Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: oleskool on July 10, 2014, 09:04:41 PM

Title: DNA 30 ?'s
Post by: oleskool on July 10, 2014, 09:04:41 PM
So I'm getting together parts for my cheap, test build (fasttech). I want to be sure I'm doing everything correctly.
I will just make this my questions thread. Looking at the fire switch, I found one I like that has Max Switch Rating: 3A/250VAC.
Will this work?
Title: Re: DNA 30 ?'s
Post by: kortt on July 11, 2014, 12:13:29 AM
If you are building a mod with a DNA30 chip your fire button does not need a power rating as it only serves to send a logic command to the module which handles the power regulation.  Pretty much any normally open momentary switch will work.
Title: Re: DNA 30 ?'s
Post by: oleskool on July 11, 2014, 12:25:15 AM
Thanks. Just wanted to be sure.
Title: Re: DNA 30 ?'s
Post by: oleskool on July 17, 2014, 10:37:20 PM
So I have changed my plan from dual parallel 18650's to dual 1200mah lipo.
Pretty much following Mamu's Milo build. I have a box on hand that is perfect for these li lipo's.
In the plans for this build the batteries are fused together, is this still the way to go, or should I use 2 6A hold fuses in parallel on each battery?(DNA30)
Will these fuses be a good choice http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=RGEF600K-APvirtualkey65000000virtualkey650-RGEF600K-AP
I hope I can get a response from Mamu on this one. If I decide to use the acrylic for a lid is it completely see through, also is it easy to sand the edges for a clean fit? This is the acrylic I am speaking of, maybe a shade darker.http://www.acrylite-shop.com/US/us/details.htm?$product=61x83fmg404~p&$category=f0p5v3qaql1
Title: Re: DNA 30 ?'s
Post by: CraigHB on July 18, 2014, 05:01:48 AM
In the plans for this build the batteries are fused together, is this still the way to go, or should I use 2 6A hold fuses in parallel on each battery?

That would be too high of a trip current.  If you want to use 4 fuses, you need half that hold current rating.

I assume you'll be hard-wiring the LiPos.  In that case, you don't have to worry about any of the issues that come with removable cells like reverse polarity or mismatch charge for parallel cells.  Since the DNA has overload and short-circuit protection, you can probably neglect the fuses altogether.  Though, it's never a bad idea to have fuses inline as a backup protection. 

To fuse two hardwired parallel cells, you can ether put a fuse on each cell or two fuses in parallel inline with the power connection to the board.  Either way makes no difference.  For parallel removable cells, you want a fuse on each battery individually.
Title: Re: DNA 30 ?'s
Post by: mamu on July 18, 2014, 11:05:55 AM
For the Milo door, I use 7C026 and remove the thin transparent plastic piece covering the DNA screen.  7C026 is a bit darker than 7C024 and the wiring and background under the door doesn't show through.

I use 7C024 for the insert in my DNA 3D printed frame and leave the thin transparent plastic piece on the DNA screen.

Yes, after cutting sand the edges smooth.
Title: Re: DNA 30 ?'s
Post by: oleskool on July 18, 2014, 04:49:29 PM
Thanks. I understand now, you only need to fuse removable batteries separately.
So two of the fuses posted above, in parallel will work?
Mamu  7C026 is Gray in color. I'm going  to try 8C030.
Title: Re: DNA 30 ?'s
Post by: CraigHB on July 18, 2014, 08:59:16 PM
So two of the fuses posted above, in parallel will work?

Yes, 12A hold, 20A trip for the both in parallel which is good.  They're big suckers, check the dimensions in the listing. 

For something smaller I would suggest these;

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/1210L450SLWR/F5790CT-ND/3661932

They're quite small and perform just as well.  Though two in parallel is only a 9A hold, the trip current is 18A which is plenty high enough.