Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Parts for Mods => Topic started by: Jasen on November 07, 2014, 11:18:13 PM

Title: DNA40 cradle
Post by: Jasen on November 07, 2014, 11:18:13 PM
Darthpistachio over at POTV has this in BETA at Sculpteo and Shapeways 



http://www.sculpteo.com/en/print/dna40_chip_mount_fp_2014/QBUBV7Hx?uuid=sI3YWy45N1wxkgXjcXKW2f (http://www.sculpteo.com/en/print/dna40_chip_mount_fp_2014/QBUBV7Hx?uuid=sI3YWy45N1wxkgXjcXKW2f)
Title: Re: DNA40 cradle
Post by: Breaktru on November 08, 2014, 06:42:53 AM
Cool!
I see it has a warning: BETA VERSION - ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Can anyone confirm that it fits?
Title: Re: DNA40 cradle
Post by: wa9w00d on November 08, 2014, 08:21:46 AM
I get a "Design not found" at that link, but I have my firefox settings tighter than most people use.

FYI, Sanjosse has a DNA 20 and 30 cradle up on shapeways, been tested by several on ECF, and he's prototyping a DNA 40 now.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/embreydesign

Ah, the site has to give you a cookie. exceptioned sculptio.com and it worked.

Looks like this is more of a "general purpose" design, where sanjosse's is drop in for a hana style box, though I guess it could be modded for other apps.
Title: Re: DNA40 cradle
Post by: Jasen on November 08, 2014, 10:35:11 AM
Dave he just posted that up at POTV on 11/6

Quote
I've just uploaded a design for a DNA 40 chip mount to Sculpteo and Shapeways - I haven't received one myself yet to test fit it - just giving you guys a heads up on its existence for the moment...

It's designed primarily for a C/Hana styled enclosure but could be used in any suitable enclosure really.. I'm totally open to requests for different designs along the same lines once I have surmised the core sections don't need modification - additional sections would be relatively easy to add on to it..
Title: Re: DNA40 cradle
Post by: Darthpistachio on November 15, 2014, 10:02:41 AM
I should have received my first print for testing today but shapeways contacted me with info that they had used a bad mix and my print came out crappy - so I asked them to reprint - now I have to wait a few more days..

and sculpteo have also put a delay on my order from them as they reckon they have had unusual demand for printing jobs and I've gone down the queue for a while!  sheesh.

soon as I have tested it with the chip and in the hana enclosure it'll be out of beta  :)
Title: Re: DNA40 cradle
Post by: Darthpistachio on November 15, 2014, 10:14:29 AM
I would have posted here about the cradles but for some reason I can only reply to posts and I am unable to create a new thread  :(
Title: Re: DNA40 cradle
Post by: wa9w00d on November 15, 2014, 10:24:30 AM
Darthpistachio, tell us what part of the UK you hail from, and then you can start your own thread.  ( you have to post three times to be able to start a thread)  :)
Title: Re: DNA40 cradle
Post by: Jasen on November 15, 2014, 11:09:27 AM
Darthpistachio

Welcome, I believe you need 5 posts, then you can start a new thread.
Title: Re: DNA40 cradle
Post by: Darthpistachio on November 16, 2014, 05:50:12 AM
The create Thread Icon finally appeared yesterday and I made a post with full details for the cradle I've designed  here:

http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php?topic=1438.new;topicseen (http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php?topic=1438.new;topicseen)

I come From South Wales in The UK and have a background in 3D modelling for the last 15 years - So It was a no brainer to start designing stuff like this for the vaping world in my spare time  :)

Ultimately I'm hoping to design a few box mods as a complete kit for shapeways in future...