Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Modding => Parts for Mods => Topic started by: BillsBerryDB3 on September 15, 2014, 09:11:38 PM
-
After searching on digikey and mouser, they are all sold out. i read somewhere, someone bought them all and is selling them on ebay. i dont know how true that is. anyway...
i went to the keystone website and just threw in a sample request and i got an email the next day (today actually)...
Bill:
Thank you for contacting Keystone Electronics. We've been told by OEMs that our holders drop much less voltage than holders sourced from China, making them ideal for use in vapor technology.
Before we send your samples I wanted to make sure you wanted a holder for polarized cells. The polarized 18650 cells are longer than the regular cells. Almost all of the box mod makers who buy our parts want the standard surface mount holders -- the 1042 (single sell) and/or the 1048 (double cell). Please get back to me confirm that you want to/are considering using polarized cells.
I also encourage you to check out part 54 -- a clip that will hold a 18650 cell. Other box mod makers have been considering using them instead of a sled. I think they might afford more flexibility in terms of product design. In addition, there has been interest in sleds for the new 22650 cells. While we don't yet have a sled, we do have clips. The 22650 is the same diameter as a traditional C cell, so our C clips will work with a 22650. Take a look at part 86 or 87.
Let me know and I'll be glad to send your samples.
We will be at the B2B portion of the Vapor Dynasty Expo 2014 in AZ on October 23. Hope to see you there!
Best Regards,
Trent Haywood
Keystone Electronics
31-07 20th Road
Astoria NY 11105
800-221-5510 x 227
Fax: 718-956-9040
trent@keyelco.com
www.keyelco.com
i emailed back and am waiting for a reply. just thought id share the info!
-
Interesting, they must be selling enough of them for use in e-cigs to take note of it.
-
Bill:
Good morning. I have processed your request for a 1048 & 1042.
For additional quantities, most of our business goes through distribution. We are mainly a factory and not set up to take a heavy volume of direct orders. I have attached a distributor list for your reference. Any distributor will be able to facilitate an order. We are in the middle of making the 1048s now and should have stock to send out in about a week or two to cover distributor backorders in about a week. The distributor who has the most 1048s on backorder is Mouser Electronics.
Several distributors have stock of the 1042s on hand.
Best Regards
Trent
Samples sent:
1 - 1048 - SMT Holder for Dual 18650 Batteries
1 - 1042 - SM BATTERY HOLDER
Email I received today. All in all. 2 days to get 2 samples. I just went with one. I didn't want to be greedy
-
I got my sample today! I can safely confirm this. 3 days for a sample straight from the mfgr
-
I got my sample today! I can safely confirm this. 3 days for a sample straight from the mfgr
Good for you Bill :rockin smiley:
-
woot
Yeah they sent me some samples too
I str8 as the kids say jacked them. 4 sleds, 4 battery boxes, a couple contacts, some jacks, ,and whatever wasn't nailed to the floor.
The rep even called asked if I wanted his wife too..
jK
Got into a good conversation with the rep and it worked out that way, he also vaped but had not made a mod yet so I showed him Breaktru so he is probably reading this saying yeah Visus is the man...
lol
-
keystone 1048 are on mouser if anyone is looking
91 left as of the time of this post
-
Some nice info and suggestions from the Keystone rep's emails. Thanks for posting that.
-
Keystone 18650 Battery Holders (http://www.digikey.com/product-highlights/en/pcb-plastic-18650-battery-holders/53106?wt.medium=email&wt.mc_id=em_Product_Alert_Flight_A_US_2015_01&wt.z_email=72059_Keystone_NPA1501AB0US&wt.v_sub=3670949)
-
I know this thread is a little old, but I just thought I'd add my two cents. I got my first pair of Keystone sleds directly from them as samples, and free shipping! Great company.
-
Nice score bam :rockin smiley: