_zpsk3lrkdup.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140505_163744_zpsplyjkhwk.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140505_163744_zpsplyjkhwk.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140505_163808_zpsnafdvtba.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140505_163808_zpsnafdvtba.jpg.html)

(http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/rhay80/vape%20stuff/20140505_164202_zpsniozq6o1.jpg) (http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/rhay80/media/vape%20stuff/20140505_164202_zpsniozq6o1.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: Breaktru on May 05, 2014, 05:09:28 PM
Looks even better completed. Nice vapor production too.
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 05, 2014, 05:47:42 PM
Thanks breaktru, its a single coil 0.4 ribbon kanthal @ 1.4 ohms running 3.9v :)
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: Visus on May 05, 2014, 06:26:02 PM
Way cool

Are you sure thats a 4050 looks like a series batt config?  Maybe not see it proper..
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 06, 2014, 01:05:55 AM
In my op I said I had only done builds with an 04050, this was my first build using the okr t/6 chip :)
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: CraigHB on May 06, 2014, 02:50:20 AM
Excellent, that's a cool pot with the hex drive.
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 06, 2014, 06:17:04 AM
They are from stealthvape, you can get several different wheels/spindles for it too, or leave it as I did :)
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 07, 2014, 04:11:49 PM
Origen duel micro coil @ 0.8 ohms :lol:

http://youtu.be/qqRv_hlD1SM
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: Breaktru on May 07, 2014, 04:27:34 PM
Great vapor production That's 17.298 Watts
It's working well rhay
Title: Re: Russell's box mods...
Post by: rhay80 on May 07, 2014, 04:31:32 PM
It was firing fine @3.9v but turned it down to 3.7 as that was more comfortable, but yeah it's going great.

The purple efests are holding up well, after 4 hrs of moderate to heaving vaping, both batteries read 3.68v :)