Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: ro0bi on July 17, 2014, 11:02:06 AM

Title: FT DNA30 in a power bank box
Post by: ro0bi on July 17, 2014, 11:02:06 AM
This is my first ever mod, based on FT DNA30 with two 18650 squeezed in FT power bank enclosure.
I have used multi-directional switch for power and adjustment so there is only one button to operate.
It also has the 510 with floating pin, let me know your thoughts.

Title: Re: FT DNA30 in a power bank box
Post by: Breaktru on July 17, 2014, 01:57:15 PM
Sweet looking power bank enclosure. Nice work fitting in the display and multi-directional switch
Title: Re: FT DNA30 in a power bank box
Post by: ro0bi on July 17, 2014, 02:13:00 PM
Thanks, I am honoured getting a complement from yourself.
I have to admit this was a challenge as space was very limited, the PCB touches the batteries on one side and the top of the box on the other, and the enclosure was designed for 14650's and snap-on so I wasn't sure it will close until the final assembly. 
Title: Re: FT DNA30 in a power bank box
Post by: Littlefeather on July 17, 2014, 03:07:27 PM
Sharp looking gear there. Well done! Be careful! It's addictive!
Title: Re: FT DNA30 in a power bank box
Post by: Jasen on July 17, 2014, 10:31:52 PM
Very sleek
Title: Re: FT DNA30 in a power bank box
Post by: Visus on July 17, 2014, 10:52:08 PM
Niice build on that enclosure

The switch is killer sauced, how does it go?  up down for fire,  left right adjust?
Title: Re: FT DNA30 in a power bank box
Post by: ro0bi on July 17, 2014, 11:07:28 PM
Thanks, the switch is 5 way. 
I have used push for fire and sideways for adjustment, I regret not using up or down for locking the adjustment ie simultaneous actuation of +&-  Doh:
Title: Re: FT DNA30 in a power bank box
Post by: david4500 on July 20, 2014, 10:50:20 PM
Really amazing mod, well done. Would you mind sharing a link to the switch you used? Thanks!
Title: Re: FT DNA30 in a power bank box
Post by: ro0bi on July 20, 2014, 11:05:58 PM
Thanks, I have used this one:
https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/tactile-switches/6926973/