Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: Romelee on June 06, 2014, 11:47:17 AM
-
Due to RL and many other things this will be my last mod i will make, this one will be special as at last a decent 510 connector is out, plus i won't be coating it myself i will be sending it away for either powder coating or anodised....ain't figured out what is best yet.
Also a bit stuck atm with the 510 as i ain't got the 22mm washer and fatdaddy is out of stock atm :(
This mod will be for my own use because out of all the mods i made i did not keep one for myself :laughing2:
Chip:
YiHi SX350 Chip
5W-35W Variable Wattage (Soon to be upgraded to 50W via USB software update)
1.5V-9.5V Variable Voltage
Handles 0.2 ohm- 3.0 ohm Atomizer
Single Battery DC to DC Sustain Subohm 0.2 to 3.0 ohm VV/VW 5W to 30W 1.5V to 9.5V
Output Volt can be Increased or Decreased which is different from dna30
By-pass (direct connection) mode, if you choose this mode, can be used like mechanical mod
Gravity Sensor change the power automatically
Reverse polarity protection
0.66" OLED Screen
Upgradeable chip via USB
510 Connector:
Spring loaded 510 connector
Fire Button:
18mm Flat Vandal Proof Button
Box size:
Height=100mm Width=50mm Depth=25mm
Finish:
Powder coated with scratch resistance or anodised.
Colour TBA
Battery:
Keystone 18650 single cell battery holder
Layout:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/SpreadsheetLayout_zpsd0e17d88.jpg)
All the parts needed to build it:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/1_zpsf92d43de.jpg)
All holes marked up and ready to be drilled:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/P1010140_zps8661512a.jpg)
All holes drilled and display / usb cut-out, am really happy how the display cut-out turned out with just using needle files, ain't got a clue why the USB cut-out looks like it has a nick on the left side of it, think my camera is playing games:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/P1010143_zps83ad5296.jpg)
Everything is now all wired up:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/P1010145_zps7c11896d.jpg)
Left to do:
Get my hands on the 22mm washer for the 510
Put a 2mm window into the display cut-out
Get the box coated
Epoxy all parts in place
Solder all connections
More pictures to follow as and when i get to do more to the box.............
-
Looks like a great final mod :laughing2: I've said that before.
-
:popcorn:
-
Is that a Bulgin switch? Does it have a "click" when depressed or smooth to bottom position?
-
Is that a Bulgin switch? Does it have a "click" when depressed or smooth to bottom position?
It's this one: http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/electronic-cigarette-mod-parts/ecig-mod-parts-momentary-switches/16mm-vandal-proof-switch-flat
-
Those cut outs look awesome - you are MUCH more capable with a needle file than I'll ever be!
-
:) So Romelee, how is your new mod coming? ;) Or should I say newest or newer ?
-
:) So Romelee, how is your new mod coming? ;) Or should I say newest or newer ?
Decided not to get it powder coated, the coaters just take the pi$$ with costs starting with the minimum costs and adding extra costs as they go along so i am doing my own coating which is:
1 x Coat of self etching primer which is acid based for the best adhesion
3 x Coats of high build primer
5 x Coats of satin black colour spray
4 x Coats of satin lacquer
Also what swayed me with not having powder coated is the fact that i look after my mods so i don't think i will get any problems with the coating, and as it is for my own use even better.
(Some people just don't treat a mod with care)
So all i have done so far is this: 1 x Coat of self etching primer which is acid based for the best adhesion:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/P1010154_zpsb71cceef.jpg)
At present i am very busy moving home so i am finding it very hard to do anything to the mod but hopefully tomorrow i will be doing the:
3 x Coats of high build primer and then 24hrs later the 5 x Coats of satin black colour spray followed shortly with 4 x Coats of satin lacquer
-
I've been spray painting my mods. I've tried a bunch of different paints. Lacquer seems to hold up really well in terms of scratch resistance, the stuff is hard, but I've had trouble with solvent tolerance. You might want to check that lacquer against rubbing alcohol and juice.
-
I've been spray painting my mods. I've tried a bunch of different paints. Lacquer seems to hold up really well in terms of scratch resistance, the stuff is hard, but I've had trouble with solvent tolerance. You might want to check that lacquer against rubbing alcohol and juice.
Yep i learnt the hard way with that, for some moment of madness i once on a old mod decided to clean it with Isopropyl Alcohol Doh: big mistake.
Box all coated, decided on black in the end as i have plenty of silver mods:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/P1010158_zpsbffa5fba.jpg)
-
Excellent paint job.
I'm curious. Would a coat of car wax help protect the finish? Say like pure Carnuba wax. Not a cleaner wax.
-
Such a clean looking box after prep. How might I ask do you get such fantastic cut outs? That is the one thing I am really not sure how to do on these things.
-
Such a clean looking box after prep. How might I ask do you get such fantastic cut outs? That is the one thing I am really not sure how to do on these things.
For the circles i drill a 2mm hole and then just use a taper reamer to make the holes bigger
For the USB and display window i mark the box like the picture above and drill 2mm holes so i can fit a needle file in and just file away very carefully until i have the cutout needed.
-
@Romelee, I suspected that is how you did the squares but man, you really did a fantastic job. Time for me to go get a needle file :P
-
It takes patience, a good eye and a steady hand. Great work on the square cutout Romelee ;cheers;
-
Yes, it's really hard to get a perfect square or rectangle so you have it down to an art.
I've done other non-ecig projects where I needed a square cut-out for a display and it was tough to get it looking nice, usually it's only good enough. The boxes for my e-cig mods I send out so I don't have to do it on those.
-
Such a clean looking box after prep. How might I ask do you get such fantastic cut outs? That is the one thing I am really not sure how to do on these things.
It helps to mark the layout with a template and utility knife, then you file the line away, nd it still takes patience.
-
Thanks all for the kind words ;cheers;
Mod is 99% complete, just waiting on the fatdaddy 22mm washer to arrive for the 510 and then it's just a case then of soldering the pos/neg wires and it's done :popcorn:
Already got a Origen v2 dual micro coiled waiting to be put on the beast.
-
All finished:
The sprung loaded 510 connector was well worth the wait, love it:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/1_zps2acbf803.jpg)
Different views of the mod:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/2_zpsb29de180.jpg)
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/3_zpsefa089b0.jpg)
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/4_zpsc6931e70.jpg)
Origen v2 dual coils firing up nicely:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/5_zps67e0b85b.jpg)
Origen v2 sitting nice and snug on the 510 and mod:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/6_zpsf8497910.jpg)
Some views of the mod compared size wise next to the Innokin VTR:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/7_zps1656a3ea.jpg)
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/8_zps4f30da68.jpg)
;cheers;
-
Looking real good M8.
Congrats on your mod. It was worth the wait ;cheers;
-
Forgot to add piccy of the inside:
(http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b536/Rome241270/P1010177_zps72f623db.jpg)
-
Sweet looking Mod! :rockin smiley: Afraid I'm going to have to buy one of those SX350's... Wiefy's gonna yell at me again! ;) Does anyone know if the spring in those 510 connectors carry any of the current? Thanks!
-
Beautiffull job. Very tidy and the finish looks excellant. Mind if I ask how you secured the screen? or is the board just held in place up wedging it up against against the outer casing?
-
Sweet looking Mod! :rockin smiley: Afraid I'm going to have to buy one of those SX350's... Wiefy's gonna yell at me again! ;) Does anyone know if the spring in those 510 connectors carry any of the current? Thanks!
Off FDV's site
510 Connectors for Box Mods
Spring loaded 510 connectors with direct solder point on positive post. Spring is not part of the conduction. Comes with solder collars and hex nuts.
-
Off FDV's site
Doh: Well..that's embarrassing! Suppose I should read the product descriptions and not just look at the purrrty pictures. :thankyou:
-
Your just a kid in candy store :)
-
Clean as usual Rom
Way to leave, until ya leave again, high power
that chip will hit 100watts and higher before its said
check the sx350 post it truly is a good bargain.
:thumbsup:
-
Your internals look very clean! Can you or anyone else tell me how you secured the chip? Looking for specifics. Did you glue or epoxy the screen or the chip? If so, where exactly? Preparing for my first build and collecting all the info I can. Thanks in advance!
-
Your internals look very clean! Can you or anyone else tell me how you secured the chip? Looking for specifics. Did you glue or epoxy the screen or the chip? If so, where exactly? Preparing for my first build and collecting all the info I can. Thanks in advance!
I just put some epoxy at the bottom edges of the chip by about 2mm deep/high.
Makes a solid fit.