Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => General Discussions => Topic started by: Brian9523 on November 24, 2010, 10:40:33 PM

Title: Indulgence V2
Post by: Brian9523 on November 24, 2010, 10:40:33 PM
Can any one give me feed back on the Indulgence V2 PV mod? I see a kit at Eastmall for $59. I'd like to upgrade from an eGo.
Eastmall:http://www.eastmall.net/Products/Products.aspx?type=100000031&name=Eastmall-Indulgence-V2 (http://www.eastmall.net/Products/Products.aspx?type=100000031&name=Eastmall-Indulgence-V2)
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: mjacksonrigg on November 25, 2010, 09:50:15 AM
The company who makes the Indulgence is Eastmall based in China. They have a $17 flat rate shipping fee for any size order. The shipping time can be quite long and God Forbid you have to return it for any reason, you can be waiting for months as I read in several ECF posts.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Breaktru on November 25, 2010, 02:10:19 PM
The other day I was doing some research on the Indulgence V2. I may be considering it to add to my collection. I am NOT going to buy from China. There are a couple of U.S. suppliers that are carrying it for about the same price but less for shipping and a quicker delivery. The kit comes with the 6 volt setup. You can get it in parts to build your own style. I will most likely get the 18650, 3.7 tube. There's so many nice custom PV's out there, it so hard to decide but the V2 is like almost half the price of many of them. The Silver bullet and Omega look good though.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Breaktru on December 03, 2010, 10:58:08 AM
Made the purchase from iVape.net. They put together a kit for the 18650 battery for a great price. $49.95
When dripping: The strange thing is that using the same atty and eJuice on the Indulgence V2 it creates far less vapor than my eGo. The 18650 is a true 3.7v and the eGo is 3.4volts. To produce more vapor on the V2, I have to trigger it for several seconds as opposed to the 3 seconds with the eGo.
It's a nice looking device and for 49 bucks a great deal. I'm going to try out some LR's on it. That's where the advantage lies. A 3.7volt battery can handle the LR's. The 3.4v will perform well in vapor production but the battery is taking a beating.

ECF: Indulgence Review: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/70365-eastmalls-indulgence-review.html
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Breaktru on December 07, 2010, 08:57:48 PM
When dripping: The strange thing is that using the same atty and eJuice on the Indulgence V2 it creates far less vapor than my eGo. The 18650 is a true 3.7v and the eGo is 3.4volts. To produce more vapor on the V2, I have to trigger it for several seconds as opposed to the 3 seconds with the eGo.
It's a nice looking device and for 49 bucks a great deal. I'm going to try out some LR's on it. That's where the advantage lies. A 3.7volt battery can handle the LR's. The 3.4v will perform well in vapor production but the battery is taking a beating.

Although my Indulgence is brandy new, inside the tube is covered with an oxidation. I dropped in a piece of steel wool and scoured it with a flat blade screw driver. I emery-ed both ends of the spring. Still the same results of low vapor with a standard 2.0 ohm atty.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Breaktru on December 07, 2010, 08:58:43 PM
My button sucks also, stopped working (mechanically). I put a drop of baby oil or you can use mineral oil in the button and it works better than when I got it (plastic crap).
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Breaktru on December 07, 2010, 09:01:17 PM
Okay, here is my amperage results:

Battery tested 4.05volts before and after amp testing (18650 3.7v, 2400mah). Used a 2.0 ohm atty which calculates to 2.025amps on paper.

1.47amps with the battery out of the PV in series with the atty and amp meter.
1.25amps with battery in the tube, battery not compressed into the bottom spring.
1.37amps with battery in the tube, battery full compressed bottomed out to the base forcefully. (means spring is a piece of crap. copper spring would be better)
using magnet helps put more compression on spring.
1.17amps with switch connected and NO atty base.
1.17amps with everything put together, no loss with atty base.

The switch measured 0.4 ohms, which aided to the loss of amperage at 0.2amps
Unless the spring is full depressed, amperage loss is great at .22amps. Even depressed the loss was .1amps
Total amp loss was 0.3amps making my Indulgence V2 sub par to my eGo.

If I can replace the spring with a copper one and replace the switch, this thing may be worth keeping. Anyone have any ideas on switches that would fit this housing and how to take it out without destroying the plunger it is attached to?
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: dennis15 on December 09, 2010, 09:44:29 AM
Thanks Breaktru,
The baby oil worked great in my button. It was non-functional before the oil. I also used the oil in my other PV's with great success.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Breaktru on December 10, 2010, 11:46:52 PM
Okay, I got my Indulgence to work.
I removed the switch and tried to tin the spring between the top of the switch but I could not solder to it. So I used a spring from and old ball point pen (cut to size). I soldered the spring to the brass pin that makes contact to the bottom of the PV top that the atty screws into. Then I soldered the bottom of the spring to the switch leg. This was a difficult procedure. To get the alignment of the spring to the parts as well as making sure the dept of the switch was just right so the button would move in and out. Turned out perfect after much trial and error. Lets see how long this lasts. Vapor production is much improved. The switch resistance went from .4 ohms to ZERO ohms.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Breaktru on January 04, 2011, 08:09:26 PM
Well I shelved my Indulgence for my 2 Copper Mods. Although I have much improved the vapor, It doesn't compare to my mods. My advise, save your money and make 8 copper mods for the same money. Copper mods are easy, cheap and better quality. See the Copper Mod Thread for instructions on building your own.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: blueeyes on January 04, 2011, 08:42:40 PM
Thanks Breaktru, I almost bought one. Going to try my hand at the Copper Mod. Wish me luck.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Pantera on February 16, 2011, 05:36:08 PM
I had the same problem breaktru. I have since moved on to a ProVari and use my Indulgence as a backup.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: vaperkarma on March 28, 2011, 07:14:08 PM
Thanks Breaktru,
The baby oil worked great in my button. It was non-functional before the oil. I also used the oil in my other PV's with great success.

The oil worked good on my button too. thanks buddy.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: ChainVaper on August 12, 2011, 08:50:17 AM
I can't believe with all the BAD postings about this PV that people still continue to buy it.
Mine is in the Parts Bin for spare parts.
The problem with why people continue to buy them is because of those A-Hole Fan Boys and Gals.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: fdogr on August 13, 2011, 04:36:31 AM
Had not read before. It really is very bad mod. I have it in a drawer for months. It spoils the button loses by poor spring qualities and advise people not to buy it
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: eliteedge_7 on December 11, 2011, 03:27:35 AM
I had similar problems with the 510 n although the 510n uses a mosfet over a mechanical button it was putting out less than my egos had. I replaced the mosfet with a 3amp switch and it worked well till my metaleating skin ate off the chrome paint in spots. using it still till I get my 18650 copper mod done
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: stealfdawg on January 14, 2012, 10:51:52 AM
dont wanna say it but I gotta call it as I see it! the Indulgence sucks I got a V3 and it went kaput after 2 days sent it back and got an e-power wish I would have just kept my money and made a bunch of coppers and bought some trustfires 18650s and a charger OH well live and learn! :wallbash:
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: lluulnw on January 03, 2014, 11:30:42 PM
 It spoils the button loses by poor spring qualities and advise people not to buy it.
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: zeus17 on January 06, 2014, 01:37:43 PM
surprised that i saw this again...
its been eons since i threw that mod out ..

but at any rate...nowadays there are a lot of better mods than this /...
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Breaktru on January 06, 2014, 02:45:38 PM
We came along way since then
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: Brian9523 on January 06, 2014, 02:48:05 PM
yeah, it was like the stone age back when I first posted over 3yrs ago
Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: zeus17 on January 06, 2014, 03:03:38 PM
just a nostalgic feeling seeing this mod again,or so atleast reading its name...hahahha

stone age of vaping..


missing the good ol days of high voltage vaping hehehheheheheh

Title: Re: Indulgence V2
Post by: CraigHB on January 06, 2014, 05:38:26 PM
I didn't notice the dates until you mentioned it, but yeah, a lot has changed in 3 years.