Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: bullcross on May 27, 2014, 04:24:20 PM

Title: noob question . what buttons
Post by: bullcross on May 27, 2014, 04:24:20 PM
Hi all , can anyone recommend fire button and tactile to suit a dna30 .
First box mod :) yikes
Title: Re: noob question . what buttons
Post by: JasonV on May 28, 2014, 04:43:55 PM
I went to my local Radioshack and got my fire and tactile. They have a large selection for you to personalize your mod.
Title: Re: noob question . what buttons
Post by: Visus on May 28, 2014, 06:42:08 PM
You can use any button you like on the dna theres thousands of choices my favorite so far are the light up leds but you have to make another circuit for it.

Heres breaks schematic for this type led switch.
(http://breaktru.com/temp2/okr_illum_pb.jpg)





Heres ecf's Vapant schematic for parallel switch led button switch using a transistor PN2222A on the atomizer output..
(http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b481/Antrowe/20130515_1148550_zps99edfea8.jpg)

Outcome
(http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/modding-forum/330486d1398739032-wiring-led-button-switch-vw-mod-img_0599.jpg)

The guy who asked how to do it,  the switch,  it was his 1st mod he hit it out the ballpark eh..
Title: Re: noob question . what buttons
Post by: BigHoffy on June 05, 2014, 04:14:17 PM
you guys think these two buttons will work with a sx350 both for fire an voltage up/down.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CK-Components/KSA0M332LFT/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsgGjVA3toVBOjLgGZA5A1OjEAeWKoG718%3d

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CK-Components/PTS645VL31-LFS/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsgGjVA3toVBBpDTNTTW0j3WypSFFI2R0o%3d

This is going to be my first mod also, I was trying to find the KSJ0M011 button but haven't found any in stock. I was planning on making my own cover anyway so I don't care about looks, nor do I want a light up version as my finger will be on it when being used.
Title: Re: noob question . what buttons
Post by: Suzukiv6 on June 06, 2014, 03:07:05 PM
Hi bigHoffy, the tactile switches I use are  for sale on eBay , here is the link. They are reasonably priced.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181089461600?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649&clk_rvr_id=645445709337
Title: Re: noob question . what buttons
Post by: BigHoffy on June 06, 2014, 05:14:24 PM
Dam 2-3 week delivery time. I think I am going to look around a little bit. price is about the same as from mouser. I really wish mouser had those buttons in stock though. as far as the required force to push the buttons the ones I posted are similar. the ksj0m011 is 100gf, and the ones I posted are 1.3 newtons which = 132gf. I am beginning to think it would behoove me to wait it out on the buttons and just use the supplied button with the sx350. no matter what I still have time to work with, the 510 connector I want is at fatdaddyvapes and they wont be in until the 6/15/14 or so. that thing is super awesome though.