Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: fusionboy on June 30, 2014, 04:23:03 AM
-
Needless to say, you get what you pay for. The chip won't put out more than 6 volts regardless of what the display says. I'll post video if anyone is interested. With a 1.8 ohm coil the voltage range was 2.9-6v and the wattage range according to the math was 5-20 watts.
http://youtu.be/_2qvXmXZmJI
The iPad had issues refocusing on the OLED so that's why there's breaks in between shots X-/
-
yes interested, video please :)
i never yet hear complained about unreachable max output (30W) regarding this DNA30 clone. a lot of burned MOSFET, yes lol.
-
30 watts should be attainable, just not with the 1.8 ohm coil I had at the time. The volts and amps are inversely proportional, so with a lower coil of 1.2, that'll be 30 watts at 6 volts. I'll test more when I get home. It was having trouble firing the .55 ohm coil for my dripper and I needed some sleepy time and didn't mess with any other coils. ;)
-
I ordered this chip so I would have a couple build under my belt before I do something more expensive. (SX350)
I'm going to learn the nuances on this first. I hope it works well though, because you know how we get all sentimental over that first one.
Yes pictures please.
-
Sellers statement:
"Compatible with 0.5ohm~3.3ohm atomizers" lol they tricky much
But it doesn't say how its compatible @3.3 ohms or how you get to 30 watts. :yes"
For the money its a great chip only thing, hopefully you dont short it and blow that mosfet..
Its no DNA but close enough for most.
-
I'm sure it will be good enough for this first build. Would be nice if it was as good as a DNA. At the price it should be a great little mod.
-
I'm sure it will be good enough for this first build. Would be nice if it was as good as a DNA. At the price it should be a great little mod.
All depending on if you use my monkey captain juice, if not it will always be subpar. lol
nah no worries, more than sure ya already know the numbers, almsot identical to oem dna it has it quirks tho.. but I heard it will do a .34
-
Sellers statement:
"Compatible with 0.5ohm~3.3ohm atomizers" lol they tricky much
But it doesn't say how its compatible @3.3 ohms or how you get to 30 watts. :yes"
For the money its a great chip only thing, hopefully you dont short it and blow that mosfet..
Its no DNA but close enough for most.
Lol! Ya, it should read "sometimes it's 30 watts..." I don't mind that it doesn't put out more than 6 volts, it would just be nice if they didn't state it'll put out 8. Maybe there's some of the FT ones that do. I haven't been able to find any other user numbers out there. :D