Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: CraigHB on May 23, 2014, 05:14:55 PM
-
I got a couple samples of the new FatDaddy 510 modders connector. Thanks for sending those my way Littlefeather.
I have to say I'm really impressed with these parts. There is really zero complaints with them. Just a great design. There was a good amount of development work behind these connectors and it shows. What's really amazes me is the price. These are easily worth twice what they're selling for.
Anyway, just wanted to say how nice these parts are on the forum instead of in PM.
-
Got 2 yesterday. Thanks Littlefeather
I agree with Craig. Zero complaints. Luv them.
-
Wow its done
Its gorgeous :thumbsup:
Thanks to all involved must order and the heads up, I missed the post in parts.. :beer-toast:
OT
Fatdaddy looks nothing like I imaged thinking one way but bunnyranch style way he does..
http://fatdaddyvapes.com/index.html
-
Just looking at the specs, there is nothing I don't love about these. I'm so stoked to get mine in.
-
I got 3 connectors waiting to go into builds this week. If I had funds I'd go get 500 right now, by far it is the best connector I have seen for modders.
-
definitely gonna pic a few up once there back in stock. they look awesome.
-
Got a couple on order before they sold out. These are killer 510s, can't wait to get them in the mail!
-
Yes, thanks so much LittleFeather. I got the 2 samples and already have them in mods.
They're great and I bought myself a stockup stash.
There are a few issues - minor though. If you look along the airflow slots some have thin metal slivers that needs shaved off at the inner edge. And some are threading kind of rough and need Noalox or some kind of lube to smooth out the threading.
Other than that, it's truly great modders now have quality ss connectors and wowza at a great price too.
(http://www.mamumods.com/pics/fdv510.png)
-
Yes, thanks so much LittleFeather. I got the 2 samples and already have them in mods.
They're great and I bought myself a stockup stash.
There are a few issues - minor though. If you look along the airflow slots some have thin metal slivers that needs shaved off at the inner edge. And some are threading kind of rough and need Noalox or some kind of lube to smooth out the threading.
Other than that, it's truly great modders now have quality ss connectors and wowza at a great price too.
They look great on your mods mamu. Quality 510's on quality built mods :thumbsup:
And yes, thank you Little Feather. You rock :rockin smiley:
-
Good god mamu. Every time I see your mods I am jealous of your craftsmanship skills!
-
Thanks for the kind words, Breaktru and Claviger.
I can't take credit - you can credit my OCD and magic stash of fairy dust and unicorn sprinkles though. :laughing2:
Lexi-Nivel I did the upgrade for a friend and Sam is like Lexi's ghetto cousin. I put the OKL2-T20 in Sam with dual 18650 batts and it is my modder's mod buddy. If it gets flux goo or epoxy or solder burns on it is aok. I have a Sam DNA modder's mod buddy too and it def needed a break from the goo. Pretty soon I'll have a matching set of goo mods. :laughing:
I kid I kid lol Sam cleans up pretty good with isopropyl alcohol.
-
Got a couple on order before they sold out. These are killer 510s, can't wait to get them in the mail!
He sold 2500 of those already!!?? cant_believe:
-
It has to be the best 510 out there.
Support Dennis for all the trouble he went thru to make these for us modders.
Buy a shit load
-
I have used these already in a few mods with the optional ring and just love them.
I did have a few I needed to file down the lip on the center pin as it drug on the insulator and in turn was not very springy, aside from that very solid ;bow;
-
These tiny imperfections are to be expected at the speed and price they came out. For the target audience, they're seriously minor. Can't wait for mine to come in!
-
got 2 myself cant wait to install them
-
I just finished a mod with one of these and I have to say these 510's are the best!!!!! Awesome craftsmanship!!!! I ordered 4 when they were first released and I will
Be getting more as soon as they are back in stock. Big thanks to FatDaddy and everyone involved in this project.
-
To any one with one of these connectors in hand.... can someone Please give me a depth measurement from the bottom of the collar to the base of the connector. In other words how much depth do i need to account for inside the body of my mod?
Thank you in advance..
-
Mine measured at just under 1/2 inch. Sorry, I can't give you a more accurate measurement, as my wife put my micrometer away and I can't find it. :facepalm:
-
It's 10mm from the inside of the flange to the back of the cap that holds the center pin. However, the pin floats so you need as much as 2 mm for pin travel plus at least another mm for the wire connection to the post. In total, you should allow 13mm inside the enclosure less the wall thickness. So, if your enclosure has a 2mm wall, you would need an additional 11mm past that. The nut is 2mm thick and 15mm wide so you need room for that as well.
That is the one negative on these connectors, they do require a rather liberal amount of depth in the mod. My own connectors (the ones I posted drawings for) require 6mm plus a mm for the wire connection. There's an additional 6mm of overhead with the FatDaddy connectors. That's the price you pay for a floating center post.
-
i ordered some of the standard 510 connectors, (6 sets) and he sent me two extra connectors and 1 of the newer floating pin connectors for free :)
saving it for my dna 30 build i am planning :)
-
Thank you all for the kind words and your efforts. This was surely a great group effort and I was just the new kid on the block with a big mouth! LOL! Thanks to Mamu, Breaktru, Baggood, CraigHB, and last but not least Dennis (Fatdaddy) for having the channels to get this done. While we all may have different likes and dislikes a quality 510 connector was the weak point for modders and design innovation. Things like this will put that many more vapors in the world and that's a good thing IMHO. And because we get to play and innovate is a bonus. Oh yeah! And Vape our innovations!
And a special thanks to Bapgood for working with Dennis and the design drawings. I believe had it not been for Bap we would all still be in a holding pattern.
Adult beverages for all the uuum adults! Yeah, that's the ticket. ;cheers;
-
Ya, I'm def waiting for a restock on them. I have exactly 0 510 connectors on hand. Seems to be worth the wait though.
-
I wish I woulda gotten more I only bought 2 had I known they were gonna be out like the raptors were last week I woulda stocked up :( those things are like gold kinda right now huh? Lol
-
Just received one of these from a friend who bought some on a group buy, absolutely fantastic 510 and just what i have been waiting for :thumbsup:
Only major problem i have now is that the group buy didn't include the 22mm washer, i have looked everywhere over the last two days and nothing, it's the only thing holding me back from a complete mod :( :help:
-
Gotta try those!
-
Love these connectors, I just installed one in a mod I repaired for a friend. He'll be really happy. It's working wonderfully. The flush look is great with the optional 22mm washer.
-
Just found these...first one is working great !
(http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n598/Wharf-Rat/920c4deb-fea6-4ca8-bc64-fcdea54ccf62.jpg) (http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/Wharf-Rat/media/920c4deb-fea6-4ca8-bc64-fcdea54ccf62.jpg.html)
-
I dun like em, sit to proud like a ufo hovering on top, im a seamless flush fan, needs either countersunk and better machining to flush deck properly, Boo
I do like it wont strip threads after a year but makes me have to work more countersinking.. Yell at your guy fatdaddy that is not a 0 deck -- like its warped a bit I betcha when used vertical mill to cut grooves thats what is happs, rushing..
-
I have been using a few of these 510's, I love them in 22mm mode. I build wooden boxes (I am a wood worker by trade) so I counter sink them in the top of my mods. the set absolutly flush with the top od the box, and the work great too. I have 4 left and will order more as soon as I can.
-
Countersunk they cannot be beat for appearance they are made to be countersunk IMO just the edge protruding by a mm or two or three oh yeah.. But countersinking is not easy to do without a drill press :no:
Any pics of it countersunk in those mods?
-
I don't use a drill press on mine I have found a more presice way to do it. I made a template out of baltic birch plywood and some masonite hardboard. I use a bushing set up on my router with a paternmaking bit that has a bearing the touches the template and keeps it from going to far. I have mine set up to make the resess the exact size of the 510 with the 22mm washer on it. set the depth of the router cut to the exact deminsion of the 510 and go to town it take less set up time if you are goint to do more than one,and it cuts a much cleaner cut you won't even have to sand.
Creedthevaper
p.s. I use the same method building my mod stands I have 5 different styles and 5 different templates. it takes about 60 seconds to cut one out. verses marking everything and then using a drill press to make the holes. you can get a bettter fit because you are not limited to a known drillbit size and the cuts are clean and have no ugly marks at the bottm.
-
Way beyond using a paddle or forstner, keyhole and chisel :laughing2:
Thats master level there niice explains.. :thumbsup:
-
Yes it does take a bit t first but once you get the jig made it takes only seconds to do the job and the results are worth ther effort. I am a Luthier by trade (a guitar maker) I guess very accurate wood working is in the blood.
Mick
-
They are in stock at fat daddys right now. I just ordered 10. They are amazing