Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: iusedtoanalog on May 28, 2014, 12:40:33 AM

Title: Hi Guys and Gals. New box, same old mod...
Post by: iusedtoanalog on May 28, 2014, 12:40:33 AM
So I found a good deal on these Panasonic batteries, and my old 18500 mod was getting to be a little long in the tooth so I started looking through my box of  parts and figured the Hammond 1591m box should do well, at least in a pinch... Still had a couple okr t10 chips and pots etc... so a couple hours later( and a bit of swearing) This is what I came up with.... trimmed the box depth to 22mm wrapped it in carbon film to cover the two epoxied screw holes as well as give it some kind of grip


I am highly impressed with these batteries, for me I can get a full day of use at 5.5v on a 1ohm coil, not too bad considering my 18500 version had me carrying around two full sets of spares......
Title: Re: Hi Guys and Gals. New box, same old mod...
Post by: thejewk on May 28, 2014, 05:48:56 AM
Very tidy mate, I would be very pleased with that.
Title: Re: Hi Guys and Gals. New box, same old mod...
Post by: memoevapor on May 28, 2014, 06:21:16 AM
 :rockin smiley: Nicely done!
Title: Re: Hi Guys and Gals. New box, same old mod...
Post by: Breaktru on May 28, 2014, 07:54:22 AM
Good job and nice size  :rockin smiley:
Title: Re: Hi Guys and Gals. New box, same old mod...
Post by: Visus on May 28, 2014, 10:27:15 AM
likes it a lot thats tight clearances there

 :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Hi Guys and Gals. New box, same old mod...
Post by: iusedtoanalog on May 28, 2014, 11:28:15 AM
It surely is close... i have about 7mm on left and right and about 6mm on top. I had to cut the 510 connector to the bare flat where the pin seats in. The first build on this had epoxy around the connector which wasn't secure enough. I removed all of that and used some jb weld marine and it is now about a month  as my all day device without any wobble on the connector...

Thanks for the words of encouragement...