Breaktru Forum
eCigarette Forum => Modding => Topic started by: MonkeyTokes on August 28, 2015, 08:02:45 AM
-
Recently I've started using TheModFather and David4500's PWM boards from OSH Park. For me, the noise isn't annoying but because I make mods for other people I'd like to find a way to get rid of the noise. I've seen quite a few people reference "turning off" the noise or at least an ability to do so such as this video; https://youtu.be/Cal0sDwYB_w
So would it be possible to do something similar in our application with a capacitor between ground and whatever that guy was referencing as the PWM ground 0_o
-
You can play with different resistor and capacitor values to tweak the timer frequency
http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/555-astable-calculator
.1uF for the cap and 10K for the potentiometer are the typical values if following the 555 PWM diagram from Boxmodders
For C, enter .1 microFarad
For R1, enter 10 kilohms
For R2, enter 0.
Enter the frequency here http://onlinetonegenerator.com/ click the square wave, turn the volume down fairly low and click play
I typically keep the cap value the same .1uF and use a 50K pot for a frequency around 288hz which I don't find bothersome.