Breaktru Forum

eCigarette Forum => Modding => Parts for Mods => Topic started by: timesarerough on December 06, 2011, 09:22:53 PM

Title: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: timesarerough on December 06, 2011, 09:22:53 PM
Here's a coveted source for tantalum capacitors:

http://www.avx.com/

https://www.avx.com/RequestSample.asp

Part numbers for AVX Tantalum Caps:

TAP107K010SCS
TAP107N016SCS
TAP107H006SCS

I have 20 samples of EACH of these but I use the TAP107K010SCS most often (10V) when building mods.
If you order TAP107N016SCS (16V), they're quite a bit larger than the other two part numbers.
You may also receive a response via e-mail directly from AVX offering alternative part numbers as their stock fluctuates as to what's available for samples.
They'll have the same properties, just different PN's and probably different leads.

Anyways, thought I'd save ya some time and headaches looking through PDF's trying to figure out what's needed for TI regulators.
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: timesarerough on December 07, 2011, 03:46:30 PM
AND DON'T FORGET TO CLICK MY APPLAUSE BUTTON IF YOU DIG FREE STUFF!!!   :thankyou:
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: StudentOfVaping on February 28, 2012, 08:36:05 AM
Whooop!  :beer-toast:  Got my reply today, they're sending me the lot!  :rockin smiley:

 :thankyou:   
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Tameron on February 28, 2012, 09:42:12 AM
Whooop!    Got my reply today, they're sending me the lot!

 :thankyou:

 :thumbsup: that's good news
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Dznutz on April 04, 2012, 07:44:23 PM
Ok so on these I ordered about 90 samples from them back in January and well I get  home today and low and behold I now have them.
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Breaktru on April 04, 2012, 08:25:07 PM
Ok so on these I ordered about 90 samples from them back in January and well I get  home today and low and behold I now have them.

Fantastic................ All 90 ?
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Dznutz on April 04, 2012, 11:54:11 PM
yes sir I asked for 30 each of the ones posted, so I got 30 6v, 30 10v and 30 16v. I never thought I was going to see them I exchanged emails a few times  with them and they said on the way, what first week of February and they arrive today  :thumbsup: a little slow on customer shipping but hey I am not complaining.
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Brekableq on June 20, 2012, 01:00:47 PM
Do they charge you for shipping?
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Breaktru on June 20, 2012, 04:39:46 PM
Do they charge you for shipping?

Free shipping
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Ginjo on October 30, 2012, 06:03:00 PM
submitted my request... hope this pushes through:)
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Visus on October 23, 2013, 07:45:09 PM
Resubmitted my request fingers crossed I think I may have asked for too many.
I did the 30 request 1st and was denied.  Now 10 and hopeful..

 :thumbsup:
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Visus on October 25, 2013, 11:22:17 PM
Update to the update

Got an email they didn't stock 2 of the capacitors anymore asked would the new replacements be sufficient.
I called spoke to santa and she said,
Awwww Yeah
thanks for heads up..

Dec 2013 they will be hot off the maker machines and I can get a sample of their new and improved capacitor.

Nice people..

Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: blkbd on May 15, 2014, 11:01:03 PM
Submitted for just 4 and got a email that they will ship, From my correspondence with the rep she is only about 4 towns away from me and knows exactly where I'm at  freaked_out: But I do have free parts coming. :thumbsup:  Just glad I'm good at bullshitting!
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Breaktru on May 16, 2014, 07:05:21 AM
Submitted for just 4 and got a email that they will ship, From my correspondence with the rep she is only about 4 towns away from me and knows exactly where I'm at  freaked_out: But I do have free parts coming. :thumbsup:  Just glad I'm good at bullshitting!

I hope the sales rep don't come knocking at your door for an order of 10,000  :laughing2:
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: blkbd on May 16, 2014, 09:56:12 AM
I hope the sales rep don't come knocking at your door for an order of 10,000  :laughing2:

Maybe on Monday I should send a email that my position is being terminated at the end of the week? Or that I just gave my 2 week written notice in crayon.. :laughing2: 
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Flawed on November 13, 2014, 03:10:44 PM
Uhhh yeah -  almost 3 years later, this *still* works. Two of the parts numbers have changed though. Here are the corrected numbers:

TAP107K010SCS
TAP107K016SCS
TAP107K006SCS

thanks a ton. I ordered 20 of each, no hesitation on sending them to me. Except to email me and ask about the part numbers.
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Breaktru on November 13, 2014, 03:19:43 PM
Good to hear it Flawed.
Thanks for the update.
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Flawed on November 13, 2014, 03:40:49 PM
I'm a first time builder, I'm starting with all your old mods. Thanks again Breaktru.
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: blkbd on November 13, 2014, 06:47:40 PM
I'm a first time builder, I'm starting with all your old mods. Thanks again Breaktru.

Yup this is the best forum.  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: ***FREE TANTALUM CAPACITORS FOR BUILDING EVERCOOL MODS***
Post by: Flawed on November 14, 2014, 09:53:36 PM
Please send Mr. Eugene Fugate the following sample:

Part Number/Description #1: TAP226K010SCS

Quantity #1: 20

AVX is sending me another 20 caps. 80 caps total so far .
I should be good for a minute.