Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: ghh3rd on May 16, 2015, 07:35:55 PM

Title: Keystone battery sled question
Post by: ghh3rd on May 16, 2015, 07:35:55 PM
I want to order some Keystone 18650 single battery sleds.  I'm still trying to figure out which of the three types that I need:

1042 Single 18650 Cell Surface Mount - phospher bronze
1043 Single 18650 Cell Thru Hole Mount - phospher bronze
1044 Single 18650 Cell Solder Tab Mount - stainless steel

Also, since Keystone says they are for "batteries with circuit protection", will my non protected batteries still fit snugly enough to make good contact, or do they make different sleds for non-protected batteries?

Thanks,

Randy
Title: Re: Keystone battery sled question
Post by: ghh3rd on May 17, 2015, 08:48:14 PM
Ordered one of each (four) type... they're only $2-3 each... I figure they will all get used eventually.  Perhaps I'll document them in this post once I get them.
Title: Re: Keystone battery sled question
Post by: dc99 on May 17, 2015, 09:15:24 PM
Its really more of, (how they mount) than anything. Any will work, you just have to shorten the tabs so they don't touch the bottom of the box. (if its metal) Be sure to bend the tab back on the connector or they will catch on the cover of the battery when you try to remove them. You will understand when you see them.